is this really an Orange? EBAY FAKE!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:09 am

Anyone who writes in all caps is lying about everything.

...Okay, maybe not, but it's still silly to write in all caps. ;) It does look like that Sound City a ton.

Bandeapart
Orange Master

Post by Bandeapart » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:49 am

The best part of his email was the word "NON-SENCE".... Oh the "ironicness".
Orange AD30TC, Rickenbacker 360, 52RI Tele

thenewkid
Rocker

Post by thenewkid » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:32 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Neiloler</i>
<br />
...Okay, maybe not, but it's still silly to write in all caps. ;)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

:D8)[:p]
James
ImageImage
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bandeapart</i>
<br />I think we're all the crazy guy on the Orange forum... look how much time we waste here each day.

kungfu
Orange Expert

Post by kungfu » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:31 am

Looks retro:D

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:50 am

Chassis and electronics layout don't look like any Orange I've ever seen. The chassis / faceplate should be stove enamelled. Orange products were almost always PCB based, though the simple old valve reverb units had turret boards. That seems to be neither.

Though it is just possible (Orange did some oddities) I don't think that is an Orange. I'm certainly not buying it!!!

aNDyH. :)
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

Orphin
Duke of Orange

Post by Orphin » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:35 pm

+1 one for Sound city.

The only turretboard/handwired amps in Orange entire history has been wired by either Matamp or Ade Amsley, and the guts of that amp is not their work.
David
I'm speaking out of my a$$. Yours might differ.

Taronja
Orange Master

Post by Taronja » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:48 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bclaire</i>
<br />Emailed the guy to ask about it and got this:

LISTEN, THIS CAME FROM AN AMP MUSEUM ~ THE PREVIOUS OWNER OF THIS ALSO OWNS "THEE AMP" THE BEATLES USED IN THE CAVERN CLUB RECORDINGS @ A PRICE OF $135,000. IF IT'S NOT IN YOUR CATALOGS, OH WELL. IT'S AN ALL ORIGINAL RARE HEAD WITH LOTS OF ORANGE COLLECTERS INTERESTED THAT KNOW EXACTLY WHAT IT IS. THE TONE OF YOUR FIRST MAIL WAS UNCALLED FOR, PLAIN RUDE!. I KNOW WHAT I HAVE & IF YOUR NOT FAMILIAR WITH IT DON'T MEAN IT DON'T EXIST. IT MEANS (YOUR) NOT FAMILIAR WITH IT. IT'S RARE & ALL ORIGINAL(EXCEPT TUBES). MY 2X15 ORANGE CAB I SOLD TO JOHN MAYER. I SUPPOSE IF THAT'S NOT IN YOUR CATALOGS IT DON'T EXIST NIETHER. I OWN A FLEET OF VINTAGE MARSHALL CATALOGS & I KNOW OF SEVERAL ITEMS WHICH WERE NOT IN THERE CATALOGS BECAUSE THEY WERE ONLY AVAILIABLE THROUGH "MAIL ORDER"~THROUGH THERE AFFIATED DISTRIBUTION COMPANIES(EXAMPLE PARK MORRIS/CLEARTONE MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS(CMI), ETC...ALSO, THERE'S LOTS OF PROTOTYPES OUT THERE THAT WERE NEVER MASS PRODUCED-OR CANCELED JUST MONTHS INTO THE PRODUCTION.
PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND, I'M THROUGH WITH THE NON-SENCE. PLEASE DON'T BUT THIS. I HAVE INCREDIABLY HIGH FEEDBACK BECAUSE I OFFER GREAT SERVICE AND AM . WHY WOULD I ON PURPOSLY MIS-REPRESENT SOMETHING TO BEGIN WITH? UNREAL.

yeah that auction should be stopped, somone needs to wake this guy up
and inform him that there are real Orange experts out there that do
know what Orange built and sold. this seller seems very ignorant.
makes you wounder how he got his "INCREDIABLY HIGH FEEDBACK (DSR
SCORES)". yeah he sure is very "VERY HONEST" ha!

can you imagine an "AMP MUSEUM" calling this unit an Orange :D

Jon
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Easter-B ... 6877535568
Member since 2005
Currently a non orange owner. Im actively in search of a vintage OR head... Feel free to send me any leads... :)

Orphin
Duke of Orange

Post by Orphin » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:37 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">can you imagine an "AMP MUSEUM" calling this unit an Orange <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
<br />
Yeah, I was thinking about that too. Either he is lying, or somebody lied to him, or the museum is a very strange museum.. right?
David

Jabberwocky
Orange Expert

Post by Jabberwocky » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:51 pm

Looks suspiciously like an old sound city PA I used to own somewhere back in the mists of the 70s
Fender USA Standard Stratocaster
Gordon Smith Galaxy
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Faith Jupiter Jumbo Acoustic
Orange Rocker 30 HD
Orange Micro Terror
Orange PPC 212 OB
Lead
Plectrum
Attitude
Sorted!

chinese fork tie
Orange Master

Post by chinese fork tie » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:42 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bclaire</i>
<br />Emailed the guy to ask about it and got this:

LISTEN, THIS CAME FROM AN AMP MUSEUM ~ THE PREVIOUS OWNER OF THIS ALSO OWNS "THEE AMP" THE BEATLES USED IN THE CAVERN CLUB RECORDINGS @ A PRICE OF $135,000. IF IT'S NOT IN YOUR CATALOGS, OH WELL. IT'S AN ALL ORIGINAL RARE HEAD WITH LOTS OF ORANGE COLLECTERS INTERESTED THAT KNOW EXACTLY WHAT IT IS. THE TONE OF YOUR FIRST MAIL WAS UNCALLED FOR, PLAIN RUDE!. I KNOW WHAT I HAVE & IF YOUR NOT FAMILIAR WITH IT DON'T MEAN IT DON'T EXIST. IT MEANS (YOUR) NOT FAMILIAR WITH IT. IT'S RARE & ALL ORIGINAL(EXCEPT TUBES). MY 2X15 ORANGE CAB I SOLD TO JOHN MAYER. I SUPPOSE IF THAT'S NOT IN YOUR CATALOGS IT DON'T EXIST NIETHER. I OWN A FLEET OF VINTAGE MARSHALL CATALOGS & I KNOW OF SEVERAL ITEMS WHICH WERE NOT IN THERE CATALOGS BECAUSE THEY WERE ONLY AVAILIABLE THROUGH "MAIL ORDER"~THROUGH THERE AFFIATED DISTRIBUTION COMPANIES(EXAMPLE PARK MORRIS/CLEARTONE MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS(CMI), ETC...ALSO, THERE'S LOTS OF PROTOTYPES OUT THERE THAT WERE NEVER MASS PRODUCED-OR CANCELED JUST MONTHS INTO THE PRODUCTION.
PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND, I'M THROUGH WITH THE NON-SENCE. PLEASE DON'T BUT THIS. I HAVE INCREDIABLY HIGH FEEDBACK (DSR SCORES) BECAUSE I OFFER GREAT SERVICE AND AM VERY HONEST. WHY WOULD I ON PURPOSLY MIS-REPRESENT SOMETHING TO BEGIN WITH? UNREAL.

jesus, dude. learn how to spell and use grammar properly.
http://myspace.com/rewritedept
i gotta movie in my head! you wanna see it?

Bandeapart
Orange Master

Post by Bandeapart » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:37 pm

CAPS LOCK MEANS I DONT NEED TO LURN WHERE BIG CASE LETTRS BELONG! ITS PURE COMON SENCE !
Orange AD30TC, Rickenbacker 360, 52RI Tele

chrismathewsjr
Orange Master

Post by chrismathewsjr » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:43 pm

HELLO CHRIS, IF THIS IS NOT AN ORANGE IT WOULD BE EASY TO TELL. SHOW ME EXACT PICTURES OF WHAT IT REALLY IS & SCHMATICS? IF THIS IS NOT AN ORANGE ALSO WHY WOULD I HAVE POSTED THE PICTURES OF THE OPEN CHASSIS IN THE LISTING? ..HIWATT, SOUND CITY, ARE CLOSE TO BEING ONE AND THE SAME ON CERTAIN MODELS BUT STILL 2 DIFFERENT CO. WHICH ACTUALLY SHARED BUILDINGS FOR CERTAIN PERIODS IN TIME. WHETHER ORANGE COPIED A DESIGN OFF OF HIWATT OR SOUND CITY OR VIS-VERSA IS POSSIBLE. THEY WERE ALL BUILT IN ENGLAND AS YOU KNOW. ORANGE MAY HAVE BOUGHT MODELS FROM ONE OF THOSE COMPANIES AS WELL. THE TOLEX IS 100% VINTAGE ON MY ORANGE PA 100 HEAD AND HAS THE EXACT SAME TEXTURE PATTERN AS ALL MY VINTAGE ORANGE GEAR. I HAD AN ORANGE 2X12 STEEL PLEXI HANDLED CAB. (1) MID 70'S 2X12 WITH GOODMAN HORNS, A 1971 2X15 I SOLD TO JOHN MAYER, ETC & 2 6X12's.. THERE IS NO EVIDENCE I HAVE SEEN THIS IS SOME HOW A BOGUS HEAD. IT CAME FROM A VERY LARGE COLLECTER WHOM OWNS SEVERAL MILLIONS IN AMPS AND TENS OF MILLIONS IN VINTAGE GUITARS & I ALSO KNOW THE PERSON WHOM OWNED IT BEFORE THAT. IF IT'S NOT AN ORIGINAL ORANGE THAN I WOULD NEED PROOF OF THE MODEL IT IS AND EXACT PICTURES & WIRING DIAGRAMS. I HAVE HAD ORANGE COLLECTERS CONTACT ME FOR 2 MONTHS THINKING OF BUYING AND WAS NEVER QUSTIONED ITS ORIGINALITY FROM THEM. SINCE IT HAS BEEN ON EBAY FOR 2 MONTHS AND THIS JUST CAME UP TONIGHT I HIGHLY DOUBT THERE IS ANY VALIDITY TO THE IDEA. HARMONY MADE GUITARS FOR YEARS BUT SOME SAY SILVERTONE BECAUSE SILVERTONE PUT THERE NAME ON THEM..YOU GET THE POINT. I NEED 100% PROOF

---

I haven't been a scientist for very long, but I think the burden of proof is probably not on me is it?

And is he suggesting that Orange and Sound City shared a building?
'74 Orange OR120 w/Contemporary Avatar 4x12 V30s
'04 Orange AD30 w/Traditional Avatar 2x12 w/G12H30s

http://www.jooniorstudios.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/chrismathewsjr/

Simon Wicks
Orange Master

Post by Simon Wicks » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:59 pm

I've e-mailed him too ;)

mr_william
Orange Master

Post by mr_william » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:44 pm

perhaps we all should... maybe someone would be kind enough to post his email address!....

just kidding...

or am i?...
Will.
Bink wrote:Will you're a genius!! :D
Randy Bass wrote:For the record, mr_william is a genius :D .

Orphin
Duke of Orange

Post by Orphin » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:44 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Simon Wicks</i>
<br />I've e-mailed him too ;)
<br />
Keep us updated with his reply.
David