is this really an Orange? EBAY FAKE!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Taronja
Orange Master

Post by Taronja » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:16 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mr_william</i>
<br />perhaps we all should... maybe someone would be kind enough to post his email address!....

just kidding...

or am i?...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

just contact him threw Ebay under contact the seller..

Jon
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Easter-B ... 6877535568
Member since 2005
Currently a non orange owner. Im actively in search of a vintage OR head... Feel free to send me any leads... :)

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:52 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Orphin</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">can you imagine an "AMP MUSEUM" calling this unit an Orange <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
<br />
Yeah, I was thinking about that too. Either he is lying, or somebody lied to him, or the museum is a very strange museum.. right?

This guy has had a number of amps and stuff on ebay, all at exorbitant prices and dubious information. Whoever owned all of this stuff had a lot of stuff but zero idea what he had...

Taronja
Orange Master

Post by Taronja » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:29 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bclaire</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Orphin</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">can you imagine an "AMP MUSEUM" calling this unit an Orange <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
<br />
Yeah, I was thinking about that too. Either he is lying, or somebody lied to him, or the museum is a very strange museum.. right?

This guy has had a number of amps and stuff on ebay, all at exorbitant prices and dubious information. Whoever owned all of this stuff had a lot of stuff but zero idea what he had...

yeah, that so called "AMP MUSEUM" :D he probably got it all in an auction lot or something like that.

Jon
Member since 2005
Currently a non orange owner. Im actively in search of a vintage OR head... Feel free to send me any leads... :)

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:43 am

Hey- is this the same guy but a different seller ID?

http://cgi.ebay.com/DUESENBERG-STARPLAY ... 0336062444

bigdawg
Tiny Terror

Post by bigdawg » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:22 pm

Jesus said - Come forth and I will grant you eternal life...

But I only came fifth and got the kettle...

----------------------------------------

Dont knock on death's door....

Ring the bell and leggit.... that really p**ses him off

chrismathewsjr
Orange Master

Post by chrismathewsjr » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:06 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bigdawg</i>
<br />how about an orange turntable:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VINTAGE-TWIN-DECK ... 240%3A1318

At least those show up in the catalog. :)
'74 Orange OR120 w/Contemporary Avatar 4x12 V30s
'04 Orange AD30 w/Traditional Avatar 2x12 w/G12H30s

http://www.jooniorstudios.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/chrismathewsjr/

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:08 am

Ha ha ha ha! He's back and he's pissed at us!

http://cgi.ebay.com/1974-ORANGE-MARSHAL ... 0283670406

MSP
Orange Master

Post by MSP » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:02 am

How odd!
I really wish he'd start using the right "there", "their" and "they're". Bad grammar is enough to make anyone lose a bit of credibility, unless of course they're--see, using the right one--ESL. I guess my question is, if it's real why isn't there any documentation?

Oh and our forum has little to offer in the way of "non-mainstreem" info. Don't most internet browsers have spell check these days? [sarcasm]The great thing about the internet is that anyone can make an opinion and think that it's just as valid as anyone else's. The great equalizer....[/sarcasm]

Anyway, I feel like this guy is honestly telling us as much as he knows, but the amp itself seems a bit suspect and if he were to go and contact some authority (ie the manufacturer or perhaps Matamp, but this might be too late for Matamp) on the subject and then if it was verified as genuine he could potentially sell it for more anyway. He's going about this the wrong way.
http://www.myspace.com/sleuthband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:46 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">BACK IN THE DAY FOR THOSE OF US WHOM WERE AROUND THEN WHEN ORANGE FIRST CAME OUT IN THE LATE '68 IT IS COMMON KNOWLEDGE THAT THE ENGLISH AMP COMPANIES PINCHED OFF ONE ANOTHER AND USED SIMILAR PARTS. VOX / ARBITOR / TRACE ELLIOT / HIWATT / WHITE / SOUND CITY / LANEY / LONDON CITY <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Clearly he wasn't too aware back then. London City was a Dutch make, and Trace Elliot started in 1979...

Dearie me!

aNDyH. :)
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

flea
Orange Master

Post by flea » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:55 pm

My favorite part: # Q. THE ORANGE FORUM PARTICIPANTS CLAIM TYPING IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS MEANS YOUR HIDING SOMETHING, IS THIS TRUE?
# A. NO, I TYPE IN CAPS BECAUSE I USE 1 FINGER TO TYPE~ AND ALSO MY SPELLING IS AWFUL~I REALIZE THIS.

Lol!

Bandeapart
Orange Master

Post by Bandeapart » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:10 am

Hahaha, this guy is awesome... .why hasn't anyone just asked Orange?
Orange AD30TC, Rickenbacker 360, 52RI Tele

Tibor
Orange Hero

Post by Tibor » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:44 pm

because we all are scientist in extended amp studies...:D

Taronja
Orange Master

Post by Taronja » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:33 pm

he has my names as "vistalites- orange-overdrive120"

i think he trying to match up our ebay account ID with our user names on here,
but he is a bit mixed up. at-least with mine .. HAhahaha

from his auction page
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Hi
I bought it from a guy in the UK as an Orange and always felt that it was.

My personal opinion is that most of the amp forum's have very little
to offer in the way of proper non-mainstreem info and are mostly
jabber and opinions based on very little experince.

The amp is not a Sound City, they wren't made this good and didn't use
these transformers...it looks like an Orange/Matamp and is probubly a
prototype...and if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, etc!
</i><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

what ever, it may not be Sound City, but its also NOT an Orange :D
im mean yeah Orange in color maybe, thus the Duck thing :D:D:D:D
but it sure won't quack like a Duck :D and that by far is
the most important part of it all ;)
i mean hell i can walk like a penguin 8) but WTF does that prove.

yeah, he should at-least with a pinch of salt take the advice of the
ORANGE FORUM members as this is what we are into and have
knowledge of. jeeezs, this guy can goto any collector or so called museum for
info, but if he really wants to know about these products, this would be the place to come to.
he should be lucky to have our knowledge on hand for him.

Jon
Member since 2005

tugartheman
Orange Master

Post by tugartheman » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:34 pm

This whole thing is priceless really. I mean who the hell is going to buy this damn thing now? You got one guy, riding the coat tails of his selling history, saying one thing and you've got a dozen or more Orange Nuts, who know as much or more about the history of the company than the company does, telling him he's wrong.

Like someone said, the burden of proof is on this guy. He wants us to prove that it isn't a fake? That's not how the world works, he's got the amp to look at, we don't. That's like asking someone to prove that my Rolex isn't a fake just because I bought it in Thailand.

I mean, all the guy has is circumstantial evidence at best. He says something along the line of- 'No one on the forum can prove that this isn't an Orange. Or if it is a Sound City why it has Douglass transformers.' Then the guy takes his argument and demolishes it himself by saying that British companies of that era shared parts and/or bought them from the same wholesaler.

The line about being around in 68' is classic too. I know for a fact there are some forum members around is 68', but that's not the point. The point is, yes you may be old, but that doesn't make you right. Age and wisdom do not always travel together.
Orange AD30HTC thru Orange PPC2x12. Orange Bass Terror Combo.

Gibson ES-333, Gibson SG Bass, Custom Built Jazzmaster, Les Paul Custom, Kalamazoo KG-1A, Gibson J-45.

Knuckle Bones
Orange Master

Post by Knuckle Bones » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:41 pm

Did anyone notice (beyond the subject at hand) that in the pics each channel appears to have a pre amp tube...only channel 1 and 5 are missing theirs? There are holes for the tube socket there, but no tube socket!
“It's amazing what new strings and a cold beer can do for your toneâ€