orange + krank = WOW

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

jdavis
Rocker

Post by jdavis » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:25 am

Hey guys, it's been months and months since I've been on the forum. Guess I've been working too much. I've been running two tiny terrors for the past year or so thru a Keeley Framptone 3 banger. That is an amp switch that lets you run 3 amps together. I've been looking for the perfect 3rd amp and finally I got one! I bought a Krank rev jr 20 watt head. OMG!! This thing absolutely rips! The distortion is similar to a tiny terror but it has a ton of "oomph" for lack of a better term. With these 3 amps I now have a total of 50 watts and my rig is more than enough for any application. The tone is what sets it apart though. I run one tiny with the gain at about 1 oclock, the 2nd with the gain at 3, and the krank with the gain at 3 and the sweep at 1. With all 3 amps going it is pure tonal bliss. All I need now are earplugs!
2 tiny terrors,Krank rev jr,pacific woodworks 412, 4 theile ported 112's w/ 25 watt greenbacks, Crate power block, Framptone 3 banger,85 explorer,jackson strat,jay turser semi hollow,custom tele, bad horsie wah, ibanez sound tank delay, member #15 Tiny Terror club

kmlabs
Orange Expert

Post by kmlabs » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:59 am

Man, I'd love to hear those three together...
Kerry

Too much gain is... just about enough

Brutalitarian Supremacy
Rocker

Post by Brutalitarian Supremacy » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:53 pm

a friend of mine bought a TT and a Rev Jr Pro @ the same time and he seems to be pretty happy w/ his set up...
Egoism is the very essence of a noble soul...Friedrich Nietzsche

http://www.myspace.com/wearevarulvorden

Taronja
Orange Master

Post by Taronja » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:20 pm

i LOVE the tone and fullness of multiple amps, its the only way for me. glad your happy, that dose sound like a sweet set-up.

Jon
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Easter-B ... 6877535568
Member since 2005
Currently a non orange owner. Im actively in search of a vintage OR head... Feel free to send me any leads... :)

bobbypfalcon
Orange Expert

Post by bobbypfalcon » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:45 pm

For the price of all three of those amps you could have a Rockerverb 50 that does what all those amps can do - only much better.

deepblue
Tiny Terror

Post by deepblue » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:21 am

Correct me if im wrong, but arent Kranks designed for heavy metal?

flea
Orange Master

Post by flea » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:27 am

Is there anything wrong with that? :mrgreen: To get your fullest sound out of multiple amps, no matter your style, you need to accentuate different frequencies. I wouldn't mind trying a scooped mid sound in conjunction with my TT, along with a clean amp. Just to see how it would sound (Edit: I don't play metal)

rrrajo
Lord of Orange

Post by rrrajo » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:38 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by deepblue</i>
<br />Correct me if im wrong, but arent Kranks designed for heavy metal?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

The Krankenstein certainly is. The Revolution can just about get there. It has the Krank Channel , but not the Dime "Extra".

The Rev Jr is the same. If you took the TT and gave it Separate eq's with a Mid Sweep.....You would have a Rev JR.

Oddly enough, I always dreamed of the TT with the Thunderverb Channel.
That would approximate the idea!!!
Jimy...HM#5
--------------------

jdavis
Rocker

Post by jdavis » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:52 am

Bobbypfalcon said the Rockerverb 50 can do what all 3 of my amps can do only better... Actually not only no but hell no. The rockerverb 50 has some awesome tones. You can only get one tone at a time. With my 3 amp set up you can get awesome tones but you can get them ALL AT THE SAME TIME!! HUGE difference. The possibilities are almost limitless. One clean, one dirty and one set for shred. You can play all three dirty, or just about any combination you can think of. I promise that two tiny terrors and a rev jr. together vs one rockerverb 50, the small fries will win every time!
2 tiny terrors,Krank rev jr,pacific woodworks 412, 4 theile ported 112's w/ 25 watt greenbacks, Crate power block, Framptone 3 banger,85 explorer,jackson strat,jay turser semi hollow,custom tele, bad horsie wah, ibanez sound tank delay, member #15 Tiny Terror club

Necrobutcher

Post by Necrobutcher » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:42 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Brutalitarian Supremacy</i>
<br />a friend of mine bought a TT and a Rev Jr Pro @ the same time and he seems to be pretty happy w/ his set up...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Just to chime in on this, I do love the setup. The TT has that warm classic sound and the rev can do pretty much the whole spectrum but seems more comfortable at high gain. I find it a little harder to dial in the TT as far as tone goes. I think that is due to the whole Volume/Tone/Gain combo instead of an eq. I just sold my Fender Roc pro and Mesa Cab rig and am on the hunt for a set of ppc112's to have dual mini stack goodness.

I have been looking for a good aby pedal and am having no luck. Brutalitarian says the morley is good as long as it's modded. Most places give it a s--- review, but probably do not do the mod. I may pick up a snarling dog now that they are in stock at musician's friend again. Couple guys over at ultimate guitar said it works pretty well.