Just a few things...

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

AJS19
Orange Expert

Post by AJS19 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:06 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bluz57</i>
<br />Also wanted to report on my use of the DR Blues strings.I have had this set on my SG now for about three months. They still sound so good that I can't see why I would want to change them.No rust or corrosion, which is very unusual for me.The acid in my skin usually eats strings up.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I use DR Blues. Have for about a year. They last so much longer and sound better than the old cheapies I used to buy.
Please, call me Austin.
My Gear List

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:08 am

Thanks Clay, Josh, it's good to have some feed back. I think it might be less than effective on my Tweed Deluxe anyhow, as I use that thing as more of a "tone floor" to add my Rocker's clean or Dirty to to get different tones (and as an amp to play stereo delay things with... lovely tone...)

Can you get a big box of 10 DR Blues?

Bluz57
Prince of Orange

Post by Bluz57 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:23 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Neiloler</i>
<br />

Can you get a big box of 10 DR Blues?

As far as I know you cannot. They aren't cheap, but I like the tone of the pure nickel strings.They last so long that I don't need a big box of strings.
Paint it blue 4 soul.

Companyman
Orange Hero

Post by Companyman » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:29 pm

I have heard that pure nickel strings don't have the high end response that nickel -wound around steel has ,is this true ? If so they may be exactly what I need on my Tele !
http://www.myspace.com/earmarksaints
http://www.myspace.com/ceoman

My user name is everything that I am NOT !

Bluz57
Prince of Orange

Post by Bluz57 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:52 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Companyman</i>
<br />I have heard that pure nickel strings don't have the high end response that nickel -wound around steel has ,is this true ? If so they may be exactly what I need on my Tele !

Yes, I would describe them as more mellow than other types of strings. They are great on a telecaster.
Paint it blue 4 soul.

notagain

Post by notagain » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:05 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bluz57</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Companyman</i>
<br />I have heard that pure nickel strings don't have the high end response that nickel -wound around steel has ,is this true ? If so they may be exactly what I need on my Tele !

Yes, I would describe them as more mellow than other types of strings. They are great on a telecaster.
+1000

jdavis
Rocker

Post by jdavis » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:56 am

I'm with Blackcloud 45 on this one. Super Slinky 9's are all I will buy.
2 tiny terrors,Krank rev jr,pacific woodworks 412, 4 theile ported 112's w/ 25 watt greenbacks, Crate power block, Framptone 3 banger,85 explorer,jackson strat,jay turser semi hollow,custom tele, bad horsie wah, ibanez sound tank delay, member #15 Tiny Terror club

Bluz57
Prince of Orange

Post by Bluz57 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:23 pm

I decided it was time to change the strings. I notice the bass strings have flats cut on the bottom side of them..Hehe
Paint it blue 4 soul.