1000 reasons why the tele is the best guitar ever

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

BrianGT
Duke of Orange

Post by BrianGT » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:16 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Tele bridge pickups intimidate and intrigue me. I don't really get on with bridge pups in general but I'm trying to learn to. They are really sensitive to what you're doing with the right hand, tele's most of all.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I can really empathise with that! It took me a long time to deal with the rawness of a clean bridge pick up.....especially on a Tele.

Now I am addicted! Once you keep at it you get to hear it differently and it does become second nature.
On almost all of my guitars I play predominantly on the bridge pickup......that goes for Pauls, Strats, Teles and 335's.....of course I do use the neck pickups but there is something about that rawness that appeals! :D
BrianGT
http://www.myspace.com/gentlethunderband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bluz57
Prince of Orange

Post by Bluz57 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:53 am

With the tele there is no where to hide.Mistakes and slop can be covered up with some guitars, but you make a mistake with the telecaster and everyone knows it.A lap steel with a neck.
Paint it blue 4 soul.

Companyman
Orange Hero

Post by Companyman » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:19 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bluz57</i>
<br />With the tele there is no where to hide.Mistakes and slop can be covered up with some guitars, but you make a mistake with the telecaster and everyone knows it.A lap steel with a neck.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">this is so true , if you really want to see how lazy your technique is , try using a tele bridge pick-up and hear all of the sloppy picking and iffy fretting ! My Les Paul makes me sound like a better technician than I actually think I am , my Tele makes me think I really suck ! Perhaps the truth is somewhere in between !:D
http://www.myspace.com/earmarksaints
http://www.myspace.com/ceoman

My user name is everything that I am NOT !

TJ_Lee
Orange Master

Post by TJ_Lee » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:25 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bclaire</i>
<br />Reason 1000: at one point or another, every Strat player is going to sound like Stevie Ray.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Haterade....[:p]
Fender Telecaster '52 AVRI > Korg PB > Keeley BD-2 > Zendrive > Boss DD-3 > Boss DD-20 > Dr. Z Maz 18 > Two-Rock 212

Hit List: Two-Rock Emerald Pro/Bruno Cowtipper Pro II 35

scottdavis
Rocker

Post by scottdavis » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:09 pm

in the name of the telecaster,the g12h30 and the tiny terror, amen. it's the holy trinity of rock n roll my friends

Companyman
Orange Hero

Post by Companyman » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:24 pm

Sometimes I just crave that " SPROINGGGGG " that the Tele spits out on a C chord into an Orange set to mild break-up !

Bensen
Orange Master

Post by Bensen » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:51 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bluz57</i>
<br />With the tele there is no where to hide.Mistakes and slop can be covered up with some guitars, but you make a mistake with the telecaster and everyone knows it.A lap steel with a neck.

+1

Armchair Bronco
Orange Hero

Post by Armchair Bronco » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:53 am

I know that the Tele is one of the most versatile guitars out there, but whenever I see a Tele, I always think "Bruce Springsteen"...and I HATE Bruce Springsteen.

My collection won't be complete until I have an SG, a Jag, a Les Paul, a Strat, a Gretsch, and a Tele, so I guess one day I'll end up owning one. Until then, I'm an SG Classic guy.

Bensen
Orange Master

Post by Bensen » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:22 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Wired</i>
<br />Since when was the Tele not a mainstream instrument? There's a ton of tele players out there, and it has a reputation as good as the Strats.

The Tele is not the best guitar out there... not for me anyways. That award is present to my Gibson ES-335.

335s are great guitars, on other people. Seriously, I always loved the tone players get from their semis (and the look is great to) and checked out a lot of them in music stores with different amps, but nothing happened.
On the other hand I didn´t liked the look of a Tele (at first) but whenever I plug one in, its magic. Never been disappointed by a tele.

Companyman
Orange Hero

Post by Companyman » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:57 pm

I have found that I can ALWAYS hear myself in the mix with my tele , not so with my Les Paul Standard (still my Les Paul is my main axe , mostly because of the neck pick-up tones when played clean !)

Ohara
Orange Master

Post by Ohara » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:38 pm

I have never had any luck when using a tele as a rhythym guitar. They are great for leads as they cut through the mix like a knife through butter, but with the music that I play alot is required for filling the rhythym as I usually don't play with a bass player so I use the guitar to fill in the sound that is missing, and the tele just doesn't cut it for me. But if I was strictly playing lead a tele is an excellent guitar.
Just call me Ken

proud member #81 of the Tiny Terror Club
proud owner of Rocker 30 combo in white

Bluz57
Prince of Orange

Post by Bluz57 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:58 am

Well friday will be the first time I haven't recorded with my Telecaster.I am interested to see how my SG will sound.I am only going to take that guitar to the studio.I don't want to be tempted to play single coils.
Paint it blue 4 soul.