My new favortie tone:

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Joey22

Post by Joey22 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:39 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by TJ_Lee</i>
<br />I wish I could get a tele right now! Poor me moving out. I go a '32 LCD TV though for my money. :D

I think its time for you to pick up an Ethos OD now Joey. [:p]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Ohh, haha. That's cool.

I'll check it out:D

Joey22

Post by Joey22 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:40 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by OrangeJuicer</i>
<br />Nice Gear !!

Thanks!

Joey22

Post by Joey22 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:41 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by chinese fork tie</i>
<br />good set-up. since we're on the subject of awesome fender amp settings, i'll share mine.

either my epi LP100 (super cheapo LP knockoff that is actually like, the second best guitar in the world cuz it's unbreakable and still plays like a dream even though it's held together with duct tape) or jay turser 335 copy through a whole lot of effects, the settings of which i will try to duplicate here...

boss dd5: mode 3, echo level and feedback around 1.00, delay time around 11.00 (closet to 11.30). vintage ehx big muff: volume full, tone around 10.00, sustain at 12.30. crowther p+c: level at 1.00, mix around 2.00, drive around 2.00 (but i move it depnding on the room we're playing), bass switch and low frequncy contour both turned on. ehx small clone: depth switch up, rate gets changed every time we practice. ehx stereo pulsar: saw wave, depth between 10 and 3.00, shape around 12.30, rate between 9 and 2.00. finally, a dd20 set to either analog or tape mode with the tap engaged although i do a lot of knob twiddling on that one, so it's good that it has memory banks for things i program into it...

and all that mess runs into my fender super six, vibrato channel, input 2. brigt switch on, channel volume at 6, treble at 6, mids at 2, bass at 3, reverb between 4 and 8 (i really like spring reverb) and the master whereever i need it to fill the room with kevin shields-like walls of delay and feedback.

seriously, though, with the fender at that 6 6 6(=2x3) setting, it's super clean, bright, responsive with plenty of low-end attack and uhh. yeah. total soundgasm.

Nice;) I bet that super six sounds huge.

Joey22

Post by Joey22 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:42 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by hithere</i>
<br />clips????!

I don't have anything to record some:evil:

Sorry...

chinese fork tie
Orange Master

Post by chinese fork tie » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:52 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Joey22</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by chinese fork tie</i>
<br />good set-up. since we're on the subject of awesome fender amp settings, i'll share mine.

either my epi LP100 (super cheapo LP knockoff that is actually like, the second best guitar in the world cuz it's unbreakable and still plays like a dream even though it's held together with duct tape) or jay turser 335 copy through a whole lot of effects, the settings of which i will try to duplicate here...

boss dd5: mode 3, echo level and feedback around 1.00, delay time around 11.00 (closet to 11.30). vintage ehx big muff: volume full, tone around 10.00, sustain at 12.30. crowther p+c: level at 1.00, mix around 2.00, drive around 2.00 (but i move it depnding on the room we're playing), bass switch and low frequncy contour both turned on. ehx small clone: depth switch up, rate gets changed every time we practice. ehx stereo pulsar: saw wave, depth between 10 and 3.00, shape around 12.30, rate between 9 and 2.00. finally, a dd20 set to either analog or tape mode with the tap engaged although i do a lot of knob twiddling on that one, so it's good that it has memory banks for things i program into it...

and all that mess runs into my fender super six, vibrato channel, input 2. brigt switch on, channel volume at 6, treble at 6, mids at 2, bass at 3, reverb between 4 and 8 (i really like spring reverb) and the master whereever i need it to fill the room with kevin shields-like walls of delay and feedback.

seriously, though, with the fender at that 6 6 6(=2x3) setting, it's super clean, bright, responsive with plenty of low-end attack and uhh. yeah. total soundgasm.

sure does. we'll have new recordings from our EP posted very soon, so you can check how it sounds. might put up some live video after our show friday, too.
http://myspace.com/rewritedept
i gotta movie in my head! you wanna see it?

Winston

Post by Winston » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:06 pm

Nice gear you have there Joey.

Bluz57
Prince of Orange

Post by Bluz57 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:56 pm

I am happy that you found something that you like. I believe I could live with that combination.
Paint it blue 4 soul.

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:41 am

Very cool Joey! Lovely setup. How do you think that Trower OD would sound going into a less-than-clean amp like my Tweed?

rrrajo
Lord of Orange

Post by rrrajo » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:55 am

I agree on the Socks and the Trower!!!!!
Jimy...HM#5
--------------------

riffmonster
Orange Master

Post by riffmonster » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:22 am

nice one!

I've just got a Robin Trower OD too... must get around to reviewing it :D
Mark

Joey22

Post by Joey22 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:08 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by chinese fork tie</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Joey22</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by chinese fork tie</i>

sure does. we'll have new recordings from our EP posted very soon, so you can check how it sounds. might put up some live video after our show friday, too.

Alright, I'm looking forward to it:D

Joey22

Post by Joey22 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:09 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Winston</i>
<br />Nice gear you have there Joey.

Thanks;)

Joey22

Post by Joey22 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:09 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bluz57</i>
<br />I am happy that you found something that you like. I believe I could live with that combination.

Thanks Clay;)

It does sound nice. I'm planning on trying a Cream tone through it:D

Joey22

Post by Joey22 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:15 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Neiloler</i>
<br />Very cool Joey! Lovely setup. How do you think that Trower OD would sound going into a less-than-clean amp like my Tweed?

Thanks Neil;)

I'm not really sure, I think it would mostly depend on what you wanted to do. It could definitly push your amp harder, or be an all out distortion. It's a medium gain pedal, I think it sounds great for low gain also though. I wouldn't really classify it as a ts type pedal, it's got sort of a unique tone. I don't ever get the drive knob past about 11 oclock. Although I haven't really played very many OD's. I was either going to get the Trower or the Maxon OD-9...I liked the Trower a lot better. The Maxon was too gritty sounding for me. Sorry, I can't really help much.:oops:

Joey22

Post by Joey22 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:15 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rrrajo</i>
<br />I agree on the Socks and the Trower!!!!!

Haha, thanks Jimi;)