GUYS I NEED HELP....AGAIN

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Artistman

Post by Artistman » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:35 pm

Look..So I was changing the tubes in my RV 50 Combo and I lost 3 NAILS.... 3 NAILS..... AND THE BAD THING IS THOSE 3 NAILS HAPPEN TO SUPPORT THE CORE OF THE AMP. So I am screwed.

Where do I buy nails? sizes are all different so I don't know what to do...

neonrust
Duke of Orange

Post by neonrust » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:38 pm

Just <font size="4">hammer</font id="size4"> some new ones in!

Seriously though.......you meant screws right?
((((((((((((((((((((((((Andy))))))))))))))))))))

Bandeapart
Orange Master

Post by Bandeapart » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:41 pm

Yeah, screws?

Take some of those nails to the screw section of your local hardware store and find a screw that looks like the nail you brought in...

Only joking with you!
Orange AD30TC, Rickenbacker 360, 52RI Tele

Artistman

Post by Artistman » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:41 pm

Oh sorry the screws but Sizes are all different and I don't know where to buy the exact size

animapersa
Orange Master

Post by animapersa » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:43 pm

Take one of the remaining screws to your local hardware store, like ace hardware, lowes, or home depot. They guys will be able to match it. All you have to do is compare it to the ones at the store and choose the one that looks the closest, if not identical to it.
Pierce

Mesa Boogie F-50, Gibson Les Paul, 1993 Peavey Preditor w/ texas specials, 1993 cij fender telecaster aerodyne

effects- lexicon mx300, seymour duncan tweakfuzz

Bandeapart
Orange Master

Post by Bandeapart » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:44 pm

If you bring the screw into the hardware store, I'm sure one of the employees can help you find a match. You'll probably be able to find a match yourself just by comparing the lengths, widths, and threads... just pick some up that look like the one you brought in and set them side by side... best bet is to just ask an employee though.

BrianGT
Duke of Orange

Post by BrianGT » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:47 pm

Not being funny Artistman...........but I don't think you are cut out for that kind of job!! :D
BrianGT
http://www.myspace.com/gentlethunderband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nguideau
Orange Master

Post by nguideau » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:35 pm

Any hardware store worth a grain of salt will be able to get you what you need. Just take in an existing screw, explain the application you are using it for, and if they are a quality store, they'll set you up with what you need.

The might not know amps, but they will know screws (yes, yes, this sounds funny), wood (again, yes, this sounds funny), and metal.
- Nathan

Artistman

Post by Artistman » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:33 pm

thanks everyone for your opinion

I am on my way to Home Depot....

Like BrianGT said.... I don't think I will ever change the tubes in my amp again.....

Job is too hard for me.

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:47 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by neonrust</i>
<br />Just <font size="4">hammer</font id="size4"> some new ones in!

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
ROFLMFAO!! Not trying to poke fun at anyone, but I puctured somebody showing up to a tech with an amp all bashed in and nails sticking out everywhere saying "can you fix my amp?"

BrianGT
Duke of Orange

Post by BrianGT » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:13 pm

By the way Artistman.......we are not laughing AT you.......we are laughing WITH you! ;)

We have all been there at some point! :D

Also.....and I'm being serious here......if it's a combo......check that the screws aren't stuck to the speaker! That happens all the time and you think you have lost them! :D
BrianGT
http://www.myspace.com/gentlethunderband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bandeapart
Orange Master

Post by Bandeapart » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:29 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Artistman</i>
<br />thanks everyone for your opinion

I am on my way to Home Depot....

Like BrianGT said.... I don't think I will ever change the tubes in my amp again.....

Job is too hard for me.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I worked as for years in Home Depots as a vendor, not a Home Depot associate, good luck finding help there. Expect them to send you on a wild goose chase for some other employee that knows screws, and that employee happens to be at lunch, but, they'll be back in 45 mins.

Artistman

Post by Artistman » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:46 pm

THANKS EVERYONE

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:42 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BrianGT</i>
<br />By the way Artistman.......we are not laughing AT you.......we are laughing WITH you! ;)

We have all been there at some point! :D

Also.....and I'm being serious here......if it's a combo......<b>check that the screws aren't stuck to the speaker!</b> That happens all the time and you think you have lost them! :D
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Exactly my thoughts too. Bet you, oh a small rubber valve hammer that that is where they are. (Winner must be prepared to pick up said prize personally, glass fragments too after use. Warranty not included.)

aNDyH. :)
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!