Stereo pedal problem

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

timme_v
Orange Hero

Post by timme_v » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:16 am

So a mate of mine has a problem. He has a stereo amp, and 2 stereo pedals.. But they only have mono in and stereo out (dd-2 and dod chorus). How can he run them both in the same chain whilst having them both stereo?

ESBlonde
Orange Master

Post by ESBlonde » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:45 am

I think a small mixer with line level will be required.

Guitar in Ch 1, Aux send 1 to DD2 and return in Ch 2+3 (pan L+R). Aux Send 2 to Dod Chorus and return in Ch 4+5 (Pan L+R). Mix to taste and send stereo to your amps. Full control and full stereo. Gets more complex if you want to run one effect into the other but would you want to anyway?

HTH
Here we go; three, four...

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:15 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ESBlonde</i>
<br />I think a small mixer with line level will be required.

Guitar in Ch 1, Aux send 1 to DD2 and return in Ch 2+3 (pan L+R). Aux Send 2 to Dod Chorus and return in Ch 4+5 (Pan L+R). Mix to taste and send stereo to your amps. Full control and full stereo. Gets more complex if you want to run one effect into the other but would you want to anyway?

HTH
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">That is a good solution. And there are some great small mixers out there these days which are surprisingly affordable, eg the smallest Mackies.
http://www.mackie.com

Great little things - very useful!

aNDyH. :)
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!