Hi, and welcome to the Orange forum! You will find that there are a lot of friendly and happy Orange owners here, and we would love to answer your questions.
You should definitely read the FAQ on the Orange website if you have technical questions.
There is a huge amount of information on there and it answers many of the questions that people have.
SOME FORUM GUIDELINES:
• There is no buying, selling, trading, or discussion of pricing done through the forum.
There is no buying, selling, trading, or discussion of pricing done through the forum, EXCEPT for Orange's published list pricing. It is one of the rules of the forum and posts that violate it will get deleted. Your best bet always is to contact an Orange dealer near you or in the case of used gear, follow some auctions on ebay as that will give you an idea of the market value for used gear. This is a global community and the value of a used amp in the UK will be different than the USA, Australia, EU, etc.
This is a forum hosted by Orange and it is their wishes and beliefs that you will be served best by contacting a dealer. Posting prices here does not help anyone. Thank you for your cooperation.
• Politics and religion are topics that belong on other forums.
• Treat everyone on here with respect no matter how hard that may be.
• Flaming will not be tolerated.
Posting a picture:
If you would like to post a picture in a thread, you need to have the picture hosted on either your own website or on a picture hosting site. You click on the image button and enter the full URL of the picture's location.
Again- read the FAQ- if you want to know about impedance, here it is:
With modern Oranges- you can use:
• one 16 ohm cab using the 16 ohm jack
• two 16 ohm cabs using both 8 ohm jacks
• two 16 ohm cabs using one 8 ohm jack with the cabs daisy-chained off each other
• one 8 ohm cab using one of the 8 ohm jacks
• one 8 ohm bass cab using the 8 ohm jack
• two 8 ohm bass cabs using both 4 ohm jacks
• one 4 ohm bass cab using one of the 4 ohm jacks
There are two jacks on the back of cabinets. Unless you have a stereo cabinet, you use ONE cable to connect the cabinet to the amplifier. The second jack is to daisy-chain to a second cabinet, in which case you need to use a different impedance output from the amplifier.
You cannot connect two amplifiers to a non-stereo cabinet through the two jacks!
Orange has user manuals available on their website for download - chances are, your amp is there!
Schematics are available to qualified amplifier repair techs upon request to Orange, not through the forum.
Welcome again- we all look forward to your posts!
Orange Amps General Forum
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests