Guitar Hero

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

linoleum
Orange Hero

Post by linoleum » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:19 pm

Anyone Play?
Here is my best attempt at recreating me and my guitar...

YA I AM PRETTY MUCH WAY LAME RIGHT NOW!

Joshlespaul1952

Post by Joshlespaul1952 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:30 pm

Yes; I love it, haha...

Simon Wicks
Orange Master

Post by Simon Wicks » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:56 pm

I;ve played it during a drunken nights partying around a friends house. I was fun but it wasnt the real thing. I found it hard at first as i was trying to follow the drummer instead of following the on screen note thingies

nguideau
Orange Master

Post by nguideau » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:06 pm

I like playing drums in Rock Band. When I play the guitar I just get frustrated when it's like, "How on Earth is it that this song is easier to play on REAL guitar than it is on fake guitar?"
- Nathan

Wired
Orange Master

Post by Wired » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:10 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nguideau</i>
<br />I like playing drums in Rock Band. When I play the guitar I just get frustrated when it's like, "How on Earth is it that this song is easier to play on REAL guitar than it is on fake guitar?"
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

+1

drive me nuts too. My wife loves it though.
-LK
RV50, Vox AC30, Gibson LP Trad '14, Gibson ES-335 '04, PRS Cu24 '10, Fender Tele Pro, Gretsch Powerjet

Blainy
Orange Master

Post by Blainy » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:35 pm

Naaaa...I'll stick with Beach Sports on the Wii.

AJS19
Orange Expert

Post by AJS19 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:43 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nguideau</i>
<br />I like playing drums in Rock Band. When I play the guitar I just get frustrated when it's like, "How on Earth is it that this song is easier to play on REAL guitar than it is on fake guitar?"

I can't play good at all on Guitar Hero/Rockband games, but alas I can play the same songs (for the most part) on real guitar.
Please, call me Austin.
My Gear List

shindigmachine
Orange Master

Post by shindigmachine » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:19 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by AJS19</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nguideau</i>

I can't play good at all on Guitar Hero/Rockband games, but alas I can play the same songs (for the most part) on real guitar.

i suck so bad at guitar hero. the game has no rhythm, if you try to play in the pocket, you're screwed. i do better on the drums, but not by much.

these games were not made for musicians.
Hi. I'm Brad. i play a Gibson Melody Maker RI through a...

Orange RV100H &
Mesa Lone Star 410 w/2 Celestion G10s and 2 Weber Thames 10s

pedals; Barber Tone Press, Robert Keeley BD-2, EHX Micro POG, SIB Mr. Vibromatic, Line6 Echo Park, AKAI Headrush E2, and a custom loopmaster pedal. all on a furman SPB-8.

this band is done but a new one is in the works;
myspace.com/morninggrey734

linoleum
Orange Hero

Post by linoleum » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:02 am

And Mortal Kombat Wasn't Made For Practitioners Of The Martial Arts.
And Call Of Duty Wasn't Made For Combat Veterans.

Its A Game!

:)

blackcloud45
Orange Master

Post by blackcloud45 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:32 am

I just got it for my daughter tonight. We're still on 'easy', Black Magic Woman bassline @ the end is a b!tch... It was cool to hang out with her and I got the hang of it pretty quick, but man my eyes are strained!

http://hypersoulrocks.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.myspace.com/lovea45" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bandeapart
Orange Master

Post by Bandeapart » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:52 am

I can't stand the effing game or the craze surrounding it. I seriously don't find it remotely fun... .then again, I'm demented. I only enjoy video games where you blow the heads off of Nazis.
Orange AD30TC, Rickenbacker 360, 52RI Tele

MSP
Orange Master

Post by MSP » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:52 am

I played Rockband for the first time a few nights ago at a friend's house. I refused to try the guitar, but had a good time on the drums and singing (100% on expert mode singing Blondie tunes... cooool.) Then again, I was probably mostly in awe that I was sitting in a hydraulic leather chair and the screen was literally 13 feet. I'd have played anything.
http://www.myspace.com/sleuthband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bink
Orange Master

Post by Bink » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:28 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MSP</i>
<br />I played Rockband for the first time a few nights ago at a friend's house. I refused to try the guitar, but had a good time on the drums and singing <b>(100% on expert mode singing Blondie tunes... cooool.) </b>
Then again, I was probably mostly in awe that I was sitting in a hydraulic leather chair and the screen was literally 13 feet. I'd have played anything.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Never played rockband, but if it's anything like Singstar that's pretty damn impressive Esther!

As for guitar hero, we have it (along with Singstar) but they only come out for parties for a bit of a laugh.

The Wii is taking over in our house though as the party game of choice. 4 player Mariokart rules!
Chris
PRS CU22
Present: TT, PPC 112 (Heritage G12M)
Past: AD15
Image Image

MSP
Orange Master

Post by MSP » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:22 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bink</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MSP</i>
<br />I played Rockband for the first time a few nights ago at a friend's house. I refused to try the guitar, but had a good time on the drums and singing <b>(100% on expert mode singing Blondie tunes... cooool.) </b>
Then again, I was probably mostly in awe that I was sitting in a hydraulic leather chair and the screen was literally 13 feet. I'd have played anything.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Never played rockband, but if it's anything like Singstar that's pretty damn impressive Esther!

As for guitar hero, we have it (along with Singstar) but they only come out for parties for a bit of a laugh.

The Wii is taking over in our house though as the party game of choice. 4 player Mariokart rules!
Yeah it's a total party game. I couldn't imagine playing it alone. I'd rather go play a real instrument. I've never played Singstar so I have no idea how it stacks up.
http://www.myspace.com/sleuthband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

polishdog90
Rocker

Post by polishdog90 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:30 am

I used to be really into guitar hero/rock band before I played real guitar a lot. I don't play much anymore, but I'm still much better than anyone should be at the game.