Problems with my new Deluxe Memory Man

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Armchair Bronco
Orange Hero

Post by Armchair Bronco » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:12 pm

For Christmas, I bought a minty EHX Deluxe Memory Man off eBay. This pedal originally came from AnalogMan (probably early- or mid-2008) and it has the AnalogMan impedance and gain mods.

The problem I'm having is that the pedal snaps, crackles, and pops constantly. The loud crackles happen whether the pedal is on or off, plugged in or unplugged, and regardless of whether there's an input signal from a guitar. They start to die down a little once the unit has warmed up for about 15 minutes, but they never go away completely. The pops and crackle have basically made this pedal unusable.

What could be causing this, and whom should I contact? The unit has the original warranty cards, but I'm not the original owner. I don't mind sending the pedal back to AnalogMan and paying reasonable costs for repairs, but I wonder if I'd have better luck going with EHX directly.

I'm planning to fire off some e-mails to EHX and AnalogMan this weekend, but thought that I'd start a thread here first for any advice.