Funky Girl

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Jabberwocky
Orange Expert

Post by Jabberwocky » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:42 pm

Was just messing around on U tube and came across this......awesome I thought...
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9cqW-WU5U ... re=related
Fender USA Standard Stratocaster
Gordon Smith Galaxy
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Faith Jupiter Jumbo Acoustic
Orange Rocker 30 HD
Orange Micro Terror
Orange PPC 212 OB
Lead
Plectrum
Attitude
Sorted!

kittenface
Orange Master

Post by kittenface » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:48 pm

really good

BrianGT
Duke of Orange

Post by BrianGT » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:11 pm

Wow! She's a real hot player! She has a great feel!:D
BrianGT
http://www.myspace.com/gentlethunderband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Camf
Rocker

Post by Camf » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:36 pm

Yeah... she's got about half of it worked out. Here's the other half... http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5uXu067MTqI
;>) Have a fab festive

Camf
Rocker

Post by Camf » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:42 pm

And once she's got that... she could try an little of this: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=16u0wwCfo ... re=related

Only the coolest and best band I ever saw... all four times!

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:33 pm

That's way cool, I'd love to play that well. Very jazz and blues driven (to my ear at least, haha! ;))

Anyone else think that fretboard looks really wide?

Norrin Radd
Duke of Orange

Post by Norrin Radd » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:47 pm

That was damn impressive - wish I could play that smoothly - notice how relaxed her right hand was the whole time? Very impressive.
Greg

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:58 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Norrin Radd</i>
<br />That was damn impressive - wish I could play that smoothly - notice how relaxed her right hand was the whole time? Very impressive.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Both her hands seem very relaxed, like she's simply waiting for each finger's que to play instead of tensely fingering each note. Cool stuff. That is one of the things that I enjoy about some of the Jazz players I've seen lately, very calm and collected when playing notes.

xTRUTHOFMYYOUTHx
Orange Master

Post by xTRUTHOFMYYOUTHx » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:04 pm

i dont think the guitar track was actually recorded with the video... i think she played it and they dubbed it over. thats what it looks like to me. but she does have some crazy skill with a fretboard, daaang.
-tim
fender double fat strat through:
TT-->BYOc tri-boost-->avatar 1x12 w/ greenback.
fender deluxe 'verb.

Camf
Rocker

Post by Camf » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:30 pm

But it's got no feeling! I'm I the only one unimpressed with this sort of bland muso thing? Where's the excitement? Where's the risk? It's just notes with no point, no feeling, no emotional connection... go into any guitar store in the world and you'll hear dozens of guys and girls doing that sort of thing. Sure, she can play some notes but then what? Why's it up on youtube? Seems pointles.

MaxProphet
Orange Master

Post by MaxProphet » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:56 pm

sounds like background music for the weather network.

i waiting for the voice to come on "Your local forecast in 5 minutes".

Camf
Rocker

Post by Camf » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:01 pm

Tell it how it is MaxProphet! ;>)

Norrin Radd
Duke of Orange

Post by Norrin Radd » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:13 pm

I think at some point you have acquire some techical skills so you can be adept at playing. My own tecnical skills are meager and at times it is a limitataion on my ability to express what I want to - play with feeling. That girl is how old? She's got a whole life ahead of her to individualize her own style/feel, if she wants to.

Personally, I didn't really find that performance devoid of "feeling" as others did. If you don't like the song to begin with, you're probably not going to enjoy <i>anyone's</i> performance of it. I wish I had her chops, that's all I'm sure of.
Greg

BrianGT
Duke of Orange

Post by BrianGT » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:17 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> think at some point you have acquire some techical skills so you can be adept at playing. My own tecnical skills are meager and at times it is a limitataion on my ability to express what I want to - play with feeling. That girl is how old? She's got a whole life ahead of her to individualize her own style/feel, if she wants to.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

+1
BrianGT
http://www.myspace.com/gentlethunderband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Camf
Rocker

Post by Camf » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:14 pm

Is it not the other way round? The desire to express, followed by the means to do it? I can't think of a single real musician I know who she reminds me of... all the great ones are/were car-crash human beings who could also play (to greater or less extents). The technically proficient are legion (spend a day in any guitar shop and you'll see dozens) but genuine talent is incredibly rare... and I think that the talent comes from the heart. She's playing very proficiently... but there isn't the slightest indication that girl could ever be a Peter Green, Jack White, Hendrix, Clapton, Gilmour, Beck (either one!), Mascis, Thurston Moore, Angus Young, Strummer or a thousand others... it's School of Rock, X Factor, talent show stuff. It's not the chops or technique... it's not even the fingers, it's ALWAYS the heart. Isn't it?