Praise for a $40 item.

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Bandeapart
Orange Master

Post by Bandeapart » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:17 am

I've already given praise to my VOX AC30 AmPlug, but I wanna reiterate my love for this little thing:

I'm going to be auditioning for lead guitar in a band and so therefore I have to learn their songs, which means deciphering, listening hard, playing along over and over. The fact that you can plug in music to play along to it is awesome. In this case, I'm plugging the sound in from my computer while on their myspace page, using the headphone out, and plugging right into the VOX AmPlug and playing along with a 1/4" to 1/4" cord. This has made it so easy for me to figure out all the leads and everything.

So yeah, this band is cool, they sound like a mix between the Jam and the Clash, and though we're in LA, the singer grew up in London so there's the benefit of a British accent with them.

Anyways, go buy it now!
Orange AD30TC, Rickenbacker 360, 52RI Tele

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:46 am

Yep, they are well worth it. I got one of the AC30 ones too, as a subscription gift for a Dutch guitar mag in fact. I agree it is really worth the money though. My only gripe is that the battery cover is a bit loose on mine. But in terms of getting a great idea of the AC30 amp sound and feel, as well as the auxiliary input 'play along' feature, this is a <u>very</u> cool little gizmo. Bet it sounds great with your Ricky Phil!

Good luck with the band audition.

NDH. (TT) :)
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

Bandeapart
Orange Master

Post by Bandeapart » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:28 am

Yeah, it does sound great with both my ric and my tele.

irish_admiral
Prince of Orange

Post by irish_admiral » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:46 am

Are there any controls on it? I've been toying with getting one... give me a run down...
Joe

G(sus) saves

Orange AD15, Matamp 1224, Fender 'JD' Tele, G&L ASAT, Duesenberg Starplayer TV, Eggle Kanuga, Avalon D25, Warwick FNA Jazzman, Eden Nemesis / Bergantino EX112S, Eastman MD305 & other stuff...

timme_v
Orange Hero

Post by timme_v » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:10 pm

Santa knows I want this under my christmas tree. Lets hope he provides

Bandeapart
Orange Master

Post by Bandeapart » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:30 pm

These are the features:

1. Volume Dial
2. Tone Dial
3. Gain Dial
4. Headphone out
5. Aux in

Jabberwocky
Orange Expert

Post by Jabberwocky » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:48 pm

Dont suppose you know whether this puppy will plug straight into a Strat do you? I am thinking recessed jack socket here and wondering whether it would fit ?
I know using an extender would work but I like the idea of the box hanging off the guitar, not hanging off a cable and needing taped to the guitar or stuffed in a pocket.....
Fender USA Standard Stratocaster
Gordon Smith Galaxy
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Faith Jupiter Jumbo Acoustic
Orange Rocker 30 HD
Orange Micro Terror
Orange PPC 212 OB
Lead
Plectrum
Attitude
Sorted!

Bandeapart
Orange Master

Post by Bandeapart » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:05 pm

Yeah, it'll fit in a strat. The plug section sticks out a little to fit into spaces like that, hard to explain, but yeah, it'll work. I think they definitely considered strats when designing this thing.

blackcloud45
Orange Master

Post by blackcloud45 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:27 pm

I want one of these little buggers! Phil, I have the Tascam MP3 guitar trainer and let me tell you it is a very cool tool for practicing / learning songs. The guitar sound isn't great, but it's useable. There's also a weird warble @ -50%, but again, it's useable. It's worth it to me just for being able to change a song's pitch instead of retuning my guitar down 2 steps. Just food for thought...

http://hypersoulrocks.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.myspace.com/lovea45" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nate33
Rocker

Post by nate33 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:47 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jabberwocky</i>
<br />Dont suppose you know whether this puppy will plug straight into a Strat do you? I am thinking recessed jack socket here and wondering whether it would fit ?
I know using an extender would work but I like the idea of the box hanging off the guitar, not hanging off a cable and needing taped to the guitar or stuffed in a pocket.....
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

i use it with my strat, tele and sg.
i have the classic rock version ... want the ac30 now.
love it for late night playing.

irish_admiral
Prince of Orange

Post by irish_admiral » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:49 am

Does anyone know what the different versions are like? I see that Vox have released a "Lead" and "Bass" version too...

Any experience with those?
Joe

G(sus) saves

Orange AD15, Matamp 1224, Fender 'JD' Tele, G&L ASAT, Duesenberg Starplayer TV, Eggle Kanuga, Avalon D25, Warwick FNA Jazzman, Eden Nemesis / Bergantino EX112S, Eastman MD305 & other stuff...