Cant use pedal up front ?????

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

mattseed

Post by mattseed » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:54 am

Hi Guys. I am new to Orange amps just bought my first one a Thunderverb50 head and 2x12 in black, blinkin great amp !!!!! My question is that i have a Zendrive 2 pedal to use up front for a slither of extra boost gain for solos etc and for some reason i cant seem to use it at all.....even on hardly doing anything setting it squeels like mad with what sounds like constant feedback !!!! Now the Zendrive is brand spanking new after a year being on the waiting list so i havn't used it with anything else before the Orange arrived ! Any ideas folks ?

Thanks Matt

rrrajo
Lord of Orange

Post by rrrajo » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:13 am

Welcome Mattseed!

I believe the Zen2 is a Distortion/Overdrive pedal. What does this mean? It's tube gain will not mix with the tube gain of some amps. Orange Amps do have a unique Overdrive not found in others. I believe you will have to set that Zen backwards.
I would put the Gain all the way down , if not at one. Then, Bring the Level of it up to match the Bypassed level or a bit more.
Start with any Tone or Treble at 11:00 to control the Seagulls!

I had similar problems with a Tube Driver with Fully Overdriven amps. It took some playing with , but I got them going.

Either that, or you may just have to get a simple diode overdrive.
Jimy...HM#5
--------------------

irish_admiral
Prince of Orange

Post by irish_admiral » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:34 am

Does the problem occur with other amps?
Joe

G(sus) saves

Orange AD15, Matamp 1224, Fender 'JD' Tele, G&L ASAT, Duesenberg Starplayer TV, Eggle Kanuga, Avalon D25, Warwick FNA Jazzman, Eden Nemesis / Bergantino EX112S, Eastman MD305 & other stuff...

mattseed

Post by mattseed » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:12 pm

Hi Guys. The pedal is brand new i bought it ages ago and waited so long that when it arrived my old Cornford MK50 had gone so i don't know if it does it with other amps i'm afraid. Does anyone use an OCD with there Orange head and does that get good results ???

irish_admiral
Prince of Orange

Post by irish_admiral » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:14 pm

I've tried that with an AD30 and it got good results for mid to slightly-higher gain crunch. It didn't sound very natural, so I sold mine on. Perfectly giggable if you like the sound though.

Try the effect with another amp. You shouldn't be getting lots of screech unless everything's maxed out.
Joe

G(sus) saves

Orange AD15, Matamp 1224, Fender 'JD' Tele, G&L ASAT, Duesenberg Starplayer TV, Eggle Kanuga, Avalon D25, Warwick FNA Jazzman, Eden Nemesis / Bergantino EX112S, Eastman MD305 & other stuff...