what the hell is celestion's problem?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

shindigmachine
Orange Master

Post by shindigmachine » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:02 am

i've been trying to order Green Label bass speakers for my SUNN 215BH for months now, and nobody has them! i keep hearing "later next month, we're waiting on celestion". or the site says "coming soon!" these speakers have been being marketed for almost a year now, why is it so hard to get ahold of them? does anyone have any knowledge of what their friggin deal is? similar problems? i want to shake the earth again, and something like an explanation.
Hi. I'm Brad. i play a Gibson Melody Maker RI through a...

Orange RV100H &
Mesa Lone Star 410 w/2 Celestion G10s and 2 Weber Thames 10s

pedals; Barber Tone Press, Robert Keeley BD-2, EHX Micro POG, SIB Mr. Vibromatic, Line6 Echo Park, AKAI Headrush E2, and a custom loopmaster pedal. all on a furman SPB-8.

this band is done but a new one is in the works;
myspace.com/morninggrey734

Sooner
Orange Master

Post by Sooner » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:17 am

Well at least they spelled "coming soon" correctly... :mrgreen:
Sooner
AD1512 Serial No. 001

Borderline Productions
Orange Master

Post by Borderline Productions » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:18 am

You might want to see if Ted Weber makes a better version of the same speaker.
Bob

http://www.purevolume.com/oxymora" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

shindigmachine
Orange Master

Post by shindigmachine » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:05 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Borderline Productions</i>
<br />You might want to see if Ted Weber makes a better version of the same speaker.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

i've checked, and he does not make a 400 watt vintage voiced 15" bass speaker.

Orange RV100H &

pedals; Barber Tone Press, Robert Keeley BD-2, EHX Micro POG, SIB Mr. Vibromatic, Line6 Echo Park, AKAI Headrush E2, and a custom loopmaster pedal. all on a furman SPB-8.

the_blue_bomber
Orange Master

Post by the_blue_bomber » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:46 am

I'm still waiting for a reply to the e-mail I sent Celestion more than a year ago.
I used to have more Orange stuff. Now I just have a PPC412 (black), and a Micro Crush.

shindigmachine
Orange Master

Post by shindigmachine » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:43 pm

so i finally got sick of this crap about 3 weeks ago, so i decided to save myself a few bucks and a great deal of time, and ordered a couple Eminence Legend speakers from Musiciansfriend.

i wired the cab so each speaker had its own jack, and as i'm testing them out, i couldn't help but notice that the top speaker is much quieter than the bottom. so i take it back out and check my work. my solders were solid, the wire was brand new, so i was a bit stumped.

i asked a friend to come have a look at it and he discovered the speaker was sezied. that's right, SEIZED. what the hell? i had no idea that could even happen to a speaker! so now i'm stuck with using one speaker until the broken one is processed. it still sounds lovely, but it just seems like some kind of cruel joke, cuz for months i had been using a 15" from an old crate combo in the cab. i guess im doomed to only have one speaker in this poor old cab.

Orange RV100H &

Ohara
Orange Master

Post by Ohara » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:38 pm

Sorry for saying this, but it would appear at least in the field of speakers, if it weren't for bad luck you wouldn't have any luck at all. On the positive side how is the eminence speaker that does work? I am considering building a 2x12 cab myself and a local (one and a half hours away) shop sells the eminence speakers and am curious on the sound. Granted they will not be the same but you know what I mean.
Just call me Ken

proud member #81 of the Tiny Terror Club
proud owner of Rocker 30 combo in white

MSP
Orange Master

Post by MSP » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:07 pm

How does a speaker seize?
http://www.myspace.com/sleuthband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the_blue_bomber
Orange Master

Post by the_blue_bomber » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:12 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by the_blue_bomber</i>
<br />I'm still waiting for a reply to the e-mail I sent Celestion more than a year ago.
still waiting... :evil:
I used to have more Orange stuff. Now I just have a PPC412 (black), and a Micro Crush.

CD9266
Orange Master

Post by CD9266 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:16 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by shindigmachine</i>
<br />so i finally got sick of this crap about 3 weeks ago, so i decided to save myself a few bucks and a great deal of time, and ordered a couple Eminence Legend speakers from Musiciansfriend.

i wired the cab so each speaker had its own jack, and as i'm testing them out, i couldn't help but notice that the top speaker is much quieter than the bottom. so i take it back out and check my work. my solders were solid, the wire was brand new, so i was a bit stumped.

i asked a friend to come have a look at it and he discovered the speaker was sezied. that's right, SEIZED. what the hell? i had no idea that could even happen to a speaker! so now i'm stuck with using one speaker until the broken one is processed. it still sounds lovely, but it just seems like some kind of cruel joke, cuz for months i had been using a 15" from an old crate combo in the cab. i guess im doomed to only have one speaker in this poor old cab.
Do you have both polarities set the same? I had the same problem when I first installed my Celestion Vintage 30s in my Crate Cab. One side sounded louder than the other. Get a volt meter and check to make sure they are both set for positive or negative (whichever your choice is).
http://www.reverbnation.com/coreydiller" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sunset Justice - Now on iTunes!