The Big 3

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

bythepowerofgrayskull

Post by bythepowerofgrayskull » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:18 pm

Yeah, I meant more of just the STYLE of bands like MTB, I have no great desire to play just like them. As far as my old AD15 it may have been the EQing, i tended to run the mids a bit high. That and I use relativly bright pickups. My baby is my honey blonde American Deluxe V-Neck Stratocaster which currently has a JB Jr. in the bridge until I decide to drop in a full 'bucker. I'm transitioning into a more P-90 oriented range though.
<br/>
Why between those three? I'm looking for a professional British (or Briitsh-type) amplifier, and I have come up with those three in specific. And as far as budget, I'd most likely be trying to get any one of those used. I must say though, I'm leaning strongly toward the Orange. I miss that sherbert tolex ;)

kittenface
Orange Master

Post by kittenface » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:18 pm

any of those amps will work great with the type of sound you're looking for, IMHO

I've done it with Marshall, Mesa, Fender and Soldano

I prefer the simplicity of my AD30H

ESBlonde
Orange Master

Post by ESBlonde » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:59 pm

Or a blackstar* !

Half Marshall, but with all the quality you need.
Here we go; three, four...

alexauxier
Forum Admin

Post by alexauxier » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:16 pm

Poppy punk bands that lean towards alternative flavors almost ALWAYS choose Rocker 30s out of all the amps we offer. Beyond that, they choose AD30s.
--
Alex Auxier
Orange Amps
Artist Relations Manager

Bandeapart
Orange Master

Post by Bandeapart » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:23 pm

I was in a full on street punk band with hi-gain tones and I had the Rocker 30... the tones were great, cut-through like a hot knife in butter and the sound guy always loved me.
Orange AD30TC, Rickenbacker 360, 52RI Tele

Blainy
Orange Master

Post by Blainy » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:30 am

YOu can't go wrong with the Rocker. More portable than the Vintage Modern, though I'm sure the sound will get close. I'm not convinced by the sound of higher gain on Mesa, but maybe that's just me.