TT and Blackheart cab

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

flea
Orange Master

Post by flea » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:34 am

<font size="4">Avatar</font id="size4"> <font size="3">Avatar</font id="size3"> <font size="2">Avatar</font id="size2"> <font size="1">Avatar</font id="size1">

defrag
Orange Expert

Post by defrag » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:59 am

My TT sounds GREAT through my Blackheart Little Giant combo speaker!
Excellent value.
Mesa Roadster, Egnater Rebel, Orange Terror, Blackheart Giant • Ric 360MG, Schecter C1, Martin OMC15, Moog Phatty/6 Foogers, Korg microXL/Electribe MX • Alesis, Boss, Mackie, Peterson, Radial ( o )==#
http://gamefreaks.net/defrag/personal/music.html ♪♫

rrrajo
Lord of Orange

Post by rrrajo » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:37 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ohara</i>
<br />I would have to agree with Teddy (Le Chat Noir). Do yourself a favour and try as many cabs as you can. Just because someone else raves about the tone they get doesn't mean you are going to like it. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Very true. Raves are nothing more than marketing lists with the complaints left out!
Jimy...HM#5
--------------------

Ohara
Orange Master

Post by Ohara » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:24 am

There is also one thing I thought of, (picture guy slapping himself on forehead). Are you any good with building things out of wood. I am pretty sure you can get dimensions for most cabs of the net (google). If you have a good idea of what speaker you want you can just order it through your local dealer, or off of ebay and install it yourself. I know you can buy tolex (kind of expensive depending on which color and all that). But in the end you can custom build your own cab, in the color of your choosing and make it so that you can change it from closed back or open back, just install some lag bolts through the back with wingnuts (for example) and it gives you exactly what you want, for a relatively cheap price and you get a custom built cab. Sounds like I've done this before doesn't it? :P Just something for you to think about, cause if you know the exact cab you want, I am certain that someone on this forum has one and give you the measurements you need to build it yourself. Food for thought anyways, and when done correctly they can look pretty cool.
Just call me Ken

proud member #81 of the Tiny Terror Club
proud owner of Rocker 30 combo in white

eurotrashed
Tiny Terror

Post by eurotrashed » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:40 pm

i have the skills to build my own cab, but I don't have the tools

eurotrashed
Tiny Terror

Post by eurotrashed » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:41 pm

I found a Marshall 1965A 4x10 cab for $225, I just might do it...