Amp covers...?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

waxdart

Post by waxdart » Thu Mar 06, 2003 9:33 pm

First off, I'm new here, so greetings to everyone.

I just got off the solid-state train and picked up my AD30R two weeks ago. I really dig it so far.

I'm actively gigging, so the thing is carted around pretty frequently. I'm really interested in protecting it from tolex dings, etc. The problem is I can't find an aftermarket cover that accommodates the side-handles (as opposed to the more standard top grips). I noticed on the merch site here, there's mention of AD series covers 'coming soon'.

Anyone have a sense as to when that might be? From a practical perspective, something is better than nothing, but it would sure be cool to have a cover with the distinctive Orange logo.

DarinThompson

Post by DarinThompson » Mon Mar 10, 2003 12:06 am

Try making a cover for your head it'll work fine until Orange comes out with a cover for your exact head

daniel shin

Post by daniel shin » Sat Mar 15, 2003 8:07 pm

hey, i bought an ad30TC back in sept and i had the same issue with protecting the tolex while sliding the amp in and out of my trunk.
there are a few online shops that'll make custom covers for you, and some have covers precut for oranges.
i got mine from LeCovers. they make them with or without the padding, i got mine without the padding, and it does a super job.

check it out http://www.lecover.com/ (i think they had the best prices too)

waxdart

Post by waxdart » Tue Mar 18, 2003 5:39 pm

Excellent. Thanks, Daniel. I'll probably get something from them soon.

Davis
Tiny Terror

Post by Davis » Tue Mar 18, 2003 11:27 pm

Whoa!! Hold on.....Orange has a new cover for their amps.....I live in Oregon and my dealer in Portland just sent me a catalog with many Orange accessories including cover, footswitch, etc. Why buy a "copy" cover when you can buy an official Orange cover complete with logo? :)

waxdart

Post by waxdart » Mon Mar 24, 2003 2:57 pm

Well, now you're talking.

Only thing is I can't find mention of the covers anywhere. I'll have to check with the shop I bought the amp from. Would definitely prefer to have something with the logo on it...

Pete

Post by Pete » Tue Apr 01, 2003 10:11 pm

Hey Davis, can you share the love on those covers? How do I get one? What dealer has them? I've got an AD30R...hook me up!

Pete

Mantisface

Post by Mantisface » Fri Apr 04, 2003 4:15 am

I NEED one of those covers. We are starting to play out again and I do not want anyting to happen to my new 4x12. What is the name of your dealer in Portland? Ant help would be ultra boss.