Any fans of The Bled in here?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

tbonesteak
Tiny Terror

Post by tbonesteak » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:53 am

never cared for the Bled, discovered them when they opened up for another band and I wanted to die the whole time. loved the first Underoath album, then they kinda fell off the face of the earth for me.
PRS McCarty / Les Paul Studio > Fender Blender > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy > Vox AC30CCH > Avatar 212

Van Cleef
Orange Master

Post by Van Cleef » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:20 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
Bauhaus anyone?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

yes but i draw the line at Love and Rockets

laaaawl

and yeah - interpol i had high hopes for them when i heard their first album - now i can't really get into them but i do respect them for making three albums from one song :)

still they've got a way to go before they reach foo fighters level - they've made like 10 albums from one song!
LIKE SPACE ROCK? = VAN CLEEF @ BANDCAMP http://vancleef.bandcamp.com/

Bandeapart
Orange Master

Post by Bandeapart » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:36 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
i do respect them for making three albums from one song :)

still they've got a way to go before they reach foo fighters level - they've made like 10 albums from one song!

Hahaha! Cheers for that!

That's what I say about Coldplay constantly... like Christ! Are they just putting out the same song over and over? The general public is still buying it I guess...
Orange AD30TC, Rickenbacker 360, 52RI Tele

MSP
Orange Master

Post by MSP » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:46 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bandeapart</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
i do respect them for making three albums from one song :)

Hahaha! Cheers for that!

That's what I say about Coldplay constantly... like Christ! Are they just putting out the same song over and over? The general public is still buying it I guess...

Hahaha! That's awesome. And I thought I was the only one who was hearing that.:D
http://www.myspace.com/sleuthband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Van Cleef
Orange Master

Post by Van Cleef » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:53 am

i heard a coldplay song from their new album yesterday... i know that chris martin has been a long time fanboy of ian mcculloch but they are really starting to sound like a diluted, soul-less, easy listening version of Echo & The Bunnymen - who I absolutely adore by the way...

the bunnymen have a new album coming out next month... i still think they're doing great stuff (unlike the cure) but i just know that there'll be people saying 'bunnymen are trying to sound like coldplay'

even the fact that chris martin is on one of the bunnys new songs scares the poop out of me !!

OH THE HUMANITY

in their wildest dreams they will never even get in the ballpark of the bunnys grrrr

MSP
Orange Master

Post by MSP » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:21 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Van Cleef</i>
<br />i heard a coldplay song from their new album yesterday... i know that chris martin has been a long time fanboy of ian mcculloch but they are really starting to sound like a diluted, soul-less, easy listening version of Echo & The Bunnymen - who I absolutely adore by the way...

the bunnymen have a new album coming out next month... i still think they're doing great stuff (unlike the cure) but i just know that there'll be people saying 'bunnymen are trying to sound like coldplay'

even the fact that chris martin is on one of the bunnys new songs scares the poop out of me !!

OH THE HUMANITY

in their wildest dreams they will never even get in the ballpark of the bunnys grrrr

That's a scary proposition.
I'm a Manic Street Preachers fan but I hardly try to rip them off ha. Coldplay need to stick with their own sound.
http://www.myspace.com/sleuthband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Van Cleef
Orange Master

Post by Van Cleef » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:03 am

Coldplay need to stick with their own sound.

agreed - but then - if my 'sound' was like a wincing castrati on prozac i'd probably find myself looking at other otpions too ;)

Sethery
Orange Hero

Post by Sethery » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:26 am

so yeah. the bled.
Love, Seth.
Orange PPC-212
Mesa Boogie Tremoverb dual rectifier
Rockerverb50H
PRS Custom 22 ten-top
Ibanez "law suit" Les Paul
Ibanez Jet King
Lots of Pedals (Gonkulator Ring Modulator is my favorite)
http://www.myspace.com/sethsoloproject
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27795172@N05/

Van Cleef
Orange Master

Post by Van Cleef » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:40 am

the bled? never heard of 'em

Heartsndspades
Orange Master

Post by Heartsndspades » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:48 am

the bled's pass the flask was/is one of my favorite metal/w/e albums.. their second cd lost me though it sucked real bad minus a song or 2... and yea his voice can be real bad sometimes live (and on the 2nd cd).

underoath. im the complete opposite of you guys, i feel that old underoath is terrribbllee and dallas's voice unbearable.. i mean its cool cause its so raw and bright sounding but common, and yes thats the first i heard of them..imho define the great line was perfection, except for a song or 2 that should have been left on the prior cd, and if a bit too overproduced..

the new cd shines at points but i feel the songs as a whole arent very organized and lack the wow factor. ..chasing safety was goood- kinda like a tbs "tell all your friends" type impact of a cd.. it set wheels in motion but it wasn't anything mind blowing.

oh and im really not into this metalcore movement, got over the bs associated w it.. i pick and choose a couple out now maybe that speak to me.
Bass: orange-ad200b, obc4x10, obc1x15/ ampeg b-15/ fender Jazz/ 74' gibson grabber/ peterson stobeostomp/ ehx deluxe memory man/ malekko b:assmaster/ voodoo labs pedal power 2+/ monster bass cables
Guitar: Fender 69' Tele Thinline/ Ampeg B-15
*korey*

linoleum
Orange Hero

Post by linoleum » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:56 am

More than genre, I just like bands with talent.
Bands like
Protest the Hero
Beneathe the Massacre
Mars Volta
All bands from different genres that I wouldnt be that into if it werent for the fact that there was so much talent in the band..
And say.. beneathe the massacre, I dont listen to them often, but everytime i do, I am just kinda floored...

jord123
Orange Hero

Post by jord123 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:29 pm

ahhh, so much attention... all opinions respected, smashmouth and all that... sucks. yeah incubus had some cool jazzy chord progressions that were lacking in the above ground industry at the time, but threw away their artistic integrity by whining about chicks.. new subject go see the band "Panther atttack!"or buy their music. this will change all your opinions on post rock math whatever.
Rain..Ammunition