Update Page 2: Fender Bassman '59 Ltd (Pictures!)

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

MSP
Orange Master

Post by MSP » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:11 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by awilliamson</i>
<br />Hi MSP,

I am in a similar situation. I have a Tiny Terror Combo, which I like, but I miss that Fender clean. A guy is offering to trade me straight across the TT combo for the 59 BM LTD.

Are you still happy with the deal? Do you miss the TT?
I am also concerned that the Fender will be too loud for home use?

Andrew

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Hi Andrew,
I don't know what the going price of the TT combo is, but I know that for instance on the Vancouver craigslist (I noticed you're from Canada, I don't know which part) the Bassman is actually going for bargain prices like $750, these are like $1400-ish new. This is an American made amp that sounds amazing clean and takes to pedals like nothing else. It is quite loud, so you should keep that in mind, but clean is going to sound clean on low and high volume (for the most part). So it's really up to you to figure out if it's what you want. By the way, it'd be possible to lower the wattage and swap to EL84s with yellowjackets if volume is a concern. I haven't tried this because I'm happy with how it sounds now. You are going to need a pedal for your overdrive/distortion needs, which is something you probably don't need for the TT. I still haven't bought one because I'm poor, heh.
http://www.myspace.com/sleuthband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

awilliamson

Post by awilliamson » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:05 pm

Thanks for the feedback.

I think that i am a Fender Guy at heart, I just cant get a nice blues clean from the TT that is working for me (At lower volumes) If i get to open the TT up to full volume, and gain at 11 oclock, that works nice, but not for the wife.

MSP
Orange Master

Post by MSP » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:12 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by awilliamson</i>
<br />Thanks for the feedback.

I think that i am a Fender Guy at heart, I just cant get a nice blues clean from the TT that is working for me (At lower volumes) If i get to open the TT up to full volume, and gain at 11 oclock, that works nice, but not for the wife.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Sounds like you need a Fender with something like an English Muff'n in front to get your rock tones. By the way, have you listed your TT on craigslist? Because I think I saw it.
http://www.myspace.com/sleuthband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;