I just might be Orange again.......

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

BrianGT
Duke of Orange

Post by BrianGT » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:47 pm

Jeff...thanks. I'm already playing it at 8 on the master!
I'll work on it!

Mark! I haven't got the best out of it yet but I'm getting to know it.....and I have already made steps towards the OR50.

Matamp...Arizona? Ermmm......I have a free 1224 GT coming my way.....maybe a bit of major sucking up is required! :D:D:D
BrianGT
http://www.myspace.com/gentlethunderband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

blackcloud45
Orange Master

Post by blackcloud45 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:52 pm

Send Mark the Matamp (of course then he'll need room, which is where I come in via him sending me the OR50!).

http://hypersoulrocks.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.myspace.com/lovea45" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

notagain

Post by notagain » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:57 pm

I suck up to you all the time already!
lol!

[:0][:p]:D[:p][:0]

BrianGT
Duke of Orange

Post by BrianGT » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:58 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Send Mark the Matamp (of course then he'll need room, which is where I come in via him sending me the OR50!).<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

He aint going to part with that! That's why I'm making in roads towards one! :D
BrianGT
http://www.myspace.com/gentlethunderband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BrianGT
Duke of Orange

Post by BrianGT » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:01 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> suck up to you all the time already!
lol!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

LOL! :D I think you deserve it then! :D
BrianGT

notagain

Post by notagain » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:02 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BrianGT</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Send Mark the Matamp (of course then he'll need room, which is where I come in via him sending me the OR50!).<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

He aint going to part with that! That's why I'm making in roads towards one! :D

You are correct, I am not parting with the OR50.
Nor my Fenders. Few guitars I still cannot decide
on if I should keep or not...

Hope everyone has a great weekend and gets in a
gig or two!
:):):)

notagain

Post by notagain » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:04 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BrianGT</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> suck up to you all the time already!
lol!

LOL! :D I think you deserve it then! :D

I would not be worthy of it...:twisted:;):twisted:

BrianGT
Duke of Orange

Post by BrianGT » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:09 am

We'll see how it turns out.....I hope they get it right! :)
BrianGT

Satanic_Versus
Orange Master

Post by Satanic_Versus » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:57 am

<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">If it behaves like a good boy tonight it just might be mine!

She's screaming like a banshee! :D

I'll say this......it's bloody loud! My ears are ringing![:0]

yeah i found it to very "ear piercing" loud. the problem was that my style of music requires loudness, but this amp just induced pain over pleasure, even my drummer was complaining. if i did not play so loud i think this amp would have been great for me.

im happy to hear the clean channel is working out for you, i found it to be lacking soul.

id love to try out an RV100, but i have my mind set on an OR50 right now, i just need to find a way to come up with the cash :?

Jon

BrianGT
Duke of Orange

Post by BrianGT » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:07 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">im happy to hear the clean channel is working out for you, i found it to be lacking soul.

It's funny isn't it....I really thought I would struggle with it after reading a lot about it on here but it works out fine for me.
The treble and bass are very interactive....moving one a touch can really alter the mids.....and hence the clarity.
I also use a delay on the cleans to sweeten it up.

Today is the tester! When I go back in the studio later today I hope to be grinning when I fire it up!
If the same settings I left it at still sound good today then a space will be made for her between my Matamps....stops them squabbling!:D

I have to re-state that I am running it through two Matamp cabs along with the two speakers in the amp.
The Century Vintages added a sparkle I didn't expect to hear.
If she stays the V30's are going to come out....;)
BrianGT

Taronja
Orange Master

Post by Taronja » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:22 am

<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">im happy to hear the clean channel is working out for you, i found it to be lacking soul.

It's funny isn't it....I really thought I would struggle with it after reading a lot about it on here but it works out fine for me.
The treble and bass are very interactive....moving one a touch can really alter the mids.....and hence the clarity.
I also use a delay on the cleans to sweeten it up.

Today is the tester! When I go back in the studio later today I hope to be grinning when I fire it up!
If the same settings I left it at still sound good today then a space will be made for her between my Matamps....stops them squabbling!:D

I have to re-state that I am running it through two Matamp cabs along with the two speakers in the amp.
The Century Vintages added a sparkle I didn't expect to hear.
If she stays the V30's are going to come out....;)

+1000 on the V30's coming out. i was running mine through a PPC412 loaded with Eminence governors an found my self un-hooking the internal V30's.

Jon
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Easter-B ... 6877535568
Member since 2005
Currently a non orange owner. Im actively in search of a vintage OR head... Feel free to send me any leads... :)

BrianGT
Duke of Orange

Post by BrianGT » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:13 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">1000 on the V30's coming out. i was running mine through a PPC412 loaded with Eminence governors an found my self un-hooking the internal V30's.

Yes....I've just been playing it and I turned the combo away so I could only hear the Matamp cabs!;)
BrianGT

BrianGT
Duke of Orange

Post by BrianGT » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:20 pm

The amp is staying!

I just came away from the studio with a huge grin on my face...that's the clincher!:D

I had tried it in the shop a while back but you have to have the master low and crank the gain a bit if you want some body in the sound and it always felt too compressed to me.
Taking it home to the studio was the best thing I could have done!

The Master is on about 8 and the gain is on about 4 and a half and the crunch sound is awesome!
If you dig in it growls and if you ease off it is really clean..and if you back the guitar off a touch it is clean.8)

Getting two great sounds so far is enough for me....I might have to try a clean boost something or other for solo's but " 2 out of 3 ain't bad!" :D
BrianGT

Norrin Radd
Duke of Orange

Post by Norrin Radd » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:11 pm

Brian - when I first got my RV50 head, I took it to my buddy's store and we plugged it in to a Matchless 1x12 open backed cab loaded with a nicely broken in G12H30. The clean channel tones were absolutely <i>sublime</i>. People were coming from all over the store to hear it, no exaggeration. The G12s also really loved the dirty channel as well - but it was like the clean channel was <i>made</i> for them. My long term plan is to put 2 G12H30s in my PPC 4x12 in an "X" pattern with the V30s. I think that will sound pretty damn good. Just my two cents.
Greg

Taronja
Orange Master

Post by Taronja » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:31 pm

<br />The amp is staying!

I just came away from the studio with a huge grin on my face...that's the clincher!:D

I had tried it in the shop a while back but you have to have the master low and crank the gain a bit if you want some body in the sound and it always felt too compressed to me.
Taking it home to the studio was the best thing I could have done!

The Master is on about 8 and the gain is on about 4 and a half and the crunch sound is awesome!
If you dig in it growls and if you ease off it is really clean..and if you back the guitar off a touch it is clean.8)

Getting two great sounds so far is enough for me....I might have to try a clean boost something or other for solo's but " 2 out of 3 ain't bad!" :D

yeah, i really did not use the clean channel, on the dirt side i had the gain cranked and had the volume just under break up, like this the cleans were loud and outstanding, i had my BBE sonic maximizer to boost the amp into its natural gain stages, WOW!!!!

Jon
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Easter-B ... 6877535568
Member since 2005
Currently a non orange owner. Im actively in search of a vintage OR head... Feel free to send me any leads... :)