60's reissue telecaster

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

jon reed
Rocker

Post by jon reed » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:59 pm

I've just ordered one of the above, in black with a rosewood neck, i wondered if anyone else has any experience of these guitars? i already have a standrad tele and its the best, thats why i got another, so reliable.

Does anyone know if there's much difference tonally between a 60's reissue tele and a standard tele?

I personally think the tele sound compliments the orange tone very well, i'm sure i'm not alone???
myspace.com/thevivahighrollers

irish_admiral
Prince of Orange

Post by irish_admiral » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:01 pm

Hi John,

Yes, the Teles go pretty well with the Oranges, especially the AD series amps.

Tonal differences - well, it depends which pickups are in each guitar, and the body and neck woods, and gauge of strings you have used! Also things like value of the capacitor in the circuit, value of potentiometers. etc.

But bluntly speaking, probably not too much basic difference: rosewood neck and alder/basswood body will give you a less bright sound than maple & ash, but not hugely so.

The greatest tonal variety you will probably get is in the pickups... if they're just bog standard Fenders and you're not overawed by them, 40 quid on a set of Tonerider tele pickups will see a big improvement in clarity & detail, and you'll probably prefer the tone too.
Joe

G(sus) saves

Orange AD15, Matamp 1224, Fender 'JD' Tele, G&L ASAT, Duesenberg Starplayer TV, Eggle Kanuga, Avalon D25, Warwick FNA Jazzman, Eden Nemesis / Bergantino EX112S, Eastman MD305 & other stuff...

nguideau
Orange Master

Post by nguideau » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:09 pm

AD30 + Hot Rod '52 RI Tele = hours of endless fun
- Nathan