OT: My first gig since I got my Orange

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

polishdog90
Rocker

Post by polishdog90 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:36 am

And it sucked... First off, I was playing drums. My band was playing misfits covers at a Halloween party. And by the time we started to play it was 12 am, and both of my bandmates were very drunk. Not only was my guitarist out of tune, but he was all over the place. And my bassist/singer kept accidentally unplugging his bass during songs, and since the guitarist was out of tune the bassist/singer was singing out of key. It was pretty terrible.

Sorry for the rant, but I had to vent somewhere.

-Louis

merlhagstrom
Orange Hero

Post by merlhagstrom » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:10 am

I think thats how one of the Misfits shows was when I saw them back in the day.
THUNDERVERBER FOR LIFE

Dign'my new TT Still the best bang --EVER

No Pedals

Former Marshall addict..

http://www.myspace.com/zipperneck" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1239257924" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://soundcloud.com/zipperneck" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ohara
Orange Master

Post by Ohara » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:16 am

It can happen to any of us on the best of days. Alcohol and music can mix rather well, and it can really hurt the mix. I myself tend to not drink when I am playing in public and the rest of my band limit themselves to two or three to help loosen up but all it takes is one of ya's to over do it. Hopefully the next gig goes alot better for you.
Just call me Ken

proud member #81 of the Tiny Terror Club
proud owner of Rocker 30 combo in white

screamingdaisy
Orange Master

Post by screamingdaisy » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:29 am

The Misfits would be proud. :)
Les Paul -> Wah -> Amp
Electric Amp 120w MV - Orange 4x12 + Electric 4x12

polishdog90
Rocker

Post by polishdog90 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:12 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ohara</i>
<br />It can happen to any of us on the best of days. Alcohol and music can mix rather well, and it can really hurt the mix. I myself tend to not drink when I am playing in public and the rest of my band limit themselves to two or three to help loosen up but all it takes is one of ya's to over do it. Hopefully the next gig goes alot better for you.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Haha yeah I was sober. I'm not sure if I'll be playing with this exact group again though. I'm mainly a guitarist and they just wanted me to fill in on drums for a last minute Halloween gig. I'm just really irritated that they made me practice 2-3 hours every day for a week for a gig that they ended up sucking at.

polishdog90
Rocker

Post by polishdog90 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:13 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by screamingdaisy</i>
<br />The Misfits would be proud. :)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Haha! Danzig led Misfits or the newer Misfits?