My absolute CRAP experience with Orange.

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

blackcloud45
Orange Master

Post by blackcloud45 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:49 pm

I think this is a little hypocritical. Here you come to this forum to post your warning for the benefit of all. Did you think everyone would feel the same way as you? Reading the responses I see mostly guys trying to be helpful and / or offering constructive criticism. Then there are one or two comments that don't agree with your side of things and you get pissed off. This is the ORANGE forum. That would indicate that most of the people on here like Orange. In other words, I think you've gotten all the sympathy here that you are going to get. To clarify, you just think it's okay for you to have an opinion and bust balls so long as nobody does it to you? Just a suggestion. Grow up.

Bottom line is that you are blaming everyone but yourself for your problem. Yes, things were not handled correctly by all involved. Had you taken care of this through a little investigation of all options the rest of this story wouldn't have transpired. Now you are here not to help, but to vent. When everyone doesn't agree with your view, you resort to insults and more than a little 'flaming' of your own. It's funny that you joined this forum knowing full well that everyone here is an a$$ kissing arm chair amplifier scholar. It would almost imply that you yourself had full intentions on joining our humble ranks. Wow.

What you should do is sell your POS Orange and go buy a brand new Electric Amp. Then you could join their forum and bust other peoples balls for not recognizing how great an amp it is. Be sure to include how you let the guys over at Orange have it.

You hypocrisy knows no bounds my friend.

http://hypersoulrocks.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.myspace.com/lovea45" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Heartsndspades
Orange Master

Post by Heartsndspades » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:59 pm

dude seriously...

orange-- was (possably as there's no proof) wrong for the wiring in the cab. But was there any traces of solder? who knows what happend during shipping?

you and the shop-- were wrong in not calling orange right away. There's nothing else to it.. 90 days warrenty on tubes, 1 year warrenty on the amp- it's not that hard!! Comeon you have a phone and the internet- call orange tech support.. im sure you and i know more about tube amps then some local shops.

other than the tubes not being mounted on the chassis, orange construction is on par or better than current production amps. Sure i would love a hiwatt custom400 but 5 grand for an amp thats what 600 in parts? is a total rip off.

also thats the stupidest marketing ploy ive ever seen. "wood boards instead of rubber feet would make the biggest difference" stfu. They're just trying to get business and are taking advantage of your situation to do that.. 160 w/e watts output? thats total bs more like 300+ with mine... they probably took that reading with your blown transformer. they already come w/ mm transformers.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Down</i>
<br />By played it some "time" you sure mean the 15 minutes before it would blow a tube or fuse and would be back on its way to the shop to take 2 additional weeks to get it worked on and back for another failure.

I had a feeling adding the before and after part of the story would welcome some forum flaming thanks to the fact that Electric amps fixed my rig properly.

Regardless-my warning is to potential buyers or new customers that aren't %110 sure of their warranty and repair procedures-worst case scenario in my case.

I'm well aware that the majority of Orange gear out in the world is perfectly fine and the vintage, and Matamp made rigs are the most wonderful stuff out there.

Sorry if my repeated use of the word Warning sounded drastic. Truth is my advice could be applied to any major amp company purchase.

Many thanks to everyone for the great feedback so far and more thanks to all the thousands+plus post "ORANGE MASTER" members on here for the pure forum comedy. Maybe if you folks spent thousands of seconds, minutes, hours, or days playing music or doing anything more productive than being arm-chair amplifier-told-you-so-scholars you'd actually be a "master" of something besides bona fide company a$$ kissers floating around this place busting the balls of anyone who shares a negative thought or two about your beloved voice of the world? I can't believe you don't get paid for your hard work.

Just a suggestion. Get lives.

Winners who post pictures and breakdowns of their entire basement backline in EVERY effing post signature are last people that should be giving anyone a hard time <i>anywhere</i> on a gear forum.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Bass: orange-ad200b, obc4x10, obc1x15/ ampeg b-15/ fender Jazz/ 74' gibson grabber/ peterson stobeostomp/ ehx deluxe memory man/ malekko b:assmaster/ voodoo labs pedal power 2+/ monster bass cables
Guitar: Fender 69' Tele Thinline/ Ampeg B-15
*korey*

SRSbluez83
Tiny Terror

Post by SRSbluez83 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:00 pm

it's your own fault for trusting your local dealer. they should have directed you to to Orange customer service right away. for all we know the issues you experienced could have occured during shipping or at the dealer's shop. futhermore, if your amp tech in SLC is falsly advertising as a certified Orange tech, then you (and Orange) should bring action against him.

*always register new gear with it's manufacturer & keep all paperwork*

Joker

Post by Joker » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:09 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Down</i>
<br />
Many thanks to everyone for the great feedback so far and more thanks to all the thousands+plus post "ORANGE MASTER" <font color="red">members on here for the pure forum comedy</font id="red">. Maybe if you folks spent thousands of seconds, minutes, hours, or days playing music or doing anything more productive than being arm-chair amplifier-told-you-so-scholars you'd actually be a "master" of something besides bona fide company a$$ kissers floating around this place busting the balls of anyone who shares a negative thought or two about your beloved voice of the world? I can't believe you don't get paid for your hard work.

Winners who post pictures and breakdowns of their entire basement backline in EVERY effing post signature are last people that should be giving anyone a hard time <i>anywhere</i> on a gear forum.

What's wrong with hanging out here just for pure forum comedy? :mrgreen:

You sound a lot like Joel from Electric Amps. And coincidentally, look who has "your" amp for sale on eBay right now: http://cgi.ebay.com/ORANGE-AD200-Bass-M ... 0250701913 [:0]

Heartsndspades
Orange Master

Post by Heartsndspades » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:37 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Joker</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Down</i>
<br />
Many thanks to everyone for the great feedback so far and more thanks to all the thousands+plus post "ORANGE MASTER" <font color="red">members on here for the pure forum comedy</font id="red">. Maybe if you folks spent thousands of seconds, minutes, hours, or days playing music or doing anything more productive than being arm-chair amplifier-told-you-so-scholars you'd actually be a "master" of something besides bona fide company a$$ kissers floating around this place busting the balls of anyone who shares a negative thought or two about your beloved voice of the world? I can't believe you don't get paid for your hard work.

What's wrong with hanging out here just for pure forum the comedy? :mrgreen:

You sound a lot like Joel from Electric Amps. And coincidentally, look who has your amp for sale on eBay right now: http://cgi.ebay.com/ORANGE-AD200-Bass-M ... 0250701913 [:0]

O snap! delete the arss hole.
Bass: orange-ad200b, obc4x10, obc1x15/ ampeg b-15/ fender Jazz/ 74' gibson grabber/ peterson stobeostomp/ ehx deluxe memory man/ malekko b:assmaster/ voodoo labs pedal power 2+/ monster bass cables
Guitar: Fender 69' Tele Thinline/ Ampeg B-15
*korey*

the orangewizard
Orange Master

Post by the orangewizard » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:41 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Heartsndspades</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Joker</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Down</i>
<br />

What's wrong with hanging out here just for pure forum the comedy? :mrgreen:

You sound a lot like Joel from Electric Amps. And coincidentally, look who has your amp for sale on eBay right now: http://cgi.ebay.com/ORANGE-AD200-Bass-M ... 0250701913 [:0]

O snap! delete the arss hole.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Somebody jus got it ^ the arrrrrse holllllle! heh heh~ :oops:
Hugh

Joker

Post by Joker » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:43 pm

Drdos
Orange Master

Post by Drdos » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:52 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by CustomsLou</i>
<br />Look at these amps and you tell me what you'd buy:

Marshall JVM- amp sounds great, but it's impossible to fix- look at the PC board.

When something goes wrong, the tech is just going to swap boards, and if it's out of warranty you will get a HUGE repair bill- a board like that isn't cheap.

Vero Chicago Zephyr- decent PC board construction, the tubes are mounted to the chassis and the board, which is much more solid.

Mojave Scorpion- this is as good as it gets:

Guitar Player article that these images are from:

http://www.guitarplayer.com/article/all ... b-08/33533

Right on Lou... My Vintage Mesa looks pretty pristine, but I've seen the same s--- PC board construction with their newer expensive amps. Although it is inexcusable to turn out a cheap ass product for ton's of profit you see this time and time again from many manufactures that care more about the money then the product and pleasing the customer.....
Vince

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:24 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Joker</i>
<br />

What's wrong with hanging out here just for pure forum comedy? :mrgreen:

You sound a lot like Joel from Electric Amps. And coincidentally, look who has "your" amp for sale on eBay right now: http://cgi.ebay.com/ORANGE-AD200-Bass-M ... 0250701913 [:0]

Haha, Joker, you should join the FBI or CIA, I'm always amazed at your ability to dredge up dirt on anyone or any thing. :) Note to self: never make Joker my enemy! :p

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:30 pm

And Down, I'm a bit perturbed that you apparently missed my preverbal olive branch offering. That was one "Orange Expert" who was trying to help and be nice about it. There's no need to start dissing on people who have posted a lot here, that seems like ad hominem attacks, which are about as effective as diplomacy on the play ground of a grade school. Check yo self. :p

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:36 pm

Interesting how he's posted before and the story presented here doesn't match up with his previous threads. I'm locking this and the other threads so there can be no revisionist history going on.

alexauxier
Forum Admin

Post by alexauxier » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:58 pm

Forum Folks,

I haven't responded to this thread because I didn't want to "stir the pot" as they say, preferring instead to let Down's complaint work itself out.

My opinion on this matter is that Down, and any other unhappy Orange customer, has every right to air his problems with Orange. I, and the entire Orange team, take these issues very seriously. We don't want upset customers and we do everything in our power to set things straight when we encounter one. Down raised some excellent issues regarding our warranty procedure, and rest assured that we have taken them to heart.

While I choose not to comment specifically on the situation surrounding Down's disappointment with the Orange line, I can say that all of our forum members did an excellent job of doing their research today (Joker and Andy, I'm looking at you).

Thank you for your help and your input, all of you!

Cheers!
--
Alex Auxier
Orange Amps
Artist Relations Manager

Will Loftin
Orange Technical Manager

Post by Will Loftin » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:59 pm

I have included a sticky at the top of the forum, so that (hopefully) Orange amp owners in the USA who read this forum will know who to contact in case there is ever a problem.

Our warranty procedure is pretty simple, just call us first!

Thanks!
Will Loftin
Technical Manager
Orange Music Electronic Co