orange artist: giant squid = great!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

adamanteus
Orange Hero

Post by adamanteus » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:37 am

ha! yes we opened for danzig (when we were winding down and i was starting to move in a different direction and the hardcore scene as a whole was waning), suicidal, d.r.i., social distortion, lethal aggression and many others i cannot remember! as far as music i do have that stuff. email me and i can shoot them to you later in the week or so.

keep in mind these are tape transfers. before CD even. but, actually the quality is pretty damn good.

i love the exploited as well. wattie is still plugging away i saw them live a couple years ago in san antonio before i moved out here to L.A.

hellhazard
Orange Expert

Post by hellhazard » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:41 am

Giant Squid Kid on the Matamp forum is the singer/guitarist.. He recently posted that he is selling his Matamp Green GTO 120 because Orange offered him an endorsement and $1000 off on a Thunderverb

"I used the Orange for all the 7 string tracks on the record, and the Green with the down tuned Les Paul with the P90 and a big muff. That studio is the Litho Room in Seattle, owned by Stone Gossard of Pearl Jam. Sound Garden, Pearl Jam, Neil Young, Dave Mathews, Mastodon, tons of people have recorded. It's pretty amazing. " - Giant Squid Kid
-Vito

140watt Matamp GTv TwinChannel
ImageImageImage

stevo2112
Orange Master

Post by stevo2112 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:45 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by hellhazard</i>
<br />Giant Squid Kid on the Matamp forum is the singer/guitarist.. He recently posted that he is selling his Matamp Green GTO 120 because Orange offered him an endorsement and $1000 off on a Thunderverb

"I used the Orange for all the 7 string tracks on the record, and the Green with the down tuned Les Paul with the P90 and a big muff. That studio is the Litho Room in Seattle, owned by Stone Gossard of Pearl Jam. Sound Garden, Pearl Jam, Neil Young, Dave Mathews, Mastodon, tons of people have recorded. It's pretty amazing. " - Giant Squid Kid

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

just saw that on the bay this morning- and i could drive across the bay to pick it up! wish i had the cash...
Steve

jojo68
Orange Master

Post by jojo68 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:35 am

I dig Giant Squid and most of the bands you mentioned adamanteus . Some of here DO like it heavy,loud and detuned !