Not that I can afford one...

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

crash
Orange Master

Post by crash » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:27 pm

But has anyone gotten their hands on a matchless independence for a test run? The lead guitar player for the old 97's (one of my fave bands) played one, and it sounded amazing live. Just wandered if any of you had any personal experience with one. Someday, after the wedding, I might be able to buy an amp, but it doesn't hurt to dream in the mean time. [:p]
ImageImage
Orange Master? Not Quite...
The Name's Daniel, but you can call me Crash
"If God had'na given me a song to sing, I wouldn't have a song to sing. The song comes from God, all the time." Bob Marley

UserName
Orange Hero

Post by UserName » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:42 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by crash</i>
<br />But has anyone gotten their hands on a matchless independence for a test run? The lead guitar player for the old 97's (one of my fave bands) played one, and it sounded amazing live. Just wandered if any of you had any personal experience with one. Someday, after the wedding, I might be able to buy an amp, but it doesn't hurt to dream in the mean time. [:p]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

after the wedding.. yeeeaaaaa.

lol. it doesnt stop there man.

thetrans5
Rocker

Post by thetrans5 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:15 pm

watching royce gracie fight used to be the best thing ever. that guy was out of control.

crash
Orange Master

Post by crash » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:25 am

bump from long way back...
ImageImage
"If God had'na given me a song to sing, I wouldn't have a song to sing. The song comes from God, all the time." Bob Marley

buscemi
Orange Expert

Post by buscemi » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:19 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by UserName</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by crash</i>
<br />But has anyone gotten their hands on a matchless independence for a test run? The lead guitar player for the old 97's (one of my fave bands) played one, and it sounded amazing live. Just wandered if any of you had any personal experience with one. Someday, after the wedding, I might be able to buy an amp, but it doesn't hurt to dream in the mean time. [:p]

after the wedding.. yeeeaaaaa.

lol. it doesnt stop there man.
Yeah, more like after the divorce!
- Peter
ImageImage
We've done four already, but now we're steady, and then they went one-two-three-four

crash
Orange Master

Post by crash » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:54 pm

i have to say that I find it sad at the negative view towards marriage by the average male today. I guess that to me, guitar is not number one in my life. I love it but it is a couple steps down the list, as it should be...
ImageImage

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:42 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by crash</i>
<br />i have to say that I find it sad at the negative view towards marriage by the average male today. I guess that to me, guitar is not number one in my life. I love it but it is a couple steps down the list, as it should be...
for now....you may change your mind.
They've all got one and can be one...if you know what I mean. I just traded in my American Strat for a much more expensive one. In order to keep things cool I had to tell the other half the American wasn't working right and they are going to replace it on the warranty. Good thing all strats look the same to people who don't play guitar.

blackcloud45
Orange Master

Post by blackcloud45 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:25 pm

My wife is getting wise to these tactics. She knows about guitars now, sigh...

http://hypersoulrocks.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.myspace.com/lovea45" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the orangewizard
Orange Master

Post by the orangewizard » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:38 pm

<br />i have to say that I find it sad at the negative view towards marriage by the average male today. I guess that to me, guitar is not number one in my life. I love it but it is a couple steps down the list, as it should be...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"> This might give you some insight-

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showth ... ost4642659
Hugh

deadduck
Rocker

Post by deadduck » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:47 pm

I think most of the guys are mainly kidding. But marriage sure cramps your style. ;)

Honestly, I wouldn't trade my wife and kids for all the gear in the world. BUT, marriage is not easy. Relationships can get VERY complicated when both of you are working, paying for cars and a house, raising kids, etc.
Keith

notagain

Post by notagain » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:13 pm

My wife has given up and she is really happy that
I sold so many guitars recently, she got the guest
room back...It's still easy to say, oh, it was in
the closet, I finally pulled it out dear!