Greatest Mystery of the Effect Pedal World

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Bluz57
Prince of Orange

Post by Bluz57 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:06 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by notagain</i>
<br />I think the next poll should be how many Boss Pedals to you currently
have on your board?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

0..;)
Paint it blue 4 soul.

notagain

Post by notagain » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:07 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bluz57</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by notagain</i>
have on your board?

0..;)
0..;)

Bluz57
Prince of Orange

Post by Bluz57 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:22 pm

How many Boss pedals would you own if you only could....again 0.
Having said that I saw a great guitarist using a Boss multi effects pedal and a Wesley amp.Never heard of the amp.He had a unique tone. Nice, but a one trick pony.Sounded the same all night.I would not have the multi effect processor if someone gave it to me. Simply not my bag.The dude could play circles around me, but my tone would eat him for lunch.
Paint it blue 4 soul.

Joshlespaul1952

Post by Joshlespaul1952 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:25 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by notagain</i>
have on your board?
Zero for me as well...

feider
Lord of Orange

Post by feider » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:11 am

<br />Hope I didn't offend anyone, just my opinion,
I didn't even like my Keeley modded DS-1 ( now Scott can hate me too! )

:D:D:D[:0][:0]:D:D:D

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"><u></u>Hey Mark, no hate here. People like what they like. I like what i like, and dont really give a rats behind what others like. It doesnt change my opinion about someone.
But, I have seen some top artists using them, and just about everyone else. The attitude I cant relate to, is the one where just because someone seems to either like something, or not like something, they think they need to persuade others to feel the same way. This is not directed at anyone on here in particular, but the problem I see with many musicians, is that they tend to be very arrogant, egotistical, and just the type of person you really cant stand to be around for long.
But, that is how i look at it.
My name is Scott. This is my other forum. http://bluesguitar.forumcircle.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

notagain

Post by notagain » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:24 am

I did, thanks to this post order a Boss Blues Driver,
who knows, it might be perfect with my Robert Cray, or
my soon to arrive Jeff Beck...I am always willing to try
something new....

Hope your family is doing well Scott!

onewaycpr
Orange Master

Post by onewaycpr » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:04 am

<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bluz57</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by notagain</i>
have on your board?

0..;)
0..;)
0..;)

onewaycpr
Orange Master

Post by onewaycpr » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:05 am

wait... this means i need a new tuner lol

MSP
Orange Master

Post by MSP » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:25 am

I owned a OS-2 and I think I can agree with the statement that they tend to sound better with SS amps, however, how do you define "fizzy"? I always liked how I could hear the individual notes of chords even with it cranked, which is something I can't say for a lot of distortion and overdrives out there. Boss makes good generic tones and enough people find uses for them. They're like the bread and butter and fairly versatile. Something like a Zvex Fuzz Factory has a niche sound, whereas a Bluesdriver can be used for a vast array of tones. I just find there aren't enough extremes in tones for my tastes. They're sort of the Bose of guitar pedals "no highs, no lows, must be Bose."
It all comes down to personal taste, for instance, I have no use for Tubescreamers or any variations of them.
http://www.myspace.com/sleuthband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wired
Orange Master

Post by Wired » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:35 am

<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sleejay</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Wired</i>
<br />I actually liked the Blues Driver a lot. It's not the best box out there, but it was someone that worked great for me.

It does have a bit of fizz when you crank it, but it is also warm and inviting.

Luke-

You've helped me out countless times in the past, and I trust you so much, I have even bought stuff on your recommendations - and have not regretted one bit - but I'd have to disagree with you for the first time[:0]

The Blues Driver is the <i>coldest</i> pedal I know of, even within the BOSS line...
I even hear it in their demos, so it's not a rig thing.

Wow, preference <i>does</i> change what you hear!:?

Do you have a stock or modded Blues Driver?

stock. Never tried a modded one.
-LK
RV50, Vox AC30, Gibson LP Trad '14, Gibson ES-335 '04, PRS Cu24 '10, Fender Tele Pro, Gretsch Powerjet

shindigmachine
Orange Master

Post by shindigmachine » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:11 am

i love my RK modded BD-2. it sounds nothing like a boss pedal.
Hi. I'm Brad. i play a Gibson Melody Maker RI through a...

Orange RV100H &
Mesa Lone Star 410 w/2 Celestion G10s and 2 Weber Thames 10s

pedals; Barber Tone Press, Robert Keeley BD-2, EHX Micro POG, SIB Mr. Vibromatic, Line6 Echo Park, AKAI Headrush E2, and a custom loopmaster pedal. all on a furman SPB-8.

this band is done but a new one is in the works;
myspace.com/morninggrey734

Foef
Orange Master

Post by Foef » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:03 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by onewaycpr</i>
<br />wait... this means i need a new tuner lol

Get the Korg Pitchblack! True bypass and responds WAY faster than the Boss TU2. I actually bought it, because i needed a true bypass tuner. I wanted a tuner that can sit first in my signal chain, and not mess with the tone of my '69 fuzz. The TU2 made it sound shrill and fizzy (there yoy go, Dai...;)), and with the Pitchblack, all's fine. As an extra it tracks a lot faster and the huge display is a bonus. All that in a smaller footprint too.

Grtz, Bert.
Squier 15 (1988)
Mesa/Boogie F50 (2005)
Orange CR60C (2014)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Factory/438445022903833
http://www.facebook.com/ODcoverband

kmlabs
Orange Expert

Post by kmlabs » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:46 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by iwantanorangeamp</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sleejay</i>
<br />Okay, okay, we've gotten started without any misunderstanding, I didn't want to offend anyone, so that's good.

Now, listening to the BOSS demo sounds from the link on the first post,

<b>are you guys still gonna tell me that their dirt pedals aren't FIZZY???</b>

I'd rather have you guys tell me you <i>like the FIZZ</i>, rather than tell me that it's not.

Because, then, I'd at least know that it's a matter of preference, not my ears going bad. lol

I used to have a stock DS-1, and I think you can dial out some of the fizz you're hearing on the demo.

I can't get to the demos at work so I can't comment on the fizz, but I can say that my (unmodded) DS-1 doesn't add any fizz at all to my sound. Check out www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2EDhhRRjzQ - I've got the DS-1 on for the solo, but I hope you'll agree there's no fizz there!
Kerry

Too much gain is... just about enough

Peau d Orange
Rocker

Post by Peau d Orange » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:16 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Foef</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by onewaycpr</i>

Get the Korg Pitchblack! True bypass and responds WAY faster than the Boss TU2. I actually bought it, because i needed a true bypass tuner. I wanted a tuner that can sit first in my signal chain, and not mess with the tone of my '69 fuzz. The TU2 made it sound shrill and fizzy (there yoy go, Dai...;)), and with the Pitchblack, all's fine. As an extra it tracks a lot faster and the huge display is a bonus. All that in a smaller footprint too.

Grtz, Bert.

+1 on the Pitchblack. It's a grat tuner and I insist on true bypass with all my pedals. Don't let anything get in the way of a good amp's tone!

Wired
Orange Master

Post by Wired » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:00 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Peau d Orange</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Foef</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by onewaycpr</i>

Grtz, Bert.

+1 on the Pitchblack. It's a grat tuner and I insist on true bypass with all my pedals. Don't let anything get in the way of a good amp's tone!

Then why do you got a DL4? ;):twisted::?:x
-LK
RV50, Vox AC30, Gibson LP Trad '14, Gibson ES-335 '04, PRS Cu24 '10, Fender Tele Pro, Gretsch Powerjet