So, uhh, what ARE you using for a footswitch?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Mon Feb 17, 2003 10:43 pm

I've been using a Scholz footswitch that I had forgotten about. It's a nice metal wedge box with an LED and large button (works well barefoot). I use that when I'm using the amp without effects but I also use a midi foot controller to channel switch as well with my effects.

I'll still buy an Orange one though when they finally come out.... too bad they couldn't have just gotten the Scholz design- it's a great switch. Billy

grgurich
Tiny Terror

Post by grgurich » Wed Feb 19, 2003 4:55 pm

I have one of the Ad 15/12s,and get good results with no petal by cranking the gain to the maximum setting, turning the master up about halfway, then controlling the sound through the volume control on the guitar. This gives me a nice range of "clean" through "heavy" for stage work. Give it a shot. It's how people like Pete Townshend did it in the old days.
John

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Wed Feb 19, 2003 7:27 pm

oh, I'm not talking about a distortion pedal- I'm referring to the channel switching pedal which is absent from the new Oranges and absolutely necessary....

gearnut
Tiny Terror

Post by gearnut » Wed Feb 19, 2003 8:37 pm

I've been using a round button type from a Roland blues cube I had sitting around. I can't wait till the orange one comes out. How freakin long could it possibly take them to design a footswitch? It just reinforces my Oliver Stone theory about Orange - that it's like 2 guys sitting around as a marketing front while they farm out design and production elsewhere. Not that I don't love my orange, but they are awfully incommunicado.

SensorySwitches

Post by SensorySwitches » Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:48 pm

Sorry! - We had to delete this post. - Admin

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:46 pm

I'm going to be blunt- it's nice of Orange to provide a free forum for us but it's not for anyone to be selling products like your footswitches. They look suspiciously like 80's Fender footswitches with orange tolex- sorry but I think it's poor taste to offer them here when Orange is supposed to be right around the corner with theirs and will be available from this website... good luck to you with those but try plexi palace instead.

I posted this just to see what people were using and I had a feeling right from the time that I hit post that you would be on here doing that. That wasn't what this thread was about. Billy

Edited by - bclaire on 20 Feb 2003 21:46:56

SensorySwitches

Post by SensorySwitches » Fri Feb 21, 2003 1:43 am

I'm sorry to make either of you scoff or think i'm trying to take advantage of you by offering the switches in this thread. However, let me inform you that we make practically no money on them, and the reason we're making them in the first place is purely for fun and education. Not for profit. They are not 80's fender footswitches; we're bending sheet metal, cutting plastic and drilling holes. We put a enough money into each one and about 6 hours. The small profit we make comes to sweatshop wages split between two people for 6 hours of work. But it's fun, and that's why we do it.

So don't take my motives the wrong way. We're trying to make some footswitch-less Orange users happy - not take advantage of them.

Let's get back to the thread's original discussion!

Davis
Tiny Terror

Post by Davis » Fri Feb 28, 2003 11:16 pm

Hmmmmm....okay. So....you're not trying to sell footswitches....but here's what we're building and you can buy them if you're some sap who doesn't think I'm not trying to sell them using this forum. I get it. Thanks.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Sat Mar 01, 2003 3:48 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hmmmmm....okay. So....you're not trying to sell footswitches....but here's what we're building and you can buy them if you're some sap who doesn't think I'm not trying to sell them using this forum. I get it. Thanks.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

I just laughed so hard I almost spit out my breakfast cereal...

gearnut
Tiny Terror

Post by gearnut » Wed Mar 05, 2003 5:32 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Sorry! - We had to delete this post. - Admin

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

So they can delete a post, but not provide us with any info on the switch?

Davis
Tiny Terror

Post by Davis » Wed Mar 05, 2003 10:11 pm

Yes...they can send your Orange amp to Iraq too if you don't watch it! (just kidding) Didn't they teach you in school that you should never mess with the administration?

Have a nice day....and don't forget to boogie!

jason41224
Orange Master

Re: So, uhh, what ARE you using for a footswitch?

Post by jason41224 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:51 am

hghgjh wrote:Now, currently the Dark Phoenix on the beta requires you to have completed the glory of the Raider disaster, and I personally

would love to see Aion Gold,WOW Gold this was kept in the meta Algalon the last actual

achievement of this kind (He feeds on Your Tears), the relatively easy to achieve when you have the tactics down,

Buy WOW Goldbut always make people "know" you should not be there to stop him from the start.

Keep the Meta is difficult to achieve seems reasonable,WOW Power Leveling given

the wage and the fact is, this power is not the mmortal or The Undying, dance the chances of someone in an instance of 14 bosses

is quite high, Aion Goldtakes the chances that it in this 8min or how long struggle is

much much lower, I hope they keep it this way to sell its much harder to Meta's, when the requirements as they are, and the

people who make the dragon will get eventually. Aion LevelingBy the way, we always

welcome you to buy cheap Aion Gold here. We are looking forword your suggestions anyway.
yep, i think this thread just went into chaos. :D

i'm using the official one for now. thinking about getting a loopmaster Mini-led, though. saves room on my board, which i'm quickly running out of.
Jason
Rocker 30
too many pedals

Bandeapart
Orange Master

Post by Bandeapart » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:03 am

I use an orange footswitch... actually, i don't, it sits on my pedal board unplugged. Are they hard to come by these days or something? If so, I see ebay in the near future.
Orange AD30TC, Rickenbacker 360, 52RI Tele

wrath
Orange Hero

Post by wrath » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:32 am

they stopped making them or what? I have two orange switches for my rockerverb...one for channel, the other for reverb (i don't know why i bought another one, i never use reverb :))
Amplification: 70s OR120 Overdrive, Rockerverb 50 MKI, Rockerverb 100 MKII, PPC412
Axes: Tokai Love Rock LS-80, ESP LTD Viper 400
Synth: Novation Bass Station II

CD9266
Orange Master

Post by CD9266 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:38 am

Somebody went grave digging...

I use a Boss FS-5L. Amazing footswitch that switches over immediately when pressed down and you can do timed releases by holding it down to let off of it to disengage the distortion. Durable as I've stomped mine many times and it's still working great, on the stock battery it came with too which was quoted as a test battery and to replace immediately. It's been a couple years now that I've been using it.
http://www.reverbnation.com/coreydiller" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sunset Justice - Now on iTunes!