LETS SEE SOME PEDALBOARDS!!!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Le Chat Noir
Duke of Orange

Post by Le Chat Noir » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:52 pm

Think I've finally settled on this arrangement for the forseeable - modified this standard box to be slanted, with all the power stuff underneath and the wires dangling down (need to buy a couple of slightly longer Zaollas as you can see!)

The wah's an RMC Wizard Wah, think everything else is self explanatory!
Teddy
The Blackwater Rebellion: 2-piece alt rock duo http://theblackwaterrebellion.bandcamp.com/
I play an AD30TC

Norrin Radd
Duke of Orange

Post by Norrin Radd » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:12 pm

Well, I was having some high end signal loss and did some re-evaluating of what I really needed for gigging. SO, this is what I'm going with for now:

(I know I know - my "updates" make up about a 1/3 of this thread! :oops::oops:)

Greg

sleejay
Orange Expert

Post by sleejay » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:46 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Norrin Radd</i>
<br />Well, I was having some high end signal loss and did some re-evaluating of what I really needed for gigging. SO, this is what I'm going with for now:

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

looks like someone shot it with a shotgun now:D
-Dai

Norrin Radd
Duke of Orange

Post by Norrin Radd » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:11 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sleejay</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Norrin Radd</i>
<br />Well, I was having some high end signal loss and did some re-evaluating of what I really needed for gigging. SO, this is what I'm going with for now:

looks like someone shot it with a shotgun now:D

Yeah - pretty pathetic! :D :oops:
Greg

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:15 pm

Those wireless things still look pretty cool guys, I know you guys like 'em, Greg, Teddy, someday if I need one...

I'm almost done updating my pedal board, that is, after I had to go out and learn some rocket science to figure out how to get them cords to hang wheres thems supposeds ta beee. (I'm talking to you kittyface [v]:p)

Norrin Radd
Duke of Orange

Post by Norrin Radd » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:53 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Neiloler</i>
<br />Those wireless things still look pretty cool guys, I know you guys like 'em, Greg, Teddy, someday if I need one...

You know - I don't really even <i>need</i> it - but I love it! I just like NEVER having to worry about my cord being yanked out, being able to walk where ever I want AND do all that without any high end signal loss. X2 baby........
Greg

blackcloud45
Orange Master

Post by blackcloud45 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:26 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Le Chat Noir</i>
<br />Think I've finally settled on this arrangement for the forseeable - modified this standard box to be slanted, with all the power stuff underneath and the wires dangling down (need to buy a couple of slightly longer Zaollas as you can see!)

The wah's an RMC Wizard Wah, think everything else is self explanatory!

How you liking that Mr. Springgy? What's with the super secret foam on that one pedal?

http://hypersoulrocks.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.myspace.com/lovea45" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

blackcloud45
Orange Master

Post by blackcloud45 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:26 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Tibor</i>
<br />Image

my board at the moment... pretty simple stuff, volume pedal, Wah Wah,Tuner,Booster;Fuzz and Tube Distortion (needs 220V) into a A/B Box... but a custom made AC Adapter (red sparkle)... on a rockcase medium

Tibor, how's the prototype coming?

http://hypersoulrocks.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.myspace.com/lovea45" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Le Chat Noir
Duke of Orange

Post by Le Chat Noir » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:04 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by blackcloud45</i>
How you liking that Mr. Springgy? What's with the super secret foam on that one pedal?

love the Mr Springgy! I leave it on the setting you see there, straight into the front of the AD30TC - sounds great. The foam is there to stop the sliders on the POG getting knocked abojut, and also to prevent a build up of gunk in the slider rails, as they're impossible to clean out!

On the subject of the X2 - couldn't live without it now :) One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet, that is also worth noting - no chance of death by electric shock if you use a wireless! Think of it as insurance against dodgy wiring in venues...
Teddy
The Blackwater Rebellion: 2-piece alt rock duo http://theblackwaterrebellion.bandcamp.com/
I play an AD30TC

mr_william
Orange Master

Post by mr_william » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:24 pm

teddy, in regards to the verb, how high to you keep the gain on the ad30?.. im assuming the crunch box and the trifecta are for dirt and the ad30's set cleanish.. so the dirt is coming before the verb?.. how does it handle dirt after it?.. cheers
Will.
Bink wrote:Will you're a genius!! :D
Randy Bass wrote:For the record, mr_william is a genius :D .

Le Chat Noir
Duke of Orange

Post by Le Chat Noir » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:30 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mr_william</i>
<br />teddy, in regards to the verb, how high to you keep the gain on the ad30?.. im assuming the crunch box and the trifecta are for dirt and the ad30's set cleanish.. so the dirt is coming before the verb?.. how does it handle dirt after it?.. cheers

The AD30TC is set to a kind of 'crunchy breakup' level - I've not really tried it with lots of dirt after it, as I get all my major distortion craziness from the Trifecta, but I have tried it into my TT on full gain and it seemed to sound OK!
Teddy
I play an AD30TC

The Lo Lands
Tiny Terror

Post by The Lo Lands » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:48 pm

Just when i bought my RockerVerb 50H i changed my pedalboard completly. Removed my Whammy, Boss DD-6 and Radial Tonebone Trimode. Bought a new delay pedal, the TC electronic Vintage Delay. Still wait for the Boss GE-7 Mod from Monte Allums.

Listen to the music:

http://thelolandsmusic.bandpage.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/user/thelolands1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jvande7
Rocker

Post by jvande7 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:05 pm

I also use and love the Mr.Springgy reverb pedal from Lee Jackson. I don't have a pedalboard, I just lay mine out on the floor, but this is what it looks like...

Heavily Modified Crybaby Wah, Ibanez DE7 delay/echo, Mr.Springgy reverb, EA Tremolo clone.

The wah has been modified for true bypass, also modified for gain/volume and bass/mid response, and I swapped the stock inductor out for The Whipple inductor (search ebay).

Ibanez DE7 is a nice cheap delay/echo, and I like it because it sounds very analog (on echo mode).

Mr.Springgy is awesome. $200 is a lot for a one-knobbed pedal but it is a great organic, analog sounding spring reverb. I could have gone for some digital mess with 18 different modes but I wouldn't use those modes and I hate digital sounding pedals.

Then the EA Tremolo is a pedal I built from GeneralGuitarGadgets.com and it kicks ass. I have it in a purple enclosure with yellow knobs and a yellow LED that blinks to the rate of the tremolo.

See my sig for my complete list of gear/pedals, but I don't use much dirt/fuzz/od anymore now that I have my Tiny Terror.
<font color="orange"><u><b>Tiny Terror Club Member #157</b></u></font id="orange">

<h6><u><b>Guitar</b></u> - MIM Tele w/maple Allparts V neck (GFS Dream-90 & GFS 60's HOT Alnico)
<u><b>Pedals</b></u> - Ibanez DE7 delay/echo & TS9 Tube Screamer(modified), EA Tremolo clone, Maestro MFZ-1 fuzz clone, MKII Tonebender fuzz clone, Zvex SHO clone, Phase 90 clone, Heavily modified Crybaby wah
<u><b>Amps</b></u> - Orange Tiny Terror (MIK), Avatar 1x12 w/ Weber 1230-55 speaker (pre rola 55hz G12H30), Ampeg Reverberocket 2x12 50-watt combo
</h6><b>HandRolledFX - TBK Fuzz</b> (Maestro MFZ-1 fuzz clone) If you like The Black Keys, you'll LOVE this fuzz.
www.myspace.com/handrolledfx <--sound clips

jpboogie

Post by jpboogie » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:41 pm

Here's my stuff. currently under construction as the Marshall pedals will go out to be replaced by Xotic BB Preamp and RC Booster

http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/4971/img0187pl0.jpg
Image Boogie Woogie All Night long (at least)
-----------------------------------------------------
<b>Amps</b> : Orange Rockerverb 100 & PCC212, Fender Blues Deluxe.
<b>Guitars</b> : Fender Strat Deluxe Player, Fender Telecaster Mex, Fender American Standard Strat, Gibson J150, Takamine NP-25C
<b>FX</b> :Vox V847 Wha, Xotic BB preamp & RC booster, Seymour Duncan pickup booster, Ibanez Flanger, Ibanez DE7 Echo/Delay

_Craig_
Orange Hero

Post by _Craig_ » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:14 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jpboogie</i>
<br />Here's my stuff. currently under construction as the Marshall pedals will go out to be replaced by Xotic BB Preamp and RC Booster

http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/4971/img0187pl0.jpg

How do you like that warwick pedal board?
I have one, but personally i thought the power supply was awful quality, so decided to rip it out and replace it with a t-rex fuel tank. It is good value though, i still use the flight case/board itself.
'94 Standard Telecaster. Rickenbacker 4003. Orange AD30R. Ashdown 550 Touring.