I wish I had an 8 inch >>>

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

stormypenny
Rocker

Post by stormypenny » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:07 pm

speaker. Does any company make an solid 8" speaker? I purchased a Fender Frontman 15G and I want to put a good speaker in it. The speaker it has sound nice, but we all know it a piece of sh^t. This amp rocks. Clean is clean and gain is a hundred time better than my TT. My TT high gain seems to loss it punch (well, it really never had a great punch to begin with). The Fender is also very pedal friendly.

Thanks,
Steven

neonrust
Duke of Orange

Post by neonrust » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:50 pm

For the price of a new speaker you may just want to get a Crate blackheart or something. I have never heard the $80 Fender amp you speak of, but I have a VERY hard time believing it is better than your tiny terror.

My 2 pennies.:|
((((((((((((((((((((((((Andy))))))))))))))))))))

jdavis
Rocker

Post by jdavis » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:57 pm

What you said Andy!!
2 tiny terrors,Krank rev jr,pacific woodworks 412, 4 theile ported 112's w/ 25 watt greenbacks, Crate power block, Framptone 3 banger,85 explorer,jackson strat,jay turser semi hollow,custom tele, bad horsie wah, ibanez sound tank delay, member #15 Tiny Terror club

stormypenny
Rocker

Post by stormypenny » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:14 pm

If you never heard about the $80 amp (which I paid), how did you know about it? Believe me, this thing sound great.

SP

delirium trigger

Post by delirium trigger » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:48 am

im not trying to be offensive and its just my opinion but an old old band mate of mine left one of those amps at my house and honestly i think it sucks, the cleans are bearable but they aren't good by any means, and the distortion is screechy, fuzzzy, and just gross imo...i have only heard TT's in live band situations and they've all sounded awesome, not even in the same league at all. My rv50 cant even be compared to it lol....different strokes for different folks i guess

thedavide
Orange Expert

Post by thedavide » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:57 am

I bought my 5 year old son a Fender Frontman 10G, just so he'd keep his hands off my stuff. ;)

Sounds like "poopoo", as my son would say. :D

I will say this though, if your looking for a lo-fi scratched up cassette tape sound, this amp has it in spades. Don't laugh either, there are times I actually play through it just to get that vibe. :)

wkturn2008
Orange Expert

Post by wkturn2008 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:58 am

I find it hard to believe that someone thinks the Fender Frontman 15G is better than an Orange Tiny Terror but if it sounds better to stormypenny then I am happy for him.
Will Turner
http://wildwillyturner.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ok here's my gear:

Jackson Dinky
Fender Stratocaster
Marshall half stack
Kustom the Defender
Micro Terror on PPC108
Orange Blaster
much more

neonrust
Duke of Orange

Post by neonrust » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:02 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by stormypenny</i>
<br />If you never heard about the $80 amp (which I paid), how did you know about it? Believe me, this thing sound great.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I'm happy for you....the world takes all kinds.;)
((((((((((((((((((((((((Andy))))))))))))))))))))

Mondayeyes
Orange Expert

Post by Mondayeyes » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:04 am

I have a frontman 25 that I got for free a few years back. I mean...I've never really given it much thought, its a practice amp so I never really expect it to give me great tone, just to amplify my guitar.
-andy

Bad Cat Hot Cat 2x12
US Telecaster
72' Telecaster Deluxe
Epiphone Sheraton II
Various Pedals used in moderation
----------------

Band
www.myspace.com/hushhushcommotion

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:48 am

Weber might be your only bet for higher quality 8" speakers. https://taweber.powweb.com/weber/

Still, a fender 15 watt practice amp? Stormpenny, I thought I knew you. ;) Just kidding, just kidding, if you like the tone, go for it.

stormypenny
Rocker

Post by stormypenny » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:48 am

Don't get me wrong, the TT is the one of the best, but mine just doesn't sound like others. I think I got a used one from a retailer that said it was brand new. I have been playing guitar/bass for many years and I consider myself a very good guitar player. I have been told by many big rock stars (Nugent, Wilton, Crosby, Mars, Frehley, and many more that I am; well I will leave it up to your imagination. This Fender Frontman 15G really is fun and sounds great. I know I ask a lot of questions, and most of them I know already, but it is interesting to get other opinions. Today, I dropped a Carbon Copy Delay into this Fender and it was magic. I played a Fender Frontman 65R yesterday at Gc and it sounded like sh^t. Maybe the one I got was built perfect with no build variations. I can't wait to see what the Fulltone Octafuzz sounds like...

Thanks for the discussion,
Steven

PS. Even "No show" George Jones liked my playing. It's funning to see some of these guitar hacks on youtube having their fingers move fast up and down the neck and they think their are the ultimate rock god. That's not playing, it just noise polution with no musical content.

blackcloud45
Orange Master

Post by blackcloud45 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:48 am

Drug test?

http://hypersoulrocks.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.myspace.com/lovea45" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

stormypenny
Rocker

Post by stormypenny » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:58 am

The Fender Frontman 10G really does suck. You sould get him the new 15G.

SP

stormypenny
Rocker

Post by stormypenny » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:01 am

Neil,

I am still going to get that Carvin Belair and the X100B half stack.

Steven

airforce_brian
Orange Master

Post by airforce_brian » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:32 am

Everyone keep in mind here that stormypenny actually owns a TT, so his opinion that the Frontman sounds better is completely valid, being that it is just his opinion and not a fact. I'd like to hear that little solid state fender frontman though. If it's killing a TT then it really is something special. Couldn't be the same as the one I used to own back in the day.
PRS Custom 24
American Vintage 62 Jazzmaster
Orange AD140
Orange PPC 412
http://www.myspace.com/brianellismusic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;