Tour Box

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

xTRUTHOFMYYOUTHx
Orange Master

Post by xTRUTHOFMYYOUTHx » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:14 pm

i say we try Dr. Scientist!!
or Barber

something we cant all go out and buy...like Boss who i wouldnt be surprised if they started selling at best buy or target.
</sarcasm>
-tim
fender double fat strat through:
TT-->BYOc tri-boost-->avatar 1x12 w/ greenback.
fender deluxe 'verb.

ISlingGuitars
Orange Expert

Post by ISlingGuitars » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:39 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by xTRUTHOFMYYOUTHx</i>
<br />i say we try Dr. Scientist!!
or Barber

something we cant all go out and buy...like Boss who i wouldnt be surprised if they started selling at best buy or target.
</sarcasm>
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

funny you should mention best buy. My friend works there and he was telling me they actually plan to start carrying like legit musical equipment haha so, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they started selling them there.

Also, No one addressed the issue I brought up. Who keeps the gear when the tour is over?
Dan

xTRUTHOFMYYOUTHx
Orange Master

Post by xTRUTHOFMYYOUTHx » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:42 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ISlingGuitars</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by xTRUTHOFMYYOUTHx</i>
or Barber

</sarcasm>

funny you should mention best buy. My friend works there and he was telling me they actually plan to start carrying like legit musical equipment haha so, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they started selling them there.

Also, No one addressed the issue I brought up. Who keeps the gear when the tour is over?

are you serious!? hahaha

well maybe the person that wants to keep them can pay for them then all send them to one person who starts the box. then when its over the pedals get sent back to the person who paid for them.
-tim
fender deluxe 'verb.

Norrin Radd
Duke of Orange

Post by Norrin Radd » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:45 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ISlingGuitars</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by xTRUTHOFMYYOUTHx</i>
or Barber

</sarcasm>

Best Buy has already started carrying "legit" music gear, including some Boss pedals.

Dr. Scientist is already back ordered 80 pedals. I think he'd want to catch up first, but who knows.

Who gets the pedals? Depends on who up-fronts the $$ for them. Obviously, the manufacturer does if they supply them. If not - another thing to get worker out <i>before</i> hand.
Greg

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:26 pm

I'd be happy to build a few pedals to get going on the idea. Toss in a Switcheroo for people to play around with. Can't hurt anything, it would only advertise for any pedal people/companies.

xTRUTHOFMYYOUTHx
Orange Master

Post by xTRUTHOFMYYOUTHx » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:16 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Neiloler</i>
<br />I'd be happy to build a few pedals to get going on the idea. Toss in a Switcheroo for people to play around with. Can't hurt anything, it would only advertise for any pedal people/companies.

thatd be cool neil.

and maybe if anyone has some pedals lying around that they would want to contribute they can throw them in too.
-tim
fender deluxe 'verb.

Wired
Orange Master

Post by Wired » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:18 pm

Who gets the pedals when its all over?
Depends on how the tourbox is setup. If we involve a dealer or manufacture, then the dealer or manufacture will get the pedals back in the end.

If we organize this ourselves and buy the pedals, then we would auction the pedals off to the highest bidder in a private e-bay like style. Obviously we would have to put up a website to host it.

I agree with the Dr. Scientist thing. He's really really backed up right now to provide what we need. Since I'll have a complete collection of Dr.S's by the end of the month I would be willing to donate them to the cause...but I think I'd have an issue with letting go of my prized boxes for longer than a month.

I'd say we organize it so that each person would get a week with it. Ship out overnight USPS every Thursday or something so that way we can minimize wait times.

Of course we would have to have one person organize it and run it, keep tabs on where it is, and then organize who gets what when.

I think a Neiloler tour box would be fun!

What might be a hell of a lot of fun would be a tour box of our own built FX... I could put my English Channel into it!
-LK
RV50, Vox AC30, Gibson LP Trad '14, Gibson ES-335 '04, PRS Cu24 '10, Fender Tele Pro, Gretsch Powerjet

wkturn2008
Orange Expert

Post by wkturn2008 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:26 pm

Yes there you go, a DIY pedal kits tourbox!
Will Turner
http://wildwillyturner.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ok here's my gear:

Jackson Dinky
Fender Stratocaster
Marshall half stack
Kustom the Defender
Micro Terror on PPC108
Orange Blaster
much more