Played A Very Cool Guitar Today

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

defrag
Orange Expert

Post by defrag » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:11 pm

I love my C1 Classic.. nice features, great fit & finish. Schecter has a lot of cool guitars. The Stargazer is Ric-ish but nice.
Mesa Roadster, Egnater Rebel, Orange Terror, Blackheart Giant • Ric 360MG, Schecter C1, Martin OMC15, Moog Phatty/6 Foogers, Korg microXL/Electribe MX • Alesis, Boss, Mackie, Peterson, Radial ( o )==#
http://gamefreaks.net/defrag/personal/music.html ♪♫

jdavis
Rocker

Post by jdavis » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:59 pm

I had a Schecter that was stolen several years ago. It played and sounded awesome. Still miss that thing, I would buy another in a heartbeat. I also find myself liking the coil tap function these days. I used to hate single coils always going for that smooth humbucker growl. As I've matured through the years I am using single coil more and more as they seem more articulate and touch responsive than buckers IMO.
2 tiny terrors,Krank rev jr,pacific woodworks 412, 4 theile ported 112's w/ 25 watt greenbacks, Crate power block, Framptone 3 banger,85 explorer,jackson strat,jay turser semi hollow,custom tele, bad horsie wah, ibanez sound tank delay, member #15 Tiny Terror club

Norrin Radd
Duke of Orange

Post by Norrin Radd » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:10 pm

AND, with one of these, the manufacturer will actually warrant their product!

(Those of you who have ever had a Ric problem, will understand). ;)
Greg

chinese fork tie
Orange Master

Post by chinese fork tie » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:25 pm

but do they make a lefty model? cuz that'd be a ton easier than waiting a year to get a lefty ric.
http://myspace.com/rewritedept
i gotta movie in my head! you wanna see it?

CustomsLou
Orange Master

Post by CustomsLou » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:33 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Norrin Radd</i>
<br />AND, with one of these, the manufacturer will actually warrant their product!

(Those of you who have ever had a Ric problem, will understand). ;)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Greg, that goes back to the '60s and '70s.

Ricks had neck problems in those days.

The truss rods in old Ricks were not strong enough to bend the neck into position when making adjustments.

You had to bend the neck into position and then turn the truss rod to hold it there.

No, I'm not kidding.

Broken truss rods and necks were all too common.

They kept that horrible design into the '80s, if memory serves correctly.

They never backed up their warranty then either.

Only in the last few years did Rick acknowledge that the old design was a problem- they denied it for years.

So, if anyone ever wants to buy an old Rick, think twice, make sure that you understand what you're getting.

professor plum
Orange Master

Post by professor plum » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:52 am

thats mad chill. if i was looking for a realisticaly priced guitar thats defintaly on the top of the list...
valve.(((J0HN)))Resident village idiot
and some tech helper type said, "Gee, Mr Atkins, that guitar sure sounds fabulous!" Chet put the guitar on it's stand and said, "Well, how does it sound now?"