A cool tuner pedal? Korg PitchBlack killer?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:35 pm

So I recently found this linked to me on a local forum, and it looks like a cool little pedal. A bit more than the PitchBlack, but it seems like it might be more accurate. Do I need more accurate? Maybe not, I'm using a $20 tuner now and it does fine, but this might be the last tuner pedal I'd ever need to buy.

http://www.turbo-tuner.com/index.htm

jamison162
Orange Master

Post by jamison162 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:38 pm

The SD-2 isn't out yet though....

This is a great, true bypass tuner in small form (+/- 1 cent):

BListic
Orange Master

Post by BListic » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:39 pm

That looks like a pretty cool pedal. Last thing i need is another tuner! and this is just after i bought a pitchblack. damnit!
Bryan
Southern California
=====================
That's the most powerful trank gun on the market!
=====================

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:43 pm

The main thing that turns me on about this pedal is it's accuracy is 0.02 cent, and the PitchBlack (which I was very looking forward to getting) is 1 cent. I'm just wondering if I need to drop an extra $30 for 100x the tuner accuracy, when I've been using a $20 Korg tuner that works just fine. But I'm thinking it would be nice to spend money on one tuner and be done with it, it'll be the last thing I ever need to buy when it comes to tuning.

CustomsLou
Orange Master

Post by CustomsLou » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:45 pm

Get a Strobostomp.

You won't need any more tuners.

Le Chat Noir
Duke of Orange

Post by Le Chat Noir » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:50 pm

Play in a 2 piece, and then you don't have to worry about being in tune with anyone :D
Teddy
The Blackwater Rebellion: 2-piece alt rock duo http://theblackwaterrebellion.bandcamp.com/
I play an AD30TC

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:52 pm

The thing that I like about this pedal as opposed to the StroboStomp is that this pedal is $109 if you preorder now (I'm guessing it'll be $130 when ordered after the special), it's 10x more acurate than the strobostomp, and the StroboStomp is $200. If you don't need the DI of the StroboStomp, this might actually be the better of the two.

Unless you're hard core and only play in a two piece, then Le Chat Noir is totally right.

neonrust
Duke of Orange

Post by neonrust » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:52 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Le Chat Noir</i>
<br />Play in a 2 piece, and then you don't have to worry about being in tune with anyone :D
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

HAHAAAA! Yup...right on Teddy!
((((((((((((((((((((((((Andy))))))))))))))))))))

kittenface
Orange Master

Post by kittenface » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:00 pm

TU 2 - easy as pie

Le Chat Noir
Duke of Orange

Post by Le Chat Noir » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:10 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by neonrust</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Le Chat Noir</i>
<br />Play in a 2 piece, and then you don't have to worry about being in tune with anyone :D

HAHAAAA! Yup...right on Teddy!

Well... except yourself, of course ;) I took my ES335 clone out for a gig yesterday, and for some reason it sounded 'out of tune with itself' to me, even though the tuner said it was in tune and the intonation was good! Very weird. Guess my ears have got used to single coils and rebelled ;)
Teddy
The Blackwater Rebellion: 2-piece alt rock duo http://theblackwaterrebellion.bandcamp.com/
I play an AD30TC

yvon
Orange Expert

Post by yvon » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:15 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Neiloler</i>
<br />...it's 10x more acurate than the strobostomp, and the StroboStomp is $200. ...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

10x more accurate than the stobostomp? Are you sure?

this Peterson tuner is accurate at 0.1 cent (10x better than 1 cent)

Le Chat Noir
Duke of Orange

Post by Le Chat Noir » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:23 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by yvon</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Neiloler</i>
<br />...it's 10x more acurate than the strobostomp, and the StroboStomp is $200. ...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

10x more accurate than the stobostomp? Are you sure?

this Peterson tuner is accurate at 0.1 cent (10x better than 1 cent)

I think somewhere up there he said this one is accurate to 0.02 cent :)
Teddy
I play an AD30TC

jamison162
Orange Master

Post by jamison162 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:24 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Neiloler</i>
<br />The thing that I like about this pedal as opposed to the StroboStomp is that this pedal is $109 if you preorder now (I'm guessing it'll be $130 when ordered after the special), it's 10x more acurate than the strobostomp,<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Good luck tuning to 0.02cent with that display and your 14:1 tuners.
You need 100:1 tuning ratio to get anywhere close to that accuracy.
I like the Strobostomp because of it's scrolling display.

blacklight_uk
Orange Master

Post by blacklight_uk » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:36 pm

:( I was just about to buy it now on a pitchblack too. I don't think i personally need to be able to tune within 0.02 cent and i don't think i would do at a gig anyway. On the other hand i think Neil's right, it'd be the last tuner you ever bought...until one comes out that can tune to within a gnat's bollock of a cent.

Just my 0.02 cent AHAHAHAHAHA (i slay myself)
Josh

yvon
Orange Expert

Post by yvon » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:43 pm

Just read the specs, yes it's at 0.02 cent. Impressive. This would be 5x the precision of the strobostomp (not 100x).