A cool tuner pedal? Korg PitchBlack killer?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:28 pm

I don't think you can go wrong with the Pitch Black either, and in the end, maybe that's what I'll go with. I'm looking for readability/visibility over this can tune your guitar at 100 paces to 0.0000000001% correct, but if this pedal is that correct (ok, ok, 0.02 :p) AND it's very readable for a stage tuner, then I'll be happy with it.

defrag
Orange Expert

Post by defrag » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:30 pm

The ratio of typical machine heads won't easily allow for such tuning accuracy.

Not to mention the fact that there are many ways to tune.
Here's an interesting read:

http://gamefreaks.net/defrag/carbon_pi/ ... tuning.doc
Mesa Roadster, Egnater Rebel, Orange Terror, Blackheart Giant • Ric 360MG, Schecter C1, Martin OMC15, Moog Phatty/6 Foogers, Korg microXL/Electribe MX • Alesis, Boss, Mackie, Peterson, Radial ( o )==#
http://gamefreaks.net/defrag/personal/music.html ♪♫

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:42 pm

You can also adjust and save custom tunings with sharpened and flattened notes. Turbo Tuner > all the hateration in low tuning ratios. ;) (I realize it's like trying to fly a space shuttle with a rudder off of the mayflower, but you can't stop me! I'm getting a fancy tuner! And if I don't like it, it goes back :))

blacklight_uk
Orange Master

Post by blacklight_uk » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:46 pm

Haha! YAAAAAAYYY NEEDLESS EXTRAS!:D You tell 'em Neil! I want: more knobs, more channels, more gain, more pickup combinations and a monkey that operates my pedals for me while i play :D
Josh

blacklight_uk
Orange Master

Post by blacklight_uk » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:46 pm

Oh and did i mention sharks with frickin lazer beams on their frickin foreheads?
Josh

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:48 pm

Yeah! Let's tell 'em! Ung, 6000 posts whhhaaaaattttt? ;)

blacklight_uk
Orange Master

Post by blacklight_uk » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:51 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Neiloler</i>
<br />Yeah! Let's tell 'em! Ung, 6000 posts whhhaaaaattttt? ;)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Ooh congrats man! All those hours....

nah just kidding haha!:D
Josh

ISlingGuitars
Orange Expert

Post by ISlingGuitars » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:55 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Satanic_Versus</i>
<br />i dont use tuners, never have. no use for one, for some odd reason ever since the day i learned to tune a guitar iv always been able to hit the nail on the head. kinda weird, you can give me 5 guitars and ill tune every one perfect.

i play the enter sandman (main) riff to get the E right then i just go from there.

Jon

maybe true, but retuning mid-gig without a mute sounds horrendous, and good luck hearing if you're in tune with the volume down at a show.
Dan

blacklight_uk
Orange Master

Post by blacklight_uk » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:12 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ISlingGuitars</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Satanic_Versus</i>
<br />i dont use tuners, never have. no use for one, for some odd reason ever since the day i learned to tune a guitar iv always been able to hit the nail on the head. kinda weird, you can give me 5 guitars and ill tune every one perfect.

i play the enter sandman (main) riff to get the E right then i just go from there.

Jon

maybe true, but retuning mid-gig without a mute sounds horrendous, and good luck hearing if you're in tune with the volume down at a show.

+1 Jon i get what you mean. I do the same thing with the beginning riff from Airbag by radiohead. I can generally get that and then tune the other stings up by how they sound against the open E and then just check with harmonics, but i had to invest in a tuner for live because to me it doesn't sound professional to be audibly tuning inbetween songs. Also with the noise of everyone chattering away and if you had a guitarist and bassist trying to tune at the same time without pedals it'd be pretty difficult. Trust me i've been there!
Josh