I'm baack

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

reverbbb
Tiny Terror

Post by reverbbb » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:09 pm

I have not been around in a while since I sold my TT in order to fund a '65 Deluxe Reverb RI. Well the DRRI was also sold to fund a Marshall 1974X. This is rapidly becoming my favorite amp - except for my '79 50W Marshall head with MV.

I was hoping to catch the wave once the TT Combos started their delivery to the USA. But I have always felt that a Rocker 30 was a better fit to the sound that I like.

Early this morning, I won an auction for a used Rocker 30. The price was irresistable. I am excited about it's arrival - perhaps next week. I know what to expect in tone, but I am not sure if that is a permanent fit for my needs. If it turns out to be high on my amp list, then I will be forced to sell another amp or guitar to fund this purchase. It's a bummer, because I love all the gear that I currently own. But cash is too tight right now to sit on another purchase with new funds. Some of the possibile sacrifices up for consideration are: Dr Z Maz 18 Jr, Blues Deluxe in tweed, 2061X, '92 PRS Custom 24. These are some tough choices. But I am hoping the sound of the Rocker 30 makes my selection process easier.

BTW, I also just bought a Roland GT-10. I am liking it a lot. I suspect that this MFX will be routed mostly to the clean side of the Rocker 30. Maybe I can use an A/B switch and use both sides of the Rocker 30 somehow.