shhh...

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

bclaire
Forum Moderator
Posts: 17745
Joined: Thu May 02, 2002 9:19 pm
Location: Outside Boston MA, USA
Contact:

Post by bclaire » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:13 pm

In a couple of weeks, I might be helping John A. clean out his basement via ebay or maybe create a special page on his website for direct payment etc.

He has a TON of things he's never used or used very little that we're going to inventory and clear out. Don't know if there's going to be anything resembling a bargain in there, but overall he has just about every fuzzbox, distortion pedal, whatever there is. I might try talking him into letting me tell you guys before it goes totally public. I know there's no buying and selling but it will be like a link to a cool ebay auction or something. I'll get back to you on this...

Frank H
Orange Master
Posts: 1822
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:25 am
Location: USA

Post by Frank H » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:44 pm

I'll give him a couple bucks for one of those crappy JA signature Gibsons he might have layin around.

Image

irish_admiral
Prince of Orange
Posts: 18031
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:57 am
Location: Wales

Post by irish_admiral » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:31 pm

Likewise!

Better leave the wallet at home...
Joe

G(sus) saves

Orange AD15, Matamp 1224, Fender 'JD' Tele, G&L ASAT, Duesenberg Starplayer TV, Eggle Kanuga, Avalon D25, Warwick FNA Jazzman, Eden Nemesis / Bergantino EX112S, Eastman MD305 & other stuff...

Satanic_Versus
Orange Master
Posts: 3417
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:02 pm

Post by Satanic_Versus » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:40 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bclaire</i>
<br />In a couple of weeks, I might be helping John A. clean out his basement via ebay or maybe create a special page on his website for direct payment etc.

He has a TON of things he's never used or used very little that we're going to inventory and clear out. Don't know if there's going to be anything resembling a bargain in there, but overall he has just about every fuzzbox, distortion pedal, whatever there is. I might try talking him into letting me tell you guys before it goes totally public. I know there's no buying and selling but it will be like a link to a cool ebay auction or something. I'll get back to you on this...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

i once put a slew of gear (pedals and the such) i was selling for a friend on ebay and mentioned it here with a link to "view sellers items" (no direct links) to my ebay auctions and by popular demand of some of our users i was told to take it off. made me feel kind weird, as i was not selling anything on here, just sharing what was to be offered on ebay, none of the items had anything to do with Orange products.

just thought i should mention this,

jon
Image

bclaire
Forum Moderator
Posts: 17745
Joined: Thu May 02, 2002 9:19 pm
Location: Outside Boston MA, USA
Contact:

Post by bclaire » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:19 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Satanic_Versus</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bclaire</i>
<br />In a couple of weeks, I might be helping John A. clean out his basement via ebay or maybe create a special page on his website for direct payment etc.

He has a TON of things he's never used or used very little that we're going to inventory and clear out. Don't know if there's going to be anything resembling a bargain in there, but overall he has just about every fuzzbox, distortion pedal, whatever there is. I might try talking him into letting me tell you guys before it goes totally public. I know there's no buying and selling but it will be like a link to a cool ebay auction or something. I'll get back to you on this...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

i once put a slew of gear (pedals and the such) i was selling for a friend on ebay and mentioned it here with a link to "view sellers items" (no direct links) to my ebay auctions and by popular demand of some of our users i was told to take it off. made me feel kind weird, as i was not selling anything on here, just sharing what was to be offered on ebay, none of the items had anything to do with Orange products.

just thought i should mention this,

jon
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Yeah, I remember that. Maybe I'll just compile a list of people who would be interested to know about it when I do it instead.

Dr Dildo
Tiny Terror
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:04 am
Location: USA

Post by Dr Dildo » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:45 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Satanic_Versus</i>
<br /> i once put a slew of gear (pedals and the such) i was selling for a friend on ebay and mentioned it here with a link to "view sellers items" (no direct links) to my ebay auctions and by popular demand of some of our users i was told to take it off. made me feel kind weird, as i was not selling anything on here, just sharing what was to be offered on ebay, none of the items had anything to do with Orange products.

just thought i should mention this,

jon
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Good point. Here's the link in case anyone's interested:
http://www.orangeamps.com/forum/topic.a ... C_ID=13505 8)
Slick Willy

Drdos
Orange Master
Posts: 3159
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:48 pm
Location: USA

Post by Drdos » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:54 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Frank H</i>
<br />I'll give him a couple bucks for one of those crappy JA signature Gibsons he might have layin around.

Image
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Preach It Brother!!!
Vince

xTRUTHOFMYYOUTHx
Orange Master
Posts: 1645
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:46 pm
Location: Santa Maria, CA, USA

Post by xTRUTHOFMYYOUTHx » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:00 am

maybe we should all agree that no one will be offended by billys auction post and if no one is then you shall post it.
i honestly dont get what the big deal is. some people might be interested and if some other people arent then they dont have to click the link...
after all...you ARE the forum leader. that doesnt exactly mean you get to bend the rules for yourself but that never stopped the president
-tim
fender double fat strat through:
TT-->BYOc tri-boost-->avatar 1x12 w/ greenback.
fender deluxe 'verb.

Norrin Radd
Duke of Orange
Posts: 6826
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:17 pm
Location: USA

Post by Norrin Radd » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:11 am

D'oh! Who cares?!?!? Billy - post the links! Whenever I see the words"fuzz box" in any kind of sentence my eyes get all glossy and reason flies out the window! Seriously, I think there is an easy distinction between posting a link to an outside auction and trying to sell something <i>through</i> the forum. The key word is "through". A link to an outside site selling the gear seems to me to relieve any worries over violating the forum rules - both explicit and implied. But what do I know about technicalities.......
Greg

Heartsndspades
Orange Master
Posts: 2108
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:24 am
Location: USA

Post by Heartsndspades » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:36 am

yea post away billy!! dibs on an ocd and dmm.
Bass: orange-ad200b, obc4x10, obc1x15/ ampeg b-15/ fender Jazz/ 74' gibson grabber/ peterson stobeostomp/ ehx deluxe memory man/ malekko b:assmaster/ voodoo labs pedal power 2+/ monster bass cables
Guitar: Fender 69' Tele Thinline/ Ampeg B-15
*korey*
Image

Honeycomb-Hideout
Tiny Terror
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:28 am
Location: USA

Post by Honeycomb-Hideout » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:04 am

Dr Dildo's Sig is satirically delicious.....
Image

NiallB
Orange Master
Posts: 1128
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:12 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post by NiallB » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:10 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Norrin Radd</i>
<br />D'oh! Who cares?!?!? Billy - post the links! Whenever I see the words"fuzz box" in any kind of sentence my eyes get all glossy and reason flies out the window! Seriously, I think there is an easy distinction between posting a link to an outside auction and trying to sell something <i>through</i> the forum. The key word is "through". A link to an outside site selling the gear seems to me to relieve any worries over violating the forum rules - both explicit and implied. But what do I know about technicalities.......
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Ah so you suffer from "fuzz-box-eye-gloss-over-itus" too Greg........I tried to see a specialist about it once, but i ended up buying a big muff off him!
Fender Mexican Telecaster with seymour duncan pickups.
<br />Keeley Compressor:Ernie Ball Volume:Crowther Hotcake:Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive:Ibanez TS-808 Reissue:Boss DM2:Boss DD6
<br />
Orange AD30TC Combo

Image
Image

bclaire
Forum Moderator
Posts: 17745
Joined: Thu May 02, 2002 9:19 pm
Location: Outside Boston MA, USA
Contact:

Post by bclaire » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:03 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Norrin Radd</i>
<br />D'oh! Who cares?!?!? Billy - post the links! Whenever I see the words"fuzz box" in any kind of sentence my eyes get all glossy and reason flies out the window! Seriously, I think there is an easy distinction between posting a link to an outside auction and trying to sell something <i>through</i> the forum. The key word is "through". A link to an outside site selling the gear seems to me to relieve any worries over violating the forum rules - both explicit and implied. But what do I know about technicalities.......
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Greg-

I'll keep you in the loop with the stuff he has. Or at least THINKS he has. He has a whole bunch of things and I suspect some that he doesn't know he has! But he has mentioned some of the things to me (which generally goes in one ear and out the other since I don't really use pedals) but I know there's a lot of boutique pedals in there somewhere.

Secondhand Dan
Orange Master
Posts: 1326
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 10:59 pm
Location: New York City
Contact:

Post by Secondhand Dan » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:08 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bclaire</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Norrin Radd</i>
<br />D'oh! Who cares?!?!? Billy - post the links! Whenever I see the words"fuzz box" in any kind of sentence my eyes get all glossy and reason flies out the window! Seriously, I think there is an easy distinction between posting a link to an outside auction and trying to sell something <i>through</i> the forum. The key word is "through". A link to an outside site selling the gear seems to me to relieve any worries over violating the forum rules - both explicit and implied. But what do I know about technicalities.......
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Greg-

I'll keep you in the loop with the stuff he has. Or at least THINKS he has. He has a whole bunch of things and I suspect some that he doesn't know he has! But he has mentioned some of the things to me (which generally goes in one ear and out the other since I don't really use pedals) but I know there's a lot of boutique pedals in there somewhere.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Billy,
Keep me notified too if you don't mind, I'm in the market for some goodies
'65 Guild Starfire III--Custom 52 HR Tele--Custom Hollow Strat--BYOC Phaser--ZVex Box of Rock--EB VP Jr--Oler ABY--Malekko 616--Tech 21 Boost RVB--AD30r--Orange TT

Image

Bink
Orange Master
Posts: 2494
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:16 pm
Location: Texas, USA

Post by Bink » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:17 pm

I'd just love to know what he actually has! Would be cool just to see it all.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Frank H</i>
<br />I'll give him a couple bucks for one of those crappy JA signature Gibsons he might have layin around.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Yeah I'd take one of those off him as a project guitar for a nominal fee - don't suppose they'd be much good but I'm sure I'd make do :p
Chris
PRS CU22
Present: TT, PPC 112 (Heritage G12M)
Past: AD15
Image Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 63 guests