40th Anniversary Custom Shop Announcement

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

airforce_brian
Orange Master

Post by airforce_brian » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:16 pm

If I had the money lying around I would try and grab one for sure. That being said, who has $6000 lying around! I'll bet they sound great though, just keep it at home in my bedroom and play it, use another amp for gigging.
PRS Custom 24
American Vintage 62 Jazzmaster
Orange AD140
Orange PPC 412
http://www.myspace.com/brianellismusic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

alexauxier
Forum Admin

Post by alexauxier » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:50 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pacemaker</i>
<br />Maybe by then I'll be able to summon one (or five) to my huge mansion in Southern California, and say, "Let it be so, I would like to have one of these without having to go to a shop to buy one. Thank you Orange." All from a throne, mind you.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

That's so creepy.
--
Alex Auxier
Orange Amps
Artist Relations Manager

alexauxier
Forum Admin

Post by alexauxier » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:55 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bink</i>
<br />Alex - are you able to confirm whether the OR50 will continue to be made in 2009 or whther it is only being built this year?

No, I'm not able to confirm that at this time.
--
Alex Auxier
Orange Amps
Artist Relations Manager

Orphin
Duke of Orange

Post by Orphin » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:04 pm

What makes it so silly is that nothing in the amp is actually worth that kind of money. The only thing that makes these amps valuable is that the're only made in 40 copies.
Just another of Cliff Cooper's ideas to make a lot of money as cheap as possible, and all of you are swallowing the bait like hungry fish. :?
David
I'm speaking out of my a$$. Yours might differ.

Honeycomb-Hideout
Tiny Terror

Post by Honeycomb-Hideout » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:11 pm

^ Ugh. Spare us your lectures on how we're idiots and you seemingly have everything figured out....I think that can be charecterized as being an " arrogant douche-bag."

Bink
Orange Master

Post by Bink » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:13 pm

What IS worth money? What you may think is valuable, I may not. Is a painting by (insert artist) really worth millions? Is an E-type worth tens of thousands? If you stripped it and sold the metal would you get the same money back? No.

A lot of it is supply-demand based. Some of it is based on desirability (which influences demand).

It may not be worth it to you, but in all reality if they only make 40 it's very likely to go up in value (just look at what people are selling AD5s for).

All of these things maybe aren't 'worth' the asking price, but demand dictates that they are only likely to go up in value if maintained in good condition as the availability of them decreases through natural degradation in time.

At the end of the day, something is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.
Chris
PRS CU22
Present: TT, PPC 112 (Heritage G12M)
Past: AD15
Image Image

Heartsndspades
Orange Master

Post by Heartsndspades » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:20 pm

uhm 5999 is the list correct? not the sale price which will prob be in the high 4k range? not too bad considering boutique amps out there? or am i wrong (of course im wrong thinking high 4k isnt bad for any amp lol).
Bass: orange-ad200b, obc4x10, obc1x15/ ampeg b-15/ fender Jazz/ 74' gibson grabber/ peterson stobeostomp/ ehx deluxe memory man/ malekko b:assmaster/ voodoo labs pedal power 2+/ monster bass cables
Guitar: Fender 69' Tele Thinline/ Ampeg B-15
*korey*

Orphin
Duke of Orange

Post by Orphin » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:30 pm

Yeah, but their main priority seems to be to build an amp that is extremely valuable, to me, that the wrong lines of thinking.

Someone's having a bad day. Cheer up mate, you're soon to spend a fortune on a new amp.. :)
David
I'm speaking out of my a$$. Yours might differ.

Satanic_Versus
Orange Master

Post by Satanic_Versus » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:32 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Orphin</i>
<br />What makes it so silly is that nothing in the amp is actually worth that kind of money. The only thing that makes these amps valuable is that the're only made in 40 copies.
Just another of Cliff Cooper's ideas to make a lot of money as cheap as possible, and all of you are swallowing the bait like hungry fish. :?

its call business. this is how its done. its a one of a kind collectors item, it will make Orange money and and it will be an investment for the consumer.

i really don't have a problem that Orange is offering a limit edition item at a high dollar cost. all companys do this, IE: Gibson, Fender, Marshall.. they all do it. why not Orange?

Jon

Jon

howdy-doo
Orange Master

Post by howdy-doo » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:15 pm

i hope the non-customshop or50 is gonna be a normal production amp, otherwise i'll never be able to buy one :(
Liam

TJ_Lee
Orange Master

Post by TJ_Lee » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:21 pm

Whoa guys. Chill out. Its just a high priced amp due to its exclusiveness, which is the nature of making a limited run amp.
Fender Telecaster '52 AVRI > Korg PB > Keeley BD-2 > Zendrive > Boss DD-3 > Boss DD-20 > Dr. Z Maz 18 > Two-Rock 212

Hit List: Two-Rock Emerald Pro/Bruno Cowtipper Pro II 35

ECWeagles
Orange Master

Post by ECWeagles » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:36 pm

True, but without wishing to splash the "M" word about too much, Matamp will hand build you pretty much anything you want for £1,000 and with a lifetime warranty.
Jeremy

Many guitars, many pedals.

"God is most glorified in us, when we are most satisfied in him." John Piper

TJ_Lee
Orange Master

Post by TJ_Lee » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:41 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ECWeagles</i>
<br />True, but without wishing to splash the "M" word about too much, Matamp will hand build you pretty much anything you want for £1,000 and with a lifetime warranty.
Haha, I didn't want to say it. You said it, and that would be my first choice for sure.
Fender Telecaster '52 AVRI > Korg PB > Keeley BD-2 > Zendrive > Boss DD-3 > Boss DD-20 > Dr. Z Maz 18 > Two-Rock 212

Hit List: Two-Rock Emerald Pro/Bruno Cowtipper Pro II 35

paulb
Orange Expert

Post by paulb » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:00 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Orphin</i>
<br />What makes it so silly is that nothing in the amp is actually worth that kind of money. The only thing that makes these amps valuable is that the're only made in 40 copies.

Even if all 40 amps go for $6000, that's only $240,000. Not exactly a King's ransome. Besides, something is only valuable if you place a value on it. I'm all for fair market value. The last time I checked, a diamond was really only worth something if you're trying to cut a very hard surface, but I still bought one for my wife when I asked her to marry me. It was worth it to me.

Oranges are sweet!

alexauxier
Forum Admin

Post by alexauxier » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:50 pm

<br />Yeah, but their main priority seems to be to build an amp that is extremely valuable, to me, that the wrong lines of thinking.

Someone's having a bad day. Cheer up mate, you're soon to spend a fortune on a new amp.. :)

Hmmmm. I couldn't disagree more. Our goal was to create something unique that would not only stand the test of time, but also stand at the forefront of our product line as a testament to our thinking.

Some of you have said that "Cliff just wants to make money quickly" - how negative and short-sighted. If this was your first reaction, then you don't know Cliff and you certainly don't understand his philosophy. Sure, it is an expensive amplifier, but it will increase in value - that's a given - and it does sound better than 99% of amplifiers I've ever heard (Opinion, I know, but as an Orange fan I'm sure you'll find some truth in this statement).

Based on that alone I would suggest that Cliff and Adrian have created an amp that transcends money. Its more like a celebration, a gift to those die-hard fans who just "get it" and want to own a piece of that history.

So nay-say away you negative Nancys, but someone (perhaps John Fogerty, who by the way drooled over "Jennifer" at NAMM) is going to own the rarest Orange amp ever made...and you're not.

And seriously, it sounds amazing. Like, "cry yourself to sleep" amazing.
--
Alex Auxier
Orange Amps
Artist Relations Manager