40th Anniversary Custom Shop Announcement

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

alexauxier
Forum Admin

Post by alexauxier » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:00 pm

Hey Everyone,

For those of you interested in the street date of the 40th Anniversary Custom Shop, expect to see (2) of them available - Jennifer and Isabella - from a soon-to-be-determined Orange dealer no later than July 1st.

This is truly the rarest Orange amplifier ever created, and future values are set to skyrocket. The list cost has been set at $5,999.00.

Do you think you'll be making an attempt at purchasing this unique amp? Let us know your thoughts...

Cheers,

Alex
--
Alex Auxier
Orange Amps
Artist Relations Manager

blacklight_uk
Orange Master

Post by blacklight_uk » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:03 pm

I'm just checking that there is still a market for spare kidneys...

I'll get back to you
Josh

nerd
Orange Expert

Post by nerd » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:04 pm

So the other 38 already have owners?

onewaycpr
Orange Master

Post by onewaycpr » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:04 pm

i would love to try one of these guys or "girls" out lol

Blainy
Orange Master

Post by Blainy » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:05 pm

If I win the lottery this weekend I'll be weighing in!

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:06 pm

Interesting... I received this email today- is £699 correct?:

The unique tone of the 40th Anniversary Edition makes these amps a distinctive attention grabber.
First made famous in the 70's by Bill Wyman and Brian Jones, the amps are each is identifiable by girls’ names rather than serial numbers, each in the series shares the same controls and all are

non-master volume designs and booming 50 watts with a built in 30 watts Class ‘A’ switch. Some are closer in design
with the ‘Plexi’ circuit, whilst others sound quite different. As for the tone - its tone-tastic!
The cab is fitted with four 16 ohm Celestion G12 30 H speakers and incorporates a centre post just like the 4x12 cabinets that went with the original 70’s ‘Pics Only’ amps.

Each head has a different design and voicing with each one confirmed with a photo of the inside authorised by The Custom Shop.

If it weren’t for the Gold Piping and a limited edition 40th anniversary badge you would believe it was an original.
But can you get one? With only 40 available Worldwide there are slim pickings!
£699 Available now from www.nevadamusic.co.uk

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:09 pm

OK, looks like a typo in the email, but check their website:

http://www.nevadamusic.co.uk/Amplifiers ... p6807.aspx

That's reasonable actually....

blacklight_uk
Orange Master

Post by blacklight_uk » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:12 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bclaire</i>
<br />Interesting... I received this email today- is £699 correct?:

The unique tone of the 40th Anniversary Edition makes these amps a distinctive attention grabber.
First made famous in the 70's by Bill Wyman and Brian Jones, the amps are each is identifiable by girls’ names rather than serial numbers, each in the series shares the same controls and all are

non-master volume designs and booming 50 watts with a built in 30 watts Class ‘A’ switch. Some are closer in design
with the ‘Plexi’ circuit, whilst others sound quite different. As for the tone - its tone-tastic!
The cab is fitted with four 16 ohm Celestion G12 30 H speakers and incorporates a centre post just like the 4x12 cabinets that went with the original 70’s ‘Pics Only’ amps.

Each head has a different design and voicing with each one confirmed with a photo of the inside authorised by The Custom Shop.

If it weren’t for the Gold Piping and a limited edition 40th anniversary badge you would believe it was an original.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Yep for the 4x12 that is:)
Josh

alexauxier
Forum Admin

Post by alexauxier » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:16 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bclaire</i>

Some of the world dealers already have units to sell.
--
Alex Auxier
Orange Amps
Artist Relations Manager

BrianGT
Duke of Orange

Post by BrianGT » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:16 pm

"First made famous by Bill Wyman and Brian Jones in the 70's"....

Brian Jones died 2nd July 1969.........my birthday.

I think there's a few typo's in there........:D
BrianGT
http://www.myspace.com/gentlethunderband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PopnFresh
Orange Master

Post by PopnFresh » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:16 pm

I'm so there this weekend, Nevada is about 10mins from my work! Expect reviews ASAP!

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:19 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by PopnFresh</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bclaire</i>

I'm so there this weekend, Nevada is about 10mins from my work! Expect reviews ASAP!

SWEET! You will be the envy of the forum! Especially if the amp is "Rachel!"

BobbyBert
Rocker

Post by BobbyBert » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:21 pm

Today, I saw "Michelle" in montreal.( available)
Can I post a link of the store?

PopnFresh
Orange Master

Post by PopnFresh » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:25 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BobbyBert</i>
<br />Today, I saw "Michelle" in montreal.( available)
Can I post a link of the store?

Screw that, we need a video of you playing it!

Drdos
Orange Master

Post by Drdos » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:50 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by blacklight_uk</i>
<br />I'm just checking that there is still a market for spare kidneys...

I'll get back to you

hehehe you took the words right out of my mouth...:D
Vince