Can you guys give me some info....

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Joshlespaul1952

Post by Joshlespaul1952 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:59 am

on the Fender Super Six? I've always wanted to try one out, but they're extremely hard to come by it seems. Chinese Fork Tie has one, maybe he can chime in...Thanks guys!

chinese fork tie
Orange Master

Post by chinese fork tie » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:12 am

best amp ever. if you use a lot of effects (as i do), the six speakers are perfect. note definition is amazing. the tone is completely clean, and then once you kick in the fuzz, it gets so loud. i think i'm suffering some pretty major hearing loss from standing so close to this thing during practice. great advantage too, is that it's such a tall amp. with a twin or something smaller, you'd have to put it up on a chair or a stand to get the sound to project nicely. this thing comes up to my chest and looks so much sweeter than a half stack, and the height causes the sound to be right at ear level when you play.

funny thing was, when i found mine, it was $400 less than a twin from the same year. a lot of people complain about the size of it, but i can move mine by myself easily (for the record, i'm 5'6" and weigh about 150, so i'm not all that big, and this amp weighs probably 100 lbs). if you don't have yr own ride, i wouldn't recommend getting one, as it takes up a lot of space to transport. granted, i can't complain about that with all the crap i drag to gigs now.

i'll have some recordings up later tonight of my band playing with the super six for all the guitar parts, so you can check the sound from clean to overkill (2 delays, a cranked big muff, crowther p+c and tremolo all at THE SAME TIME). i'll post it.
http://myspace.com/rewritedept
i gotta movie in my head! you wanna see it?

Joshlespaul1952

Post by Joshlespaul1952 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:16 am

Okay, thanks for the help. Yeah, I'd be running a few pedals (16...) through the amp...I'll have a Toyota FJ2 later this year, so that'll take care of moving it. I already have a Fender Hot Rod...the clean is really nice, but it breaks up way too early.

chinese fork tie
Orange Master

Post by chinese fork tie » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:21 am

with the SS it depnds on what tubes you've got in it, i've got sovteks in mine and it actually sounds damn good.
http://myspace.com/rewritedept
i gotta movie in my head! you wanna see it?

Joshlespaul1952

Post by Joshlespaul1952 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:22 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by chinese fork tie</i>
<br />with the SS it depnds on what tubes you've got in it, i've got sovteks in mine and it actually sounds damn good.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
I've got JJ's in my HR. I need to put some lower gain tubes in...

Joshlespaul1952

Post by Joshlespaul1952 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:30 am

One last thing...does anyone have any experience with this amp? It's the only other Fender I'm interested in:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=483710

BrianGT
Duke of Orange

Post by BrianGT » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:52 am

Josh........I used to have one of those Vibroverbs with the 15 inch speaker.......and I realy and truly wish I still had it!
The clean sound was clear and bold......the 15 inch really sounded great. The top end was sweet but not subdued and the bass was clear and solid......one of those amps I wish i had kept.
I am looking out for one for myself..........purely for loud cleans.....
Make sure you try it out...the 15 is a killer!
BrianGT
http://www.myspace.com/gentlethunderband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Joshlespaul1952

Post by Joshlespaul1952 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:54 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BrianGT</i>
<br />Josh........I used to have one of those Vibroverbs with the 15 inch speaker.......and I realy and truly wish I still had it!
The clean sound was clear and bold......the 15 inch really sounded great. The top end was sweet but not subdued and the bass was clear and solid......one of those amps I wish i had kept.
I am looking out for one for myself..........purely for loud cleans.....
Make sure you try it out...the 15 is a killer!
Thanks for the help Brian!

renton
Rocker

Post by renton » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:15 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Joshlespaul1952</i>
<br />Okay, thanks for the help. Yeah, I'd be running a few pedals (16...) through the amp...I'll have a Toyota FJ2 later this year, so that'll take care of moving it. I already have a Fender Hot Rod...the clean is really nice, but it breaks up way too early.

What tubes are you using in the Hot Rod?? And what speakers does it have?
Markus

Joshlespaul1952

Post by Joshlespaul1952 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:20 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by renton</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Joshlespaul1952</i>
<br />Okay, thanks for the help. Yeah, I'd be running a few pedals (16...) through the amp...I'll have a Toyota FJ2 later this year, so that'll take care of moving it. I already have a Fender Hot Rod...the clean is really nice, but it breaks up way too early.

What tubes are you using in the Hot Rod?? And what speakers does it have?
JJ 12AX7's/6L6GC's. The stock speakers, whatever they are...