Led Zeppelin

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Leron

Post by Leron » Mon Feb 10, 2003 11:50 pm

I know for a fact that Jimmy has used oranges and matamps in the past for live work but I was wondering if an old orange/matamp could sound similar to any of his sounds (especially his live work such as on The Song Remains The Same and BBC sessions). Sorry if that's a bit of a stupid question.
Thanks, Leon

lix

Post by lix » Tue Feb 11, 2003 3:17 pm

That's not a stupid question at all. I've wondered the same thing. I don't think I've ever read anything in a mag where anyone even asked him about his Orange gear. I'd love to hear his comments on those old Orange Matamps. Funny how you rarely see the Orange halfstack in the wall of Marshalls he used to use, but it was there.
FYI...I've always heard Jeff Beck used an Overdrive 120 halfstack for the entire "BLOW BY BLOW" album.

LiX

Tibor
Orange Hero

Post by Tibor » Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:13 pm

i was told he only used it for the theremin,he used to play...of course i have seen pix with him marshall,univox and orange Amps...but who know which one he played....

Why is an ORANGE, orange? If it would be Green it would be an apple....

George

Post by George » Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:26 pm

I saw Pagey on the Jay Leno show doing the Wanton Song, with the Black Crows and he had an Orange head and Marshall 4x12 cabinet. It sounded freaking unbelievable! He is known to do some customizing of his gear, so who knows what was inside of those boxes, or his boxes in the past.

Orange is Great!!!

George Glennon
George Glennon

Leron

Post by Leron » Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:55 pm

Thanks for your help, now I want an orange even more!