Confused. Edited

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Joey22

Post by Joey22 » Mon May 26, 2008 8:27 pm

Whats the difference between the RC booster and the AC booster?

EDIT:

Okay I think I figured it out from the names of the pedal and proguitarshop.com videos

The Almost Clean (AC) booster has more gain than the Real Clean(RC) booster.

Joshlespaul1952

Post by Joshlespaul1952 » Mon May 26, 2008 8:29 pm

I THINK that the difference is the RC booster is just a clean boost meant to not color your tone at all, just to boost it, and the AC is actually supposed to change the tone through the manipulation of some variable, gain, etc...

Joey22

Post by Joey22 » Mon May 26, 2008 8:34 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Joshlespaul1952</i>
<br />I THINK that the difference is the RC booster is just a clean boost meant to not color your tone at all, just to boost it, and the AC is actually supposed to change the tone through the manipulation of some variable, gain, etc...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

That's what I thought, but the RC has bass, treble, and gain controls also...

xTRUTHOFMYYOUTHx
Orange Master

Post by xTRUTHOFMYYOUTHx » Mon May 26, 2008 8:35 pm

i think...
AC=almost clean
RC= really clean
i heard that somewhere on the forum
-tim
fender double fat strat through:
TT-->BYOc tri-boost-->avatar 1x12 w/ greenback.
fender deluxe 'verb.

Joshlespaul1952

Post by Joshlespaul1952 » Mon May 26, 2008 8:36 pm

Maybe Luke (wired) will chime in, after all, he's played every pedal invented I'm pretty sure...

Joey22

Post by Joey22 » Mon May 26, 2008 8:44 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Joshlespaul1952</i>
<br />Maybe Luke (wired) will chime in, after all, he's played every pedal invented I'm pretty sure...

Haha

Joey22

Post by Joey22 » Mon May 26, 2008 8:44 pm

Okay I figured it out...

Joey22

Post by Joey22 » Mon May 26, 2008 8:48 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by xTRUTHOFMYYOUTHx</i>
<br />i think...
AC=almost clean
RC= really clean
i heard that somewhere on the forum

Yeah I just discovered that, I'm pretty sure the AC has a bit more gain...

hero
Tiny Terror

Post by hero » Mon May 26, 2008 8:52 pm

this has been talked about before... basically the RC booster has less gain than the AC booster. The RC is primarily just for giving a volume boost, with very little coloration of tone. other than this it can give slight gain/crunch, or used to boost treble or bass, depending on the settings. The AC booster has more of its own tone and has a reasonable amount of gain available, so can be used as a nice smooth overdrive, almost even distortion if you turn the gain right up. Both pedals are great, just depends what you are looking for.
Jason Turner.

Wired
Orange Master

Post by Wired » Mon May 26, 2008 8:55 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by hero</i>
<br />this has been talked about before... basically the RC booster has less gain than the AC booster. The RC is primarily just for giving a volume boost, with very little coloration of tone. other than this it can give slight gain/crunch, or used to boost treble or bass, depending on the settings. The AC booster has more of its own tone and has a reasonable amount of gain available, so can be used as a nice smooth overdrive, almost even distortion if you turn the gain right up. Both pedals are great, just depends what you are looking for.

exactly!!!

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Maybe Luke (wired) will chime in, after all, he's played every pedal invented I'm pretty sure...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

almost, I'm working on it. :D
-LK
RV50, Vox AC30, Gibson LP Trad '14, Gibson ES-335 '04, PRS Cu24 '10, Fender Tele Pro, Gretsch Powerjet

notagain

Post by notagain » Mon May 26, 2008 11:01 pm

IMHO, and I have owned both, neither now,
I liked the AC over the RC...but that was
me...It is sometimes very wrong to listen
to old guys who don't know crap, but are
full of it!

;);););)

rrrajo
Lord of Orange

Post by rrrajo » Mon May 26, 2008 11:04 pm

I someone really getting (or gotten) a Fuchs?
Jimy...HM#5
--------------------

Joshlespaul1952

Post by Joshlespaul1952 » Mon May 26, 2008 11:05 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rrrajo</i>
<br />I someone really getting (or gotten) a Fuchs?
Yes. Albeit, it's going to take an eternity. Mowing lawns doesn't bring in the bacon very fast. It'll probably be around December...

Joey22

Post by Joey22 » Mon May 26, 2008 11:06 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by notagain</i>
<br />IMHO, and I have owned both, neither now,
I liked the AC over the RC...but that was
me...It is sometimes very wrong to listen
to old guys who don't know crap, but are
full of it!

;);););)

Why did you like the AC better? And I don't think it's wrong to listen to you Mark, I think it's right:D You know tons!!!!

notagain

Post by notagain » Mon May 26, 2008 11:07 pm

You getting a Fuchs?
I still want to see how you get into a 1x12
Avatar Cab...you could likely get on Letterman
with that tangle!