Dillion Guitars

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

deVonder
Orange Expert

Post by deVonder » Thu May 22, 2008 5:51 am

Has anyone here tried Dillion Guitars? They seem to be another brand that makes close to exact replicas of famous guitars like Gibson Goldtops, PRS's, Rickenbackers....

I have heard good things, but thats about it. Anyone actually try one, seen one, heard one?

Thanks!
Orange Rocker 30
Orange PPC2x12
Ampeg Reverberocket R12R
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Vintage Beltone Amp
Fender Jaguar
Fender Jazzmaster
Fender '72 RI Telecaster
Gibson Les Paul- Paul II
Danelectro DC-59
ESP PC-2V Semi-Hollow
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic

xTRUTHOFMYYOUTHx
Orange Master

Post by xTRUTHOFMYYOUTHx » Thu May 22, 2008 6:00 am

theres a dillion LP in my local shop. it looks pretty sweet. i could try it out soon if its still there...
maybe i will. ill shoot you a message if i do.
-tim
fender double fat strat through:
TT-->BYOc tri-boost-->avatar 1x12 w/ greenback.
fender deluxe 'verb.

JJMellow
Rocker

Post by JJMellow » Thu May 22, 2008 9:55 am

i used to own a dillion a cherry red one that resembled the ricks, but i sold it back to the store, it was pretty sweet, but way before i ever knew what good tone was supposed to be, im actually gonna look back into getting another one now that u bring it to my attention

Le Chat Noir
Duke of Orange

Post by Le Chat Noir » Thu May 22, 2008 11:52 am

They're made in Korea, and meant to be a notch above the Chinese stuff that's most places these days. I think I read they're made in the Tokai factory there, though Tokai have now shifted production to China.
Teddy
The Blackwater Rebellion: 2-piece alt rock duo http://theblackwaterrebellion.bandcamp.com/
I play an AD30TC

eeb
Rocker

Post by eeb » Thu May 22, 2008 6:42 pm

okay i played a dillion guitar for around 5 years.. mainly because i couldn't afford anything else at that point.. great little guitar for what it was.. until of course the neck fell off for no reason (seriously) I guess it lasted 5 years so that's ok for 500$

I fixed it and use it as a back up although when I compare it to my telecaster it sounds like a piece of steaming garbage juice.

MSP
Orange Master

Post by MSP » Fri May 23, 2008 3:38 am

I tried a few, probably 4 years ago. I recall that the Rick knockoff felt kinda cheap to me, the LP knock offs were alright. I'd like to try one of the SG knockoffs. I think there's exclusive to Canada.
http://www.myspace.com/sleuthband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sesroh
Orange Hero

Post by sesroh » Fri May 23, 2008 5:39 am

Look out for El Degas rickenbacker copies. Made in the 70s in Japan. The Bass player in my band uses an El Degas 4001 copy through a 1969 Traynor YBA-1 + matching 410. Sounds excellent but he has decided to replace the bridge pick-up with the seymour duncan rickenbacker bridge pick-up.
ImageImage

MSP
Orange Master

Post by MSP » Fri May 23, 2008 8:48 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sesroh</i>
<br />Look out for El Degas rickenbacker copies. Made in the 70s in Japan. The Bass player in my band uses an El Degas 4001 copy through a 1969 Traynor YBA-1 + matching 410. Sounds excellent but he has decided to replace the bridge pick-up with the seymour duncan rickenbacker bridge pick-up.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
The brown guitar in my signature is an El Degas. They're pretty cool players.
http://www.myspace.com/sleuthband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;