PPC 212???

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

arancione

Post by arancione » Mon May 19, 2008 2:46 pm

Hi
I've a Tiny Terror which actcually I'm using through a 1x12" self -made cab with V30 and i'm thinking to upgrade that with an original Orange cab: the PPC 212. I play guitar just in my room and I have not a band, so do you think that a 2x12" is too loud to play at house or I can obtain a good sound also at reasonable volume?
I tried the PPC 212 in a shop and I think it's an awesome cab!
Sorry for my bad English...
Thanks
Bye
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266 - Fender Blues Junior - PPC212 - Handmade 1x12 cab with Celestion G12H - Fender RI '70 - Gibson Les Paul R8 VOS - EHX Hot Tubes - EHX English Muff'n - Mr T Over Boost - Cry Baby 535- Boss RC2 - Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive - Boss GE-7 - Dunlop Rotovibe - Lovepedal Les Lius - Hughes and Kettner Tube Factor ..... waiting for Dual Terror

Peau d Orange
Rocker

Post by Peau d Orange » Mon May 19, 2008 2:56 pm

First of all, your english is very good. Now about the PPC212. I own one and agree that it is a great cab. It also gets better with age (like wine ;)]) due to speaker break in. Your amp will not be any more louder due to a bigger cab or more speakers. It's still the same energy going in, it's just spread around more. You will notice more depth and a 3D sound qiality because of there being 2 speakers. I get good bedroom level sounds with mine and I'm using a Rockerverb 50 head. The main draw back is the size and weight but it's better then a 4x12 and sounds as big as one if you want. :)

arancione

Post by arancione » Mon May 19, 2008 3:05 pm

What do you say was my idea, but now I have the confirm of that...
The combination Rockerverb - PPC 212 is my dream, but they are so expensive... now I think i will buy onl the cab that with is good also with the Tiny Terror, maybe in the future....
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266 - Fender Blues Junior - PPC212 - Handmade 1x12 cab with Celestion G12H - Fender RI '70 - Gibson Les Paul R8 VOS - EHX Hot Tubes - EHX English Muff'n - Mr T Over Boost - Cry Baby 535- Boss RC2 - Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive - Boss GE-7 - Dunlop Rotovibe - Lovepedal Les Lius - Hughes and Kettner Tube Factor ..... waiting for Dual Terror

Peau d Orange
Rocker

Post by Peau d Orange » Mon May 19, 2008 4:00 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by arancione</i>
<br />What do you say was my idea, but now I have the confirm of that...
The combination Rockerverb - PPC 212 is my dream, but they are so expensive... now I think i will buy onl the cab that with is good also with the Tiny Terror, maybe in the future....
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I think this is a good plan. It's a good idea to add equipment step-wise and just keep adding on until you get the set-up you want. I think the TT + PPC212 will be a good combo and if you get a RV head in the future, well that combo is sublime. If you can, try to hang on to the TT and 1x12. You may be tempted to sell these but you probably won't get what they are worth and variety is key when it comes to music. Cheers! :)

big L
Rocker

Post by big L » Tue May 20, 2008 1:25 am

I have a TT and PPC 212 combination and I love it. It sounds DEEP. Really rocks. It is not so much heavy as cumbersome because of its shape. It's a keeper.

rrrajo
Lord of Orange

Post by rrrajo » Tue May 20, 2008 1:27 am

I would get the 212 especially seeing as you will not be moving it around too much.
Jimy...HM#5
--------------------