Fender Deluxe Lonestar Strat

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

d.vid
Tiny Terror

Post by d.vid » Wed May 14, 2008 5:47 am

have any of you played one? whats you take on it?
i play one in guitar center the other day and i LOVED it! great tone and feel! you wouldn't think its MIM! i REALY love the Duncan Pearly Gates pickup in the bridge. sounds so good. the only thing is i like a nice, fat, humbucker tone in the neck too.

if i got that guitar, would it be hard to install a humbucker in the neck position? (currently a single coil)
-David

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

rrrajo
Lord of Orange

Post by rrrajo » Wed May 14, 2008 8:24 am

I had one in the 90's. I don't believe it was MIM, although I believe the newer ones now are. I enjoyed it and sadly parted ways with it.
Jimy...HM#5
--------------------

the_blue_bomber
Orange Master

Post by the_blue_bomber » Wed May 14, 2008 3:20 pm

I've got an American Fat Strat Texas Special, which is what the name of the original LoneStar Strat was changed to before it was discontinued. It's a nice guitar, as long as you're okay with the bridge pickup always being about twice as loud as the other pickups. The pickup choice is odd in these guitars, since the single coils are dull and muffled-sounding Texas Specials, and the Pearly Gates Plus humbucker is particularly bright and fairly "nasally" in the bridge position. It seems as though the more logical choice would have been to to but the louder, brighter pickup in the neck position, but I guess Fender didn't think so.
I used to have more Orange stuff. Now I just have a PPC412 (black), and a Micro Crush.

Peau d Orange
Rocker

Post by Peau d Orange » Wed May 14, 2008 3:42 pm

+1 on what Blue Bomber wrote. I have the American made Texas Fat Strat with the SD bridge pick up as well. I honestly don't use it much anymore because my RV50 loves single coils big time. However, It used to be my main guitar with my old rig because it has alot of different sounds in it, a must if you are playing covers. We are mainly doing original work now and "my sound" is a Tele through the RV50.

P.S. Oh my Lord! I just looked at that sig pic on bottom/middle. Please, please put that beautiful Tele on a stand. I personally witnessed one of my friends guitars slide to the ground and head stock break off. My '52 RI Tele gets bubble wrapped twice and placed in lock down when I'm not with her. Actually, come to think about it, my wife gets the same treatment. :D

d.vid
Tiny Terror

Post by d.vid » Wed May 14, 2008 4:42 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by the_blue_bomber</i>
<br />I've got an American Fat Strat Texas Special, which is what the name of the original LoneStar Strat was changed to before it was discontinued. It's a nice guitar, as long as you're okay with the bridge pickup always being about twice as loud as the other pickups. The pickup choice is odd in these guitars, since the single coils are dull and muffled-sounding Texas Specials, and the Pearly Gates Plus humbucker is particularly bright and fairly "nasally" in the bridge position. It seems as though the more logical choice would have been to to but the louder, brighter pickup in the neck position, but I guess Fender didn't think so.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

yeah, i noticed the huge volume drop when switching from the humbucker to the single coils: thats one reason why i was wanting to know if it would be hard to install a humbucker in the bridge. :)
-David

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

d.vid
Tiny Terror

Post by d.vid » Wed May 14, 2008 4:58 pm

*i mean, in the Neck position. 8)
-David

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage