Sunny Day Delay (Sorry guys, had to ask)

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

WannaBWeiland
Orange Master

Post by WannaBWeiland » Tue May 13, 2008 3:13 pm

How does it sound with distortion? Who has compared one with a Line 6 DL4? Where do I get one? :D[:p]
Gear:
'93 Gibson Les Paul Standard
Breedlove Studio C250/EO
Mesa Stiletto Ace
Mesa Vertical 2x12
CAE wah, Pitchblack, BB Preamp, Timmy, DM-2W

...and The Rumsfield

Norrin Radd
Duke of Orange

Post by Norrin Radd » Tue May 13, 2008 3:17 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by WannaBWeiland</i>
<br />How does it sound with distortion? Who has compared one with a Line 6 DL4? Where do I get one? :D[:p]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Sounds great with distortion - especially when modulating the repeats! ;)

You can get one direct or find someone who has one in stock:

http://www.drscientist.ca/

http://www.drscientist.ca/stores.php
Greg

WannaBWeiland
Orange Master

Post by WannaBWeiland » Tue May 13, 2008 3:20 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Norrin Radd</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by WannaBWeiland</i>
<br />How does it sound with distortion? Who has compared one with a Line 6 DL4? Where do I get one? :D[:p]

I noticed there are QUITE a few designs, do they allow you to pick or are you just kind of surprised when you get it?
Gear:
Breedlove Studio C250/EO
Mesa Stiletto Ace
Mesa Vertical 2x12

...and The Rumsfield

Norrin Radd
Duke of Orange

Post by Norrin Radd » Tue May 13, 2008 3:21 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by WannaBWeiland</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Norrin Radd</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by WannaBWeiland</i>

I noticed there are QUITE a few designs, do they allow you to pick or are you just kind of surprised when you get it?

Not only can you pick - you can suggest a new design that you would like and Ryan will do it. I was going to get one of his pedals in a scheme to match my RV50 head. I still might.......
Greg

WannaBWeiland
Orange Master

Post by WannaBWeiland » Tue May 13, 2008 3:36 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Norrin Radd</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Norrin Radd</i>

Not only can you pick - you can suggest a new design that you would like and Ryan will do it. I was going to get one of his pedals in a scheme to match my RV50 head. I still might.......

No kidding... :)

I might have to look into it. I have the Line 6 DL4 and it's really nice to have the 3 switchable delays, but to have a better sounding delay is a whole different thing. Not to mention one that is scarcely seen. Think I'm in the right direction?
Gear:
Breedlove Studio C250/EO
Mesa Stiletto Ace
Mesa Vertical 2x12

...and The Rumsfield

TJ_Lee
Orange Master

Post by TJ_Lee » Tue May 13, 2008 3:39 pm

I'm going to do the best of both worlds, have a DL-4 and a SDD. :)
Fender Telecaster '52 AVRI > Korg PB > Keeley BD-2 > Zendrive > Boss DD-3 > Boss DD-20 > Dr. Z Maz 18 > Two-Rock 212

Hit List: Two-Rock Emerald Pro/Bruno Cowtipper Pro II 35

Wired
Orange Master

Post by Wired » Tue May 13, 2008 3:47 pm

The SDD is unreal.

I really wish Ryan would come here and say hi... I throw him links to our threads enough times. :)

But anyways, the SDD works really really well with distortion of all kinds. IT has a really nice crystal clear warm vibe that cuts through the mix. I personally don't use the mod feature very much, but I never have on any delay.

Sure there is no tap tempo, but it's a small price to pay for a great delay pedal that will wow you.

Ryan will build you the pedal to order (as is the case with all 'factory orders' and allow you to choose your design or help out on a new one. The Reverberator in the blue sparkle with blue stripes (the 'Tron' styled one)....I got the first one as I asked for it in that scheme. Love it!

I'm going to get him to do me a Cosmi soon.

P.S. DL4 sounds like grandmothers farts compared to a SDD
-LK
RV50, Vox AC30, Gibson LP Trad '14, Gibson ES-335 '04, PRS Cu24 '10, Fender Tele Pro, Gretsch Powerjet

WannaBWeiland
Orange Master

Post by WannaBWeiland » Tue May 13, 2008 3:55 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Wired</i>
<br />The SDD is unreal...

...DL4 sounds like grandmothers farts compared to a SDD

Well sir, that's all I need to know! Haha. DL4 will be on eBay tonight.
Gear:
Breedlove Studio C250/EO
Mesa Stiletto Ace
Mesa Vertical 2x12

...and The Rumsfield

Wired
Orange Master

Post by Wired » Tue May 13, 2008 5:14 pm

<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Wired</i>
<br />The SDD is unreal...

...DL4 sounds like grandmothers farts compared to a SDD

Well sir, that's all I need to know! Haha. DL4 will be on eBay tonight.

no no no.... you will send your DL4 to me so I can play with the looper functions. I will then return it when I'm done pre-production of my project and you can list it then. :D
-LK
RV50, Vox AC30, Gibson LP Trad '14, Gibson ES-335 '04, PRS Cu24 '10, Fender Tele Pro, Gretsch Powerjet

Bluz57
Prince of Orange

Post by Bluz57 » Tue May 13, 2008 11:25 pm

Any phone # for these guys?
Paint it blue 4 soul.

Norrin Radd
Duke of Orange

Post by Norrin Radd » Wed May 14, 2008 12:58 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bluz57</i>

They don't have one on their website, but you can email them and ask for it. I used to have it - needed it for a customs form - and he gave it to me. I've since, of course, lost it. :oops:
Greg

Mondayeyes
Orange Expert

Post by Mondayeyes » Wed May 14, 2008 1:12 am

I've been thinking about one of these. I've got a DL4 and I do like the 3 switchable delays, the only thing holding me back from the SDD is tap tempo. Maybe I could get both...
-andy

Bad Cat Hot Cat 2x12
US Telecaster
72' Telecaster Deluxe
Epiphone Sheraton II
Various Pedals used in moderation
----------------

Band
www.myspace.com/hushhushcommotion

Wired
Orange Master

Post by Wired » Wed May 14, 2008 1:26 am

he is very quick with his e-mail responses, usually happen within 12 hours in my experience.

Ryan's awesome, probably the best botique guy I've ever delt with.

The SDD's lack of tap tempo is very minor I find. If you need to have a way to adjust tempo on the fly do a google search for 'third hand' it was a controller pedal that hooked up to a toggle pot on your 'fav' FX unit that allowed you to control it expression pedal style.
-LK

notagain

Post by notagain » Wed May 14, 2008 1:28 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bluz57</i>

Clay, If you want to try one out I will send you mine,
but you will need to return it in a week or two or three.
no problem my friend! I will send you my EMMA ReezaFRATzitz
and my Empress Tremolo if you would like to check them out
too.

d.vid
Tiny Terror

Post by d.vid » Wed May 14, 2008 2:24 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by notagain</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bluz57</i>
<br />[quote]<i>Originally posted by Norrin Radd</i>
<br />[quote]<i>Originally posted by WannaBWeiland</i>

Clay, If you want to try one out I will send you mine,
but you will need to return it in a week or two or three.
no problem my friend! I will send you my EMMA ReezaFRATzitz
and my Empress Tremolo if you would like to check them out
too.

ahem.. I like that White 72 Deluxe Tele you got there Mark! will you send me that?! [:p]
-David

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage