anybody else here SICK?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

BListic
Orange Master

Post by BListic » Sat May 10, 2008 3:47 pm

I swear guys I'm about to lose it! i have been feeling like crap for the past 3 weeks.

3 weeks ago I got my wisdom teeth removed which was pretty much a week of just plain feeling horrible and a week of just not feeling 100%.

Then i go up to LA and stay with my friend (who turned out to be sick) so i stay with him all weekend, including 1 day where i spend 2 hours in a car with his super sick friend. why the guy was out of bed i have no idea.

Then i get home and monday this week i feel it come on. Tuesday, Wednesday i take work off and spend both days all day in bed. Just gets worse.

My throat is F-in KILLING ME! I go to the docs on Thursday they say i dont have strep. I come back home, friday go to work, not too bad feel ok, this morning i wake up and my throat is KILLING ME. its sooo bad i thought i was dying. I take 4 ibuprofin, and an antibiotic, which wont even do me any good if its viral..

im feeling a bit better now, it seems nights dry it out the worse cuz i breathe through my mouth when i sleep.

someone just kill me now :x

-B-
Bryan
Southern California
=====================
That's the most powerful trank gun on the market!
=====================

feider
Lord of Orange

Post by feider » Sat May 10, 2008 3:51 pm

It stinks feeling like that. :evil:
My name is Scott. This is my other forum. http://bluesguitar.forumcircle.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Satanic_Versus
Orange Master

Post by Satanic_Versus » Sat May 10, 2008 3:51 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BListic</i>
<br />I swear guys I'm about to lose it! i have been feeling like crap for the past 3 weeks.

3 weeks ago I got my wisdom teeth removed which was pretty much a week of just plain feeling horrible and a week of just not feeling 100%.

Then i go up to LA and stay with my friend (who turned out to be sick) so i stay with him all weekend, including 1 day where i spend 2 hours in a car with his super sick friend. why the guy was out of bed i have no idea.

Then i get home and monday this week i feel it come on. Tuesday, Wednesday i take work off and spend both days all day in bed. Just gets worse.

My throat is F-in KILLING ME! I go to the docs on Thursday they say i dont have strep. I come back home, friday go to work, not too bad feel ok, this morning i wake up and my throat is KILLING ME. its sooo bad i thought i was dying. I take 4 ibuprofin, and an antibiotic, which wont even do me any good if its viral..

im feeling a bit better now, it seems nights dry it out the worse cuz i breathe through my mouth when i sleep.

someone just kill me now :x

-B-
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

super sick friend :? yeah you might want to stay away from those type of friends ;)

anyway,, the allergies have been kicking in around here.

hope you feel better soon..

Jon

GuitarMD
Orange Master

Post by GuitarMD » Sat May 10, 2008 4:13 pm

+ Gargle Chloroseptic in the morning. +
I know it says spray the back of your throat, but to heck with that.
Take the top off, and gargle a bit.
Just make sure you spit it out and DO NOT swallow it.

You are right; the antibiotic won't help since it is viral.

* Get some throat lozenges with Vitamin C + Zinc. *

*Get some Afrin Nasal Spray so that your nasal passages will stay open while you sleep. *
Only use it before bed, and do NOT use it for more than 3 days in a row.

I hope you get better soon.
~GuitarMD~
Fender MIA Strat with: KTS Titanium saddles, Fralin Blues Specials and Unbucker.
Orange AD30 --> stacked PPC112 (1 V30, 1H30)
Fender Blues Deluxe (modded JJ6V6s) + Extn Cab.

JackoMBA
Orange Hero

Post by JackoMBA » Sat May 10, 2008 4:15 pm

My son had the flu bad for 5 days, then my daughter overlapped him for 7 days, then my wife got the flu bad for a week and ended up in the hosptial dehydrated and had to get IV. I didn't get sick but I called in sick 2 days two weeks ago because I just needed to recup. from being Mr Mom. I hope you feel better soon soldier.
Amps: Orange TH30, Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier, Eleven Rack, Peavey Vypyr Tube 60.
Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard LE (Manhattan Midnight blue), Greco white LP, Burny honeyburst LP, PRS Torero.

BListic
Orange Master

Post by BListic » Sat May 10, 2008 4:43 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by GuitarMD</i>
<br />+ Gargle Chloroseptic in the morning. +

*Get some Afrin Nasal Spray so that your nasal passages will stay open while you sleep. *

~GuitarMD~

well ive been using magic mouthwash to numb the area but i dont even know if its helping, it feels like it just makes it worse when it wears off.

i just ran out of zinc losenges im getting more when i leave in 5 mins here.

is it possible that my immune system was taxed after taking penecillin for a week and having my wisdom teeth recently removed?

-Thanks John
Bryan
Southern California
=====================
=====================

GuitarMD
Orange Master

Post by GuitarMD » Sat May 10, 2008 4:52 pm

It is likely that your immune system is "taxed" because of the wisdom teeth removal.
However, it is kind of like telling an Olympic athlete to run a mile the day before his event.
He or she should have absolutely NO problem with the mile OR the event the day after...

Moreover, when you get your wisdom teeth removed and take penicillin you are just trying to kill bacteria.
This is one branch of your immune system involving neutrophils more than anything else.

This virus involves the humoral branch of your immune system involving recognition of the virus by T Helper cells -->
who in turn activate B Cells into plasma cells who make Antibodies to the virus. The T Helpers wil also activate Tc Cells & macrophages who will try to target and kill virally infected cells.

Moral of the story, you should be healthy enough to tackle most things at this point.
Thus, this is just a highly virulent virus that is actively replicating.
In a few more days you will be done with this little bug.

~GuitarMD~

P.S. Which magic mouthwash are you using?
Fender MIA Strat with: KTS Titanium saddles, Fralin Blues Specials and Unbucker.
Orange AD30 --> stacked PPC112 (1 V30, 1H30)
Fender Blues Deluxe (modded JJ6V6s) + Extn Cab.

Satanic_Versus
Orange Master

Post by Satanic_Versus » Sat May 10, 2008 4:56 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BListic</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by GuitarMD</i>
<br />+ Gargle Chloroseptic in the morning. +

~GuitarMD~

well ive been using magic mouthwash to numb the area but i dont even know if its helping, it feels like it just makes it worse when it wears off.

i just ran out of zinc losenges im getting more when i leave in 5 mins here.

is it possible that my immune system was taxed after taking penecillin for a week and having my wisdom teeth recently removed?

-Thanks John

that Listerine Original, yeah that real nasty yellow stuff, that other flavored crap dose not work. it dose a great job of killing bacteria in the throat,, iv cured strep throat with it with great success many times,, you just have to look straight up and let fall into that sore zone in you throat,, you will gag and choke, but its worth it. it even kills off the pain for few hours.

Jon

Simon Wicks
Orange Master

Post by Simon Wicks » Sat May 10, 2008 5:15 pm

I had the same thing...bad sore throat thursday afternoon and i went down hill fast. By friday i was on a full on cold/flu. I still feel s---ty now but i'm a little better. Sore throat only lasted a day though....i do use Listerine though ;)

BListic
Orange Master

Post by BListic » Sat May 10, 2008 9:59 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by GuitarMD</i>
<br />It is likely that your immune system is "taxed" because of the wisdom teeth removal.
However, it is kind of like telling an Olympic athlete to run a mile the day before his event.
He or she should have absolutely NO problem with the mile OR the event the day after...

Moreover, when you get your wisdom teeth removed and take penicillin you are just trying to kill bacteria.
This is one branch of your immune system involving neutrophils more than anything else.

This virus involves the humoral branch of your immune system involving recognition of the virus by T Helper cells -->
who in turn activate B Cells into plasma cells who make Antibodies to the virus. The T Helpers wil also activate Tc Cells & macrophages who will try to target and kill virally infected cells.

Moral of the story, you should be healthy enough to tackle most things at this point.
Thus, this is just a highly virulent virus that is actively replicating.
In a few more days you will be done with this little bug.

~GuitarMD~

P.S. Which magic mouthwash are you using?

I dunno, something the RA at my GP's office prescribed for me. Its pink and grainy in texture after i shake it.

I sure do hope it goes away. Unfortunately I have become a total hypochondriac these days and if this thing lingers I'm gonna start freakin out. Heck, I'm ALREADY freakin out it.

Sometimes I hate my life.
Bryan
Southern California
=====================
=====================

Damn-Deal-Done
Orange Expert

Post by Damn-Deal-Done » Sun May 11, 2008 1:01 am

I've just pissed up a kidney stone recently. So yeah I'd say I was sick. A kidney stone brought on from having and recovering from epididimo orchitis, which I just narrowly escaped having a nut removed from. :)

renton
Rocker

Post by renton » Sun May 11, 2008 1:12 am

Im sick and its something I will have to live with for the rest of my life. Im waiting to get the correct diagnose but it seems like all my symptoms shows Im bipolar:x
Give me a sore throat anyday instead of this and I would be the happiest man alive. Come on man, at least you know that you will recover quite soon.
Markus

BillyPilgrim
Rocker

Post by BillyPilgrim » Sun May 11, 2008 1:19 am

I was ultra sick the last week. After I got past the whole sleep 14 hours a day part, it was great for my playing being cooped up in my room with nothing to do.
Byron

The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...

Schecter C-1 Classic, Ibanez GAX75,Rockverb 100

http://www.myspace.com/sweetaddictionrocks

colfaxrev
Orange Expert

Post by colfaxrev » Sun May 11, 2008 1:38 am

i just got over a nasty sinus infection and also had the super sore throat thing in the morning.

i got some antibiotics from the doctor, which SORT of helped. i still have a LITTLE bit of junk in my ear canals, which is slowly going away. especialyl since not bumming cigarettes. smoking isn't worth it at all.

anyway good luck! i hate feeling like s---
http://animalbeast.fm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Heartsndspades
Orange Master

Post by Heartsndspades » Sun May 11, 2008 1:42 am

nah man just allergies.. and my wisdom teeth are coming out sometime very soon.
Bass: orange-ad200b, obc4x10, obc1x15/ ampeg b-15/ fender Jazz/ 74' gibson grabber/ peterson stobeostomp/ ehx deluxe memory man/ malekko b:assmaster/ voodoo labs pedal power 2+/ monster bass cables
Guitar: Fender 69' Tele Thinline/ Ampeg B-15
*korey*