HELP !!! Original Cab or Reissue Fraud ??

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Ray Traboulay

Post by Ray Traboulay » Mon Feb 03, 2003 6:35 pm

First off, Are the reissued cab sanything close into comparison to teh OG cabs from back in the day? And if not , what are the differnces , specifically, and tonally. I sold my whole setup recently and bought a VHt pitbul head and I am thinking about buying this orange cab but I can never tell if the orange cab is real or has the OG real speakers in it from back in the day. SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME !!!! The only information I know about the cab is this

It has either CELESTION or FANE speakers ( not sure), it was manufactured in 67 and the ID number is P12PPGF16A

The cabinet is number #3759

It was manufactured in London

the dimensions are 30x29x15inches

it wieght is abotu 105 pounds.

SOMEONE who is knowleddgable please help me!

smell it
smell it

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Mon Feb 03, 2003 9:46 pm

smells old

BoyWithStick

Post by BoyWithStick » Fri Feb 07, 2003 1:50 am

I can't comment on the differences, but it is a "vintage" Orange 4x12 (likely from '73 or 74). Those are actually Eminence speakers in it with the P12PPGF16A number. The cabinet was manufactured in London, but was loaded here in the U.S. The 67 on the speakers is actually the Eminence product code. The 4 digit number after that represents when it was made, in yyww (year and week) format.

I have the Eminence speakers in mine as well (#4444) and it rawks. I do notice that the highs get a bit shrill at paint-peeling volume, though. I plan to replace mine with Fanes soon as the originals are starting to rattle a bit. (Hey, it's almost 30 years old.)

Hope this helps