any members of TGP looking for rare orange amps?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

J.W.
Rocker

Post by J.W. » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:31 am

Oh, and I know this has already been covered in another thread, but oh well. <b><font color="green">Happy St. Patrick's Day!</font id="green"></b>

onewaycpr
Orange Master

Post by onewaycpr » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:35 am

dude i just crapped my pants....

Simon Wicks
Orange Master

Post by Simon Wicks » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:48 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by J.W.</i>
<br />How in the hell does a person acquire that much gear!? Owning that much stuff would make me a nervous wreck! The maintenance alone would be a huge burden. That's some nice equipment though. I just woudn't be able to justify owning that much stuff as a player alone. I'm assuming they make their livelihood selling gear? If not, that's a shame--no offense. I just think that all of that nice gear deserves to be <i>played</i>, and there's not enough time in the day for one person to put all that to good use. Again, that's my opinion, but consider the source; I'm poor, and don't get enough time to play the small amount of nice gear I already have. Good luck selling it though! What a gold mine!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
20 even 10 years ago you could net gear like that for peanuts. I know a guy who would turn away vintage JTM 45s and superleads imply because they werent museum quality. The late 80's you couldnt give that stuff away. Everyone was high gain. People could buy up stuff on the cheap. The only other way would be rich as pig crap [:p]

Simon Wicks
Orange Master

Post by Simon Wicks » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:49 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by J.W.</i>
<br />How in the hell does a person acquire that much gear!? Owning that much stuff would make me a nervous wreck! The maintenance alone would be a huge burden. That's some nice equipment though. I just woudn't be able to justify owning that much stuff as a player alone. I'm assuming they make their livelihood selling gear? If not, that's a shame--no offense. I just think that all of that nice gear deserves to be <i>played</i>, and there's not enough time in the day for one person to put all that to good use. Again, that's my opinion, but consider the source; I'm poor, and don't get enough time to play the small amount of nice gear I already have. Good luck selling it though! What a gold mine!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
20 even 10 years ago you could net gear like that for peanuts. I know a guy who would turn away vintage JTM 45s and superleads imply because they werent museum quality. The late 80's you couldnt give that stuff away. Everyone was high gain. People could buy up stuff on the cheap. The only other way would be rich as pig crap [:p]