OT: How do I ask..

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Orphin
Duke of Orange

Post by Orphin » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:57 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Nev</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Orphin</i>
<br />..a beautiful girl to have the leading role in our music video when she has to kiss my in the video?
(I don't have a particular girl in mind at the moment)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

"... kiss my". Kiss your what? That could make all the difference.

N.

<br />
OMG LOL!
That was a typo, of course I meant 'me'. ROFL

Thanks for the tips guys. We'll try to make the approach as professional as possible.
It's better if my bass player as the girl than if I do it myself I think.

Oh, and by the way. Didn't have to search much to find a girl that's perfect for the role. We will start asking her, if she's not interested, the search will continue.
I hope she can see it as a professional thing, as she is a model. She should be used to jobs like these..

Ain't she perfect as the role of a classic beauty?
David
I'm speaking out of my a$$. Yours might differ.

rrrajo
Lord of Orange

Post by rrrajo » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:00 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Norrin Radd</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by GuitarMD</i>
<br />Greg is right.

And those words don't get uttered very often on this forum (other than by me, that is)! :D

Stranger than true, but often correct.
Jimy...HM#5
--------------------

Allardson
Orange Hero

Post by Allardson » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:05 pm

Damn!
She's hot as hell, you also should ask her out

JXG
Orange Master

Post by JXG » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:09 pm

Tell her you've got Brad Pitt lined up for the male role, then on the day of shooting he's let you down (unreliable Hollywood a##wipe), but you'll heroically step up to the challenge [:p]
John

Snitz User
Orange Master

Post by Snitz User » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:41 pm

Dude just ask what the hell have you got to lose the only way that you will know is by a yes or no answer why spend hours wondering what it could have been like.When you can tell everyone later what it was really like shooting you're video,ask any head shrink and they will tell you that one of the smallest words in the world is one of the words that we fear the most NO.So don't become a victim of you're own fears and insecurities stand up and be counted big deal if you get a no that has never stopped me.I just get up and keep trying till I get the yes,several years ago we supported Link Wray at a gig whilst on his Australian tour,I asked Link if I could get up on stage and play Rumble with him in the encore.Well you know what he replied he said "why Gilly that would be mighty fine I would really enjoy that" and thats how I got to play live on stage with a then living legend Link Wray. R.I.P. thanx for the power chords LINK...................

BrianGT
Duke of Orange

Post by BrianGT » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:46 pm

Great story Gilly!! :D
BrianGT
http://www.myspace.com/gentlethunderband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Orphin
Duke of Orange

Post by Orphin » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:57 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Allardson</i>
<br />Damn!
She's hot as hell, you also should ask her out
<br />
She's so stunning she gives me the creeps.
She's not available, but she's waaay out of my league anyway.

Thanks again guys for your advice..
David

Joey22

Post by Joey22 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:17 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Orphin</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Nev</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Orphin</i>
<br />..a beautiful girl to have the leading role in our music video when she has to kiss my in the video?
(I don't have a particular girl in mind at the moment)

"... kiss my". Kiss your what? That could make all the difference.

N.

<br />
OMG LOL!
That was a typo, of course I meant 'me'. ROFL

Thanks for the tips guys. We'll try to make the approach as professional as possible.
It's better if my bass player as the girl than if I do it myself I think.

Oh, and by the way. Didn't have to search much to find a girl that's perfect for the role. We will start asking her, if she's not interested, the search will continue.
I hope she can see it as a professional thing, as she is a model. She should be used to jobs like these..

Ain't she perfect as the role of a classic beauty?

She's pretty...

ESBlonde
Orange Master

Post by ESBlonde » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:03 pm

It's been said above, approach this in a professional manner.

Get some story boards made up that show the intention.

The last one will be "The Kiss"

Then ask her if she wants to feature in the vid, tell her about the director, location(s) and show her the art work. Explain the purpose and say she gets a copy for her own portfolio. If you look professional about your aims, she will be more likely to join you. If you look like a nervous school boy, you will be trated like one.

Go do the job.
Here we go; three, four...

Orphin
Duke of Orange

Post by Orphin » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:29 pm

She has responded to our mail. She interested but sees the kiss as a problem, but not a definite no. She said she'll think about it.
I was thinking if this turns out to be a problem, maybe we can solve it by a body-double..?
Anyone have any experience from using body-doubles?
David

BrianGT
Duke of Orange

Post by BrianGT » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:31 pm

Do you mean you would get a body double for her or a better looking dude to play you?? :D:D

Sorry!:mrgreen:
BrianGT
http://www.myspace.com/gentlethunderband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Orphin
Duke of Orange

Post by Orphin » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:10 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BrianGT</i>
<br />Do you mean you would get a body double for her or a better looking dude to play you?? :D:D

Sorry!:mrgreen:
<br />
Hilarious! LOL!

I mean for her. Otherwise I wouldn't get a kiss, and that is not an option. [:p]
David

BrianGT
Duke of Orange

Post by BrianGT » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:15 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Hilarious! LOL!

I mean for her. Otherwise I wouldn't get a kiss, and that is not an option. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I'm glad you are sticking to the plan.....no kiss is NOT an option!

We all want to see the finished product! :D
BrianGT

Orphin
Duke of Orange

Post by Orphin » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:20 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">We all want to see the finished product!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
<br />
Might take a while before it's finished though, probably six months or so, it wouldn't surprise me one bit.
David

Orphin
Duke of Orange

Post by Orphin » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:57 am

She's in! :D

<i>Same girl, different photo</i>
David