Orange at NAMM?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

lix

Post by lix » Fri Jan 24, 2003 8:54 pm

I've been away from the forum for awhile but always trying to keep up with Orange gear. Did Orange show anything at NAMM last week?

Also, I noticed that there've been no website updates since April 2002? Is Orange dropping out of the music biz again?
Say it ain't so!

LiX

fredwesley

Post by fredwesley » Sat Jan 25, 2003 3:28 am

I was at NAMM and they had the new Retro 50 amp head which is 50 watts
and a different 50 watt head whose name i cant recall but which looked identical,also there was a cool looking footswitch which is supposed to be available soon but that was pretty much it....

lix

Post by lix » Mon Jan 27, 2003 2:55 pm

Yes...the AD-50 & the Retro-50 are both point to point hand wired custom shop amps which were introduced last year. The AD-50 being a "modern" Orange voice & the Retro-50 being a "vintage" voice.

I wonder if Orange is backing off the U.S. market? (hmmmm........)

L
i
X

gearnut
Tiny Terror

Post by gearnut » Wed Jan 29, 2003 2:03 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I was at NAMM and they had the new Retro 50 amp head which is 50 watts
and a different 50 watt head whose name i cant recall but which looked identical,also there was a cool looking footswitch which is supposed to be available soon but that was pretty much it....

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

I'll won't believe the footswitch exists till it ships. They've been saying "soon" for many months now.

deforest

Post by deforest » Thu Feb 13, 2003 10:59 pm

Hello all! My name is DeForest and I am a long time Orange user / fan. I live in the Southern California area in tne US. Is Orange backing off the US market? At NAMM Cliff Cooper told me thay are getting more dealers. More and more dealers are advertising Orange amps in our national Vintage Guitar magazine. Orange is definately available in theUS at this time. Lately many groups have been seen playing Orange amps on our late night TV shows. Letterman, Leno, Conan. The Pretenders, Johnny Marr, Supergrass and others have all been playing Orange in the last month.
Looking and sounding great.
Cheers
-DeForest